Time Square Men’s Spa TSMS

sessregny

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just saw Alven at TSMS and would NOT repeat. I went in because I’ve seen quite a few positive comments. I usually go to HK Spa. Alven starts the massage and right away asks if I want an HE in the first minutes, I said yes. He then massaged me and…. Tickled me… which was weird for about 15mins and then decides to lay out his tipping menu to me and if I want an HE it’s an $80 min tip on $60 service…. Now while I was prepared to tip this much and more, I cannot stand up selling and talking tips in the middle of the massage… this if at all should have been discussed before we started. I think he waited awhile incase I decided to leave and then he would have got nothing. Because I was not really attracted to him and didn’t know what his MT/HE would include I wasn’t going to commit to him what I would tip him, so I told him just do the massage and no HE. He then gets cold and clearly annoyed, as was I at this point. The rest of the massage was horrible… if you can even call it a massage… lots of foot rubbing and the same motions over and over in the same spots. He told me his minimum tip is $20 so that’s what I left him. When I left I told him and the other guy there I didn’t like the approach and was prepared to tip more than $80, but that other places to try and won’t be back. 

wasted an hour and $80. I’ve always gone to HK and should have Stuck to it… I’ve had 4 different people there and never felt so pressured to discuss tip during the massage. 

1 hour ago, Tycot10 said:

I just saw Alven at TSMS and would NOT repeat. I went in because I’ve seen quite a few positive comments. I usually go to HK Spa. Alven starts the massage and right away asks if I want an HE in the first minutes, I said yes. He then massaged me and…. Tickled me… which was weird for about 15mins and then decides to lay out his tipping menu to me and if I want an HE it’s an $80 min tip on $60 service…. Now while I was prepared to tip this much and more, I cannot stand up selling and talking tips in the middle of the massage… this if at all should have been discussed before we started. I think he waited awhile incase I decided to leave and then he would have got nothing. Because I was not really attracted to him and didn’t know what his MT/HE would include I wasn’t going to commit to him what I would tip him, so I told him just do the massage and no HE. He then gets cold and clearly annoyed, as was I at this point. The rest of the massage was horrible… if you can even call it a massage… lots of foot rubbing and the same motions over and over in the same spots. He told me his minimum tip is $20 so that’s what I left him. When I left I told him and the other guy there I didn’t like the approach and was prepared to tip more than $80, but that other places to try and won’t be back. 

wasted an hour and $80. I’ve always gone to HK and should have Stuck to it… I’ve had 4 different people there and never felt so pressured to discuss tip during the massage. 

Sorry you had to experience this BS! I have posted about this in several threads before, not necessarily with Alven, but others, and at other spas as well. It really infuriates me, there is NO excuse for doing this once a massage has started in my opinion, as it completely ruins the mood, relaxation, and means the masseur is not really into providing for YOU, only interested in upselling to make more money for himself. The management should be told off as well. And I'm with you, I haven't gone back to guys who have done that to me, and if I told management and they shrug their shoulders, I don't go back to that spa either, sorry, done.

1 hour ago, JUWS said:

Sorry you had to experience this BS! I have posted about this in several threads before, not necessarily with Alven, but others, and at other spas as well. It really infuriates me, there is NO excuse for doing this once a massage has started in my opinion, as it completely ruins the mood, relaxation, and means the masseur is not really into providing for YOU, only interested in upselling to make more money for himself. The management should be told off as well. And I'm with you, I haven't gone back to guys who have done that to me, and if I told management and they shrug their shoulders, I don't go back to that spa either, sorry, done.

Yeah same! I can somewhat understand that these people likely see all sorts who barely tip or try not to tip at all…. So I can understand somewhat that they want to feel they will be compensated…. But once we are off to the races and I’m zoned out and relaxed…. NOT the time 

14 hours ago, Tycot10 said:

Because I was not really attracted to him and didn’t know what his MT/HE would include I wasn’t going to commit to him what I would tip him, so I told him just do the massage and no HE. He then gets cold and clearly annoyed, as was I at this point. The rest of the massage was horrible… if you can even call it a massage… lots of foot rubbing and the same motions over and over in the same spots. He told me his minimum tip is $20 so that’s what I left him. When I left I told him and the other guy there I didn’t like the approach and was prepared to tip more than $80, but that other places to try and won’t be back. 

I think at that point even a 20% tip would have been generous. You should have tipped him $12 or less. 

I've also quit going to TSMS. The quality and service has dropped below a level I consider acceptable. If any service professional (waiter, barber, masseur) tried to demand a guaranteed tip or tried to set a minimum prior to service I'd just get up and walk out. Clear red flag this are going to go poorly.  It's not being "cheap" - it's simply not rewarding bad behavior.

