A very interesting "queer" Netflix movie, "Dance of the 41"

it was mentioned over in the Drama/Comedy section (whatever it's called).....I agree it was a good bit melodramatic and artsy/fartsy, but that's the Mexican style (don't get started on telenovelas - they cry about every three minutes!).......still good to watch and certainly not a bore.......I was surprised the raid didn't happen until the last few minutes!!......I feared it was going to be a two-parter just before that!

Watched it on a plane last week and was a little self conscious with the nudity/orgy scenes as there were some older ladies sitting diagonally behind me and my neighbor was a big large republican female who could easily peer into my screen. Anyhow, thought the initiation bathtub scene was totally hot! Would love to see it replicated in a male brothel/sauna.

• 11 months later...
On 5/27/2021 at 1:46 PM, nycman said:

Just watched it.

Visually beautiful. Storyline is a bit plodding and messy.

In other words, it’s a good example of Mexican Cinema.

I enjoyed it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. 

Perhaps Mexican cinema is an acquired taste.  I agree that it was visually beautiful.  The acting was top-notch, especially Ignacio and Amada.  But it just dragged waaaaaaaaaay too much for me.  Amada was so miserable in her marriage that it became almost too painful to watch.  Overall, it was interesting and different, but I can't say I enjoyed it.