The Latest Arab Scam in NYC? ArabianH

Lazarus
This topic is 922 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

6 hours ago, excelntsvc said:

so with nothing upon which to base your assumption, you've labeled him a scam artist ... and folks on her wonder when the rentmen get snippy ... if you do some research or ask for some guidance, fine ... but simply to say your "bat skills" detect a scam ... should get this post banned

Too bad I know what I’m talking about & you don’t ! 

Yes, this is one of the 2 ads you previously reported here @Lazarus but reverse image search yields nothing yet. I think that the pictures on this ad, if taken from IG, are in a private account hence not publicly indexed by search engines. It's possible to crop just the face and run another image search. Facial recognition algorithms are more accurate when just the face appears in the picture. I'm just too lazy to do that right now. If it works it might not yield anything from IG but probably from Facebook or Twitter.

6 hours ago, Beancounter said:

I have no idea if this guy is a scam artist or not.  I really don’t care but his ad lists “foreign qualities” as one of his attributes.  That made me chuckle.  

Which Foreign Qualities, I wonder?

•Still quotes “Friends”

•Dines at table, with hands visible, never shoveling with the fork

•Uncircumcised

•Never has a drink with ice.

•Always wants to take the most scenic route

•Smokes Dunhills…  INdoors.          

•Uses “please” and “thank you” all the time.

1 hour ago, BaronArtz said:

As of today, July 24, the ad is still on RM.

If indeed a reverse image search yields nothing, it becomes difficult to prove to RM that the ad is a fake.

I still agree with @Lazarus that this ad was published by the same scam artist.  The clues are all there. 

Maybe @excelntsvc can meet up with him & let us know if the guy is indeed real considering he seems to know so much about the topic. 

wish image search worked for this one....linking an instagram or similar to the fraud report to rentmen is usually very important......the phone is DC and the other "Arab" fakes have had other non-DC area codes......I did text this one wondering about the fakery and he replied asking me to stop harassing him.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

He finds so many of these attractive men because he's extracting the pictures from a dedicated IG account that shows many of these guys, according to Yandex. Here is the IG account where he's finding all the pics: https://www.instagram.com/arab.men.you.would.like.to/

@Lazarus, this is the specific IG account that contains the pictures he used for this new ad: https://www.instagram.com/aziz.salharbi/

That's the link that I'm going to use to report him.

Edited by lonely_john

Thank you @lonely_john! I recognize a lot of these guys. Did you report this to Rentmen? I reported this ad this morning, unfortunately it is taking them a long time to take it down. One would think they would have recognized these images as they have been used at least a dozen times already. Rentmen really needs to get their shit together & keep a database of fraudulent pictures. 

1 hour ago, Lazarus said:

Thank you @lonely_john! I recognize a lot of these guys. Did you report this to Rentmen? I reported this ad this morning, unfortunately it is taking them a long time to take it down. One would think they would have recognized these images as they have been used at least a dozen times already. Rentmen really needs to get their shit together & keep a database of fraudulent pictures. 

I just reported him.

Edited by lonely_john