Kevin Durant’s ugly Michael Rapaport Instagram feud

samhexum
This topic is 1152 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

From burner accounts to Twitter beefs with random unverified trolls, Kevin Durant has never seen a social media fight he didn’t love. But his latest has forced the Nets to have a long talk with their superstar player, and could even land him in hot water with the NBA.

After actor Michael Rapaport made public a number of social media private messages that Durant had sent him — some of which were misogynistic, homophobic and threatening — the league is aware of the situation and assessing the next move. It’s unclear whether Durant will face any fines.

Meanwhile, a team source told The Post that the Nets reached out and spoke to the All-Star forward. The source declined to say who specifically spoke with Durant, and said the tenor of the conversation would be kept “in-house.”

Durant wishes his comments to Rapaport had stayed that way, too.

“Me and mike talk CRAZIER than this on the regular and today he’s pissed,” Durant tweeted. “My bad mike, damn!!”

The two have clearly known each other for years, with Durant even providing the New York native with tickets to the NBA Finals while he was playing with Golden State. Rapoport actually shared a video in which he complains to Durant about the location of his seats.

But their recent feud appeared to start in December when Rapaport weighed in on an interview that the Nets forward did with Charles Barkley and the “NBA on TNT” crew, in the wake of Barkley’s criticism of Durant.

“KD seemed deeply in his feelings with the [NBA on TNT] crew after the game,” Rapoport tweeted. “DAMNIT he’s super sensitive about everything. Don’t do the interview.”

That seems to have set Durant off, and the two proceeded to have a months-long argument in which he calls Rapaport a “b—h” and a “d—head.” The actor pushed back, telling the Brooklyn star to “go help the kids in Brownsville, Brooklyn and stop being a f—ing p—-.”

In the messages, Durant also mentioned he eventually told Rapaport “all u do is c— suck other men for attention,” referred to him as a “piece of s–t,” and told him to “suck a d–k.”

He also mocked Rapaport’s unsuccessful attempt to sue Barstool founder David Portnoy— which prompted Portnoy to praise Durant for going after Rapaport — and even suggested the actor’s wife didn’t respect him and threatened to “spit in your face.” He challenged Rapoport to meet him on West 17th Street at 10 a.m., or provide his own address.

Now Durant — who hasn’t played since Feb. 13, sidelined by a hamstring strain — has to worry about more than just his rehab, explaining himself to his team.

From burner accounts to Twitter beefs with random unverified trolls, Kevin Durant has never seen a social media fight he didn’t love. But his latest has forced the Nets to have a long talk with their superstar player, and could even land him in hot water with the NBA.

After actor Michael Rapaport made public a number of social media private messages that Durant had sent him — some of which were misogynistic, homophobic and threatening — the league is aware of the situation and assessing the next move. It’s unclear whether Durant will face any fines.

Meanwhile, a team source told The Post that the Nets reached out and spoke to the All-Star forward. The source declined to say who specifically spoke with Durant, and said the tenor of the conversation would be kept “in-house.”

Durant wishes his comments to Rapaport had stayed that way, too.

“Me and mike talk CRAZIER than this on the regular and today he’s pissed,” Durant tweeted. “My bad mike, damn!!”

The two have clearly known each other for years, with Durant even providing the New York native with tickets to the NBA Finals while he was playing with Golden State. Rapoport actually shared a video in which he complains to Durant about the location of his seats.

But their recent feud appeared to start in December when Rapaport weighed in on an interview that the Nets forward did with Charles Barkley and the “NBA on TNT” crew, in the wake of Barkley’s criticism of Durant.

“KD seemed deeply in his feelings with the [NBA on TNT] crew after the game,” Rapoport tweeted. “DAMNIT he’s super sensitive about everything. Don’t do the interview.”

That seems to have set Durant off, and the two proceeded to have a months-long argument in which he calls Rapaport a “b—h” and a “d—head.” The actor pushed back, telling the Brooklyn star to “go help the kids in Brownsville, Brooklyn and stop being a f—ing p—-.”

In the messages, Durant also mentioned he eventually told Rapaport “all u do is c— suck other men for attention,” referred to him as a “piece of s–t,” and told him to “suck a d–k.”

He also mocked Rapaport’s unsuccessful attempt to sue Barstool founder David Portnoy— which prompted Portnoy to praise Durant for going after Rapaport — and even suggested the actor’s wife didn’t respect him and threatened to “spit in your face.” He challenged Rapoport to meet him on West 17th Street at 10 a.m., or provide his own address.

Now Durant — who hasn’t played since Feb. 13, sidelined by a hamstring strain — has to worry about more than just his rehab, explaining himself to his team.

These are athletes who are fueled with adrenaline and testosterone.

Anyone who has played a lot of sports understand that this type of communication is quite common and shouldn’t be made into more that what it is: “Shit-Talking”.

I'm not into sports so dont know durant, but I do know Rappaport. He's a Real Housewives fanatic, usually comes off as a douchebag, and his wife is divorcing him.... He purports to be a huge ally of the Black community (simply because he's into black women), but that community aint buyin it.

These are athletes who are fueled with adrenaline and testosterone.

Anyone who has played a lot of sports understand that this type of communication is quite common and shouldn’t be made into more that what it is: “Shit-Talking”.

