Update on The Corner Pocket in NOLA?

Has anyone been to The Corner Pocket in NOLA lately? I am thinking about heading down that way in late April. I have heard that a few months ago they started serving food to stay open during Covid, and the boys were serving instead of dancing on the bar.

Is that still the case? Any recent information would be helpful. Thanks!

Has anyone been to The Corner Pocket in NOLA lately? I am thinking about heading down that way in late April. I have heard that a few months ago they started serving food to stay open during Covid, and the boys were serving instead of dancing on the bar.

Is that still the case? Any recent information would be helpful. Thanks!

For the most part I'm not sure I'd want any food cooked or served by any of the Corner Pocket dancers. RT is sexy only when it's hot.

OTOH, I'd lick crumbs off many of the strippers at the Bourbon Parade or Oz.

Edited by tassojunior

• 11 months later...

Stopped into the Corner Pocket on my last trip to NOLA on President's Day Weekend. 

Thursday night - admittedly - I was DRUNK, but hey it's New Orleans, and they expect that sort of thing.  The bar had a few customers considering it was after Midnight on a Thursday night, I was pleasantly surprised.  From what I recall, there were the usual local dancers & prolly one out of towner dancer with variety of body styles from twink, semi-trade, etc.  As other noted, don't expect to going there for the Twunk's or Muscles normally seen at Oz or Bourbon Pub.

Saturday night - it was a good sized crowd, good mix of dancers.  A few remembered me and my buddy from our drunken appearance on Thursday night closing the place down.  Same as before something for every body there as long as you're not looking for gym rat.  This time I noticed the bartenders were also amusing as hell.  I love a good strip club bartender with the right mix of sass/raunch.  :)  Value wise - I didn't partake in any private dances.  Stayed at the bar, and acouple dancers came around after they left the stage.  I enjoyed myself and I'd go back as always.  

Sadly, I can't report what Mardi Gras weekend down there is like.  I'd hope they'd have some out of town talent come in and supplement their existing staff.   

11 hours ago, BeamerBikes said:

Stopped into the Corner Pocket on my last trip to NOLA on President's Day Weekend. 

Thursday night - admittedly - I was DRUNK, but hey it's New Orleans, and they expect that sort of thing.  The bar had a few customers considering it was after Midnight on a Thursday night, I was pleasantly surprised.  From what I recall, there were the usual local dancers & prolly one out of towner dancer with variety of body styles from twink, semi-trade, etc.  As other noted, don't expect to going there for the Twunk's or Muscles normally seen at Oz or Bourbon Pub.

Saturday night - it was a good sized crowd, good mix of dancers.  A few remembered me and my buddy from our drunken appearance on Thursday night closing the place down.  Same as before something for every body there as long as you're not looking for gym rat.  This time I noticed the bartenders were also amusing as hell.  I love a good strip club bartender with the right mix of sass/raunch.  :)  Value wise - I didn't partake in any private dances.  Stayed at the bar, and acouple dancers came around after they left the stage.  I enjoyed myself and I'd go back as always.  

Sadly, I can't report what Mardi Gras weekend down there is like.  I'd hope they'd have some out of town talent come in and supplement their existing staff.   

Hmmmm….Private dances?  Tell me more.  I don’t remember there being any the last time I was there.  Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I was in NOLA this past Sunday and Monday.  Went to Corner Pocket both nights but things were very slow. There were 4-5 strippers and not many customers.  I think you will have much better luck on a Friday or Saturday night.   I did not go to Bourbon pub or Oz.   Hope you have a great trip.  NOLA has always been a great place for me.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Cock Eyed Optimist said:

Well, the last update on the Corner Pocket was over a year ago, and I think I will head back that way in a month.

I am mostly interested in an update on the Pocket, but any other bar news would be appreciated.

Eagerly awaiting your report. Was last there 20 years ago. It was great then. 

7 hours ago, Cock Eyed Optimist said:

Well, the last update on the Corner Pocket was over a year ago, and I think I will head back that way in a month.

I am mostly interested in an update on the Pocket, but any other bar news would be appreciated.

Let us know how Bourbon Parade and Oz are dancer-wise. Often one or the other is really hot. I don't have any suspense at all about how Corner Pocket is unfortunately. 

I went just a few months ago.  I go every time I'm in NOLA and it's still pretty good in my opinion.  The whole quarter had a bit of a crack down a couple of years ago in an effort to make the whole area more family friendly.  So the days of full nudity and a guy jerking you off at the bar while you enjoy your drink are over.  However it all still happens on busy nights just much more discreet lol 

On 4/24/2023 at 3:22 PM, The Big Guy said:

I love Corner Pocket.   It’s been a couple years and want to go back.  I have had some very interesting dances in the back room where they keep the pool table.  I love Ashley the bartender.   Have fun and I also want a full report. 

Take a look at their website:  www.cornerpocket.com.  There is a notice about Ashley undergoing surgery and will be out for several months.  There is no date posted, so I don’t know when that information was posted.

13 minutes ago, Cock Eyed Optimist said:

Take a look at their website:  www.cornerpocket.com.  There is a notice about Ashley undergoing surgery and will be out for several months.  There is no date posted, so I don’t know when that information was posted.

According to their Facebook page, the post regarding Ashley went up April 13th, and says he'll be out two or three months.  There's also a link to Ashley's GoFundMe on The Corner Pocket's Facebook post.

• 4 months later...

Bumping this venue.   I was there last night and it seems really different than in the past.  Admittedly I have not been since Covid.  I was there early and there were several dancers, a couple of which were good looking.   What seemed different was there was no interaction with the patrons.  They danced on the bar and then went to the back room.  In the past they engaged and things could get quite interesting.  Maybe it was just a slow night or is this a new rule for CP?  I know sometimes NOLA cracks down on these places and they keep low profiles for a while.  Just curious of others experience.  

On 9/15/2023 at 8:54 AM, The Big Guy said:

Bumping this venue.   I was there last night and it seems really different than in the past.  Admittedly I have not been since Covid.  I was there early and there were several dancers, a couple of which were good looking.   What seemed different was there was no interaction with the patrons.  They danced on the bar and then went to the back room.  In the past they engaged and things could get quite interesting.  Maybe it was just a slow night or is this a new rule for CP?  I know sometimes NOLA cracks down on these places and they keep low profiles for a while.  Just curious of others experience.  

The week after labor day is always dead because everyone just left Southern Decadence

• 2 weeks later...

I frequent the Corner Pocket a lot. It’s still a fun time, however it’s not as good as it once was. Lap dances are not allowed. I’m not sure if they were ever officially allowed, but the bartenders discourage them now. Your mileage with the dancers and what they show you will depend on your tips. You can still get a good value for your dollar if you know what I mean. Lots of street trade hang around that corner as well.