What Books Do You Read Repeatedly?

BenjaminNicholas

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2023 at 7:42 AM, Jim_n_NYC said:

I don't think I've ever reread a book.  There's so many to read, that rereading one would take away too much time from new stuff.

rereading is reserved for those books integral to ourselves.  And a lot of the time rereading just means picking them up and reading well-worn and/or less-familiar passages, then putting it back down.  You keep them in a very convenient place.

Edited by Rod Hagen

15 minutes ago, Rod Hagen said:

rereading is reserved for those books integral to ourselves.  And a lot of the time rereading just means picking them up and reading well-worn and/or less-familiar passages, then putting it back down.  You keep them in a very convenient place.

I wasn't judging, just making a comment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 5/3/2023 at 12:49 PM, dutchal said:

The one book I can remember reading and re-reading was a volume that combined the two Lewis Carroll masterpieces, "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking Glass".  I first read it in grade school and probably last re-read it in college.

I read them every year

The phone book, but unfortunately it’s out of print.

I’m jealous; I haven’t read for pleasure in some time. Too much reading on the job…. But I do reread a collection of Robert Frost’s poetry on my bedside table. I’ve reread all of Hemingway’s works. And I’m very fond of Ken Follett spy novels (and his historical fiction, too). I’ve also reread Margaret George’s historical fiction.

I was just in a boutique in a small town on the Turquoise Trail. I noticed a shelf of used books for sale in a corner. As I read through the titles, I realized they were all my favorites, even a few obscure titles. It was my book shelf at home. I had to ask if it was a random collection. Turns out they belonged to the shopkeeper’s father, who recently died.  Books are so personal; would have like to meet that man.