It's sad that we live in a world where this kind of stupidity is celebrated. Durant can't even string a sentence together yet he's worth 170 million because he can throw a ball into a hoop. He's freaking 7 ft tall so it really isn't that much of a feat.

It's sad that we live in a world where this kind of stupidity is celebrated. Durant can't even string a sentence together yet he's worth 170 million because he can throw a ball into a hoop. He's freaking 7 ft tall so it really isn't that much of a feat.

Ummm.... you may be reaching a bit.

Everyone’s path in life isn’t to be a “well-articulated orator”. He’s a superior athlete, which definitely deserves respect, as anyone does, if they are prolific in their said profession.

Secondly, playing basketball requires more skill than just “throwing a ball into a hoop”.

You wanna know what’s sad? That the level of stupidity you speak of, was celebrated for four years, by people wearing MAGA hats....

Everyone’s path in life isn’t to be a “well-articulated orator”. He’s a superior athlete, which definitely deserves respect, as anyone does, if they are prolific in their said profession.

Secondly, playing basketball requires more skill than just “throwing a ball into a hoop”.

You wanna know what’s sad? That the level of stupidity you speak of, was celebrated for four years, by people wearing MAGA hats....

Apparently, THAT hasnt changed much ?

Yeah, clearly no orator. He needs an interpreter.

Durant has been fined $50,000 for using offensive and derogatory language on social media, the league announced in a press release today. The release added that Durant has since acknowledged his actions were inappropriate.

“I receive threats and disgusting messages DAILY, but never in my wildest dreams did I think [Kevin Durant] would be among them,” Rapaport wrote in his post. “The [snake] himself is now threatening me, bringing up my wife and wants to fight. This is supposed to be America’s sweetheart right?”

Durant has since apologized for his words. The 32-year-old has only appeared in 19 games for the Nets this season, averaging 29 points, 7.3 rebounds and 5.3 assists per contest. Brooklyn is hoping he could return soon from a hamstring injury suffered in February.

Durant has been fined $50,000 for using offensive and derogatory language on social media, the league announced in a press release today. The release added that Durant has since acknowledged his actions were inappropriate.

“I receive threats and disgusting messages DAILY, but never in my wildest dreams did I think [Kevin Durant] would be among them,” Rapaport wrote in his post. “The [snake] himself is now threatening me, bringing up my wife and wants to fight. This is supposed to be America’s sweetheart right?”

Durant has since apologized for his words. The 32-year-old has only appeared in 19 games for the Nets this season, averaging 29 points, 7.3 rebounds and 5.3 assists per contest. Brooklyn is hoping he could return soon from a hamstring injury suffered in February.

Since he's worth 170 million that would like getting fined $5.00 for most of us peasants. What he's really concerned about is his sponsors like Coke and Nike who don't appreciate this negative press. He gets 35 million a year just from that. That's the only reason he's apologizing now.

Everyone’s path in life isn’t to be a “well-articulated orator”.

Yeah, clearly no orator. He needs an interpreter.

Blanche: “Dorothy, let me handle this - I’m a great orator.”

Dorothy: “Blanche, ‘orator’ means ‘speaker’!”

Blanche [long pause]: “Really?”

Blanche: “Dorothy, let me handle this - I’m a great orator.”

Dorothy: “Blanche, ‘orator’ means ‘speaker’!”

Blanche [long pause]: “Really?”

I love love love when tour posts reference such memorable scenes of TV shows!!!

The Golden Girls was one of those shows where I watched the show at two different times of my life.... as a kid, when I didn’t get all of the jokes, but my mom did, and was “beet red”, in laughter.... and of course as an adult, where I got ALL of the jokes!!!!

?

Edited by Monarchy79

Ummm..... I’m not going to go THERE tonite, but your point of reference in “translating”, Kevin Durant’s level of “articulation”, is reaching towards that line... and you know the “line”, I’m talking about ?

Airplane is a classic and yes since he talks that way I'm going to make fun of it so sue me.

Well, if I see gay guys getting weho bitchy I'll call it like I see it as well. Same goes for black guys talking hood talk. Neither are worthy of being role models which he gets paid a shit ton for.

ExwTtyhUUAApva9?format=jpg&name=large

Ummmm,

Well aware of their exchange and guess what? One is black and one is white. They were both name calling. Neither of them spoke that “blacksploitation-jive-talk”, you previously referenced.

In social media, most people do not use proper English, especially on Twitter.

Airplane is a classic and yes since he talks that way I'm going to make fun of it so sue me.

There’s not one word that the guy said, that even resembled the stereotypically exaggerated slang used in that scene on Airplane.

I’m also quite familiar with the many tweets from Rappaport as well. He speaks in slang, uses profanity as well. Would you consider his way of speaking “black hood talk”, too?

?

There’s not one word that the guy said, that even resembled the stereotypically exaggerated slang used in that scene on Airplane.

I’m also quite familiar with the many tweets from Rappaport as well. He speaks in slang, uses profanity as well. Would you consider his way of speaking “black hood talk”, too?

?

Well, for one thing Jive is dated so yes of course it's not going to resemble what he said today.

Maybe. Allot white boys like to act like their from the hood as well.

Well, for one thing Jive is dated so yes of course it's not going to resemble what he said today.

Maybe. Allot white boys like to act like their from the hood as well.

Well maybe some white boys are from the “hood” as well, and can be just as inarticulate as those black guys you generalized.