• 6 months later...
12 minutes ago, jwangjimmy said:

•  

Thai guy LEO gave a great thera-sensual massage. Super technique. Unfortunately he didn’t think my 45% tip was enough, s

Uhm, $30 on a $65 "thera-sensual" massage is not that great... A $65 massage is pretty cheap in and of itself so I would consider a 100% tip more appropriate if it's "thera-sensual." If I were going to a more traditional spa, then 45% would be a decent tip but not here. JMHO.

3 hours ago, urbanfetish said:

Uhm, $30 on a $65 "thera-sensual" massage is not that great... A $65 massage is pretty cheap in and of itself so I would consider a 100% tip more appropriate if it's "thera-sensual." If I were going to a more traditional spa, then 45% would be a decent tip but not here. JMHO.

jwangjimmy is an employee rather than a client/customer! It's yet self-promotion account by the staff of this group of NYC spas. 

San Diego Lol GIF by San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance

Edited by Marc in Calif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

TSMS is practically Hero Spa reincarnated— same owner and initial masseurs. I remember the time when Hero was decent, then started to go downhill at some point. I feel the same happened to TSMS. I stopped going there as well due to the same complaints cited by forum members lately. It is still better than Energy or Grandee, but that’s a very low standard. :p

Edited by Link

I usually see Alven when I go to TSMS , he always delivers and never once asked about tip. Others I had there not the best of service. I did see a young fit guy at the desk he name was Andy might have to try him.   Reading this forum gives me good insight and how many masseurs ask or try and up sell at many places.  I’ve always wondered if they keep a list of better tippers and if the masseurs talk to other spas ?  

2 hours ago, Link said:

TSMS is practically Hero Spa reincarnated— same owner and initial masseurs. I remember the time when Hero was decent, then started to go downhill at some point. I feel the same happened to TSMS. I stopped going there as well due to the same complaints cited by forum members lately. It is still better than Energy or Grandee, but that’s a very low standard. :p

Been there twice recently and both were amazing experiences. I've learned not to overgeneralize... 27 Men/HK derives from Hero, too, originally. Some of their masseurs have been mediocre, and some have been fired for upselling. Shangri-La has given mixed results, too. So, unfortunately, one does not always know for sure what they will get.

On 11/13/2023 at 4:26 PM, ziggyyy1994 said:

Can I ask what an MT/HE is? I’ve always wanted to get a massage at this spa but I’m not sure not too what the systems in nyc are. I’m used to spas overseas where most masseurs would go all the way

Administrator’s Message

@ziggyyy1994, In replying to your questions: keep in mind that some activities are illegal in NY and we don’t want to post anything that could possibly jeopardize the licenses of the Spa or Masseur. 

On 11/13/2023 at 7:32 PM, deepplease said:

I usually see Alven when I go to TSMS , he always delivers and never once asked about tip. Others I had there not the best of service. I did see a young fit guy at the desk he name was Andy might have to try him.   Reading this forum gives me good insight and how many masseurs ask or try and up sell at many places.  I’ve always wondered if they keep a list of better tippers and if the masseurs talk to other spas ?  

My experience with Alven has been similarly excellent.  

On 11/13/2023 at 7:36 PM, JayinHKNYC said:

Been there twice recently and both were amazing experiences. I've learned not to overgeneralize... 27 Men/HK derives from Hero, too, originally. Some of their masseurs have been mediocre, and some have been fired for upselling. Shangri-La has given mixed results, too. So, unfortunately, one does not always know for sure what they will get.

Most masseurs prefer their jobs. None of them are perfect. They also have pressures in their own life. It is unfortunate that they will treat different customers differently on the same day, that is why spa managers are  always looking for new masseurs. 

From the masseur's viewpoint, he brings up the amount of the tip because he has likely been burned by cheapskates who get the most out of him and then leave a poor tip. Why give your best without knowing that the person is generous or tight?

I make no secret of the fact that I am generous when pleased.

On 11/13/2023 at 5:09 PM, Link said:

I totally agree, Another true story is that HERO SPA is almost the reincarnation of YEAN MAN.
W MAN is almost the reincarnation of YEAN MAN too😂

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2023 at 8:39 PM, Spursy said:

I saw Alven recently for the 4th or 5th time.  And it just keeps getting better.  TSMS might be going downhill overall, but Alven is top-notch.  

i saw two more new young guy there, about 26 years old age ,tall ,not fat