Revenge of The Fly

Lucky
This topic is 1127 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

No, it's not the title of a new movie. It's what's happening at my house this morning, along with the no-show of the repairman. I hate killing insects individually. It seems cruel. But I don't mind putting out fly traps outside. I put up new ones yesterday to deal with an increase in flies.

So this morning, there were several flies around my work station. I killed them, but more came. I killed them, and yes, more came. I swatted over 50 flies. The good thing is that I realized this is a war, so I had no guilt. They were no doubt trying to get back at me for the new fly traps. But I showed them. So far.

Has your day been as exciting as mine? Life at home.

Edited by Lucky

What's drawing the flies to your work station?

i was an avid fan of CSI so I learned about flies and decomposing bodies.

My fly problem appears to be over. I suspected that the fly traps were actually increasing the number of flies what with that aroma they have. So I threw all of them away. Result: Only one fly today, so I let him live.

Who else wonders if @Lucky was in confessional mode earlier? Now that it seems he’s got rid of the body, will he go ‘silent’ or will he, like Delusional Meghan, be ‘silenced’? :cool:

Did I not say that I think it was the fly traps drawing in the flies? Our doors do not have screens. With dogs going in and out, that doesn't help. But the fly situation today is quite good, so I can't blame the dogs!

• 2 weeks later...