David Archuleta Says He's 'Some Form of Bisexual' After Coming Out

wayout
Message added by sam.fitzpatrick,

Reminder:  This website is intended to be inclusive, and we have several bi-sexual members.  We need to be respectful of anyone, that views themselves as bi-sexual.  

43 minutes ago, Bucky said:

You can believe what you wish but heterosexuals are by FAR the majority in the world and they are in fact the biological norm.  

While there is a biological drive in most people to reproduce, that has nothing to do with sex for pleasure or recreation. I recommend a book called "Sex at Dawn", which argues that pre-agriculture, as we were living in nomadic tribes for 30-50 people, sex was had for pleasure between members of the same and opposite sex. And children were raised by the tribe as a whole because while they knew who the mother was, they didn't know who the father was. It's very interesting. 

I think as gay men, there is some degree of wishful thinking, into believing that being gay or bi is more common than people think. Heterosexual people are still the majority in the world, even though I don’t think there is a such thing as a biological norm. They are the most socially accepted. Most straight people would never have sex with the same gender. And most gay people would not have sex with people of the opposite gender. Anyone that has sex with both genders is most likely bisexual, which is less common than being straight or gay.

2 hours ago, caramelsub said:

Anyone that has sex with both genders is most likely bisexual, which is less common than being straight or gay.

And THAT is my point I'm making.

There are tons of people who start out bisexual but eventually pair off. ( ME being one of them ). You aren't going to pair off with "one of each", so you end up being identified as homosexual or heterosexual, based on your relationship status, not your actual sexual inclinations.

More and more research is finding that bisexuality is, in fact FAR MORE common than homosexuality.

But that all of this is more inclined to be driven by sociology than biology.

Yes. Some people will NEVER be attracted to the opposite sex and some will never be attracted to the same sex but more and more teenagers ARE allowing themselves to be attracted to a PERSON and not letting their gender get in the way of their attraction.

4 hours ago, Bucky said:

While I think being Bi is awesome, most gays and lesbians have no sexual attraction to the opposite sex and most straight people have absolutely no desire to have same sex sex.   

Yet, when no member of the opposite sex is available, MOST men get over their distaste for man-on-man action.

In certain tribal cultures, men takes wives and produce children, but also maintain homosexual relationships with other men while on their frequent hunting expeditions. 

Most of the world has developed a society that rewards men and women who maintain a monogamous home life as this is often the most secure "nest" for their child. And human children take a LONG time to mature compared to other mammals. So the prejudice against homosexual activity is sociology not biology.

36 minutes ago, KensingtonHomo said:

Ya got me gal! I meant gender nonconforming. 

I hope gal is another acronym for something, and that you're not insinuating that I'm a woman....

Bugs Bunny in Drag | Bugs bunny, Vintage cartoon, Cartoon pics

On 12/2/2022 at 6:14 PM, pubic_assistance said:

Yet, when no member of the opposite sex is available, MOST men get over their distaste for man-on-man action.

In certain tribal cultures, men takes wives and produce children, but also maintain homosexual relationships with other men while on their frequent hunting expeditions. 

Most of the world has developed a society that rewards men and women who maintain a monogamous home life as this is often the most secure "nest" for their child. And human children take a LONG time to mature compared to other mammals. So the prejudice against homosexual activity is sociology not biology.

Is it most? I thought it wss more like a third. I'm not counting the guys who will accept a handj9b but not reciprocate. That to me is more masturbation than sex.

Maybe conversion therapy is needed pressure bisexuals to change their sexual orientation to align with homosexual norms? 🙄 I am surprised and thankful for the LGBTIQ+ social movement that has occurred over the last 50 years. It seems pointless and counterproductive to tell others how they really think, feel or should express themselves.

1 hour ago, spidir said:

Maybe conversion therapy is needed pressure bisexuals to change their sexual orientation to align with homosexual norms? 🙄

I have found gay men are far less supportive of my bisexuality than my straight friends.

My straight friends find it exotic and kool and some of my male friends joke they'd give up navigating the emotional minefield of women "if they could just learn to like sucking dick".

Meanwhile I have had some of the nastiest commentary come from gay men who've accused me of being "confused", "closeted" and "in denial". So yeah...very often it feels like gays want to convert you because they can't believe you'd actually like both.

6 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

I have found gay men are far less supportive of my bisexuality than my straight friends.

My straight friends find it exotic and kool and some of my male friends joke they'd give up navigating the emotional minefield of women "if they could just learn to like sucking dick".

Meanwhile I have had some of the nastiest commentary come from gay men who've accused me of being "confused", "closeted" and "in denial". So yeah...very often it feels like gays want to convert you because they can't believe you'd actually like both.

I'm sorry you've had that experience. I've personally never told a bisexual he's confused, closeted, or in denial, nor have I heard anyone else do so, even behind their backs. I don't have any bi friends, though, I must admit. I've just met some. I think that it's probably people like David Archuleta and Sir Elton John who perpetuate the myth that bi people are in denial, since they stated they were bi before fully coming out as gay. Now one person I hear of all of the time as being closeted and in denial is Shawn Mendes, but he's not even stated he's bi, so that's fair game. 

23 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

I think that it's probably people like David Archuleta and Sir Elton John who perpetuate the myth that bi people are in denial, since they stated they were bi before fully coming out as gay.

I don't know Sir Elton but my understanding was that he was bisexual when he was young. 

For some people it's a journey. Mainly because when you enter into a long term relationship you have to "pick teams" (unless you're planning a thrupple). 

I do acknowledge there are men who claim bisexuality because they are afraid to admit they are gay. But converse to your observation..we end up suffering because gays think all of us are just pretending because we can't say "gay". 

I had no problem identifying as gay for a few years in my twenties  when I was primarily dating men. 

But now I find myself married with kids (and gay around the edges). So ..yes actually and actively bisexual. We do exist . 

Edited by pubic_assistance