Update on The Corner Pocket in NOLA?

Last time I visited the CP the city was just beginning to ease Covid restrictions. Has anyone been there within the last year (2023)? I’ll be there mid-week on my next trip. Do mid-week days have noticeably fewer dancers? Which hours are best to visit? After 10pm? 11pm? Nothing worse than walking in to an empty bar. Thx for some current 411.

I was just there a month ago on a Thursday through Sunday trip.  It was slow mid week but got a little better on Saturday night.   There was about a half dozen guys each night.  A couple were good looking.  If you tipped them while dancing for you at the bar they would stop by for a longer visit but did not do lap dances. I am sure you could negotiate for a later experience when they get off around 2 am.  

On 9/24/2023 at 6:12 PM, Allwhere said:

I frequent the Corner Pocket a lot. It’s still a fun time, however it’s not as good as it once was.

Lots of street trade hang around that corner as well. 

I've been visiting there on occasional trips a long time and short of new guys with three eyes and twelve fingers I don't see how it could have gotten worse. 

Some times one nice-enough guy would pop up dancing, but you're right; the only really good lookers readily-available I ever met there were on the sidewalk outside.  But I'll go there Mardi Gras. Wish the strippers at Bourbon Pub and Oz were more available. Those are some good-looking guys. 

Edited by tassojunior

• 3 months later...

I was there over Thanksgiving this past year and stopped into the Pocket to see how she's been.

Aside from the bartender smoking outside and telling us that we're 'better off anywhere else,' it was pretty much the typical Pocket experience I've come to know.

A few malnourished gogos.  Another one who clearly couldn't stop eating.  A bummer of a scene, to be honest.  The guys looked so glazed-over that there was no possible way this could have been a sexy, exciting environment.

We stayed for one overpriced drink (cash only) and left.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...