Cicely Tyson passed...

big-n-tall
This topic is 1218 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

She was the personification and embodiment of class, dignity, and excellence. I just love her. In my mind she was going to live forever, and with all of the incredible performances she’s gifted us with, and people she inspired, she absolutely does live forever.

Edited by RandyVue

Cicely Tyson passed...

The title of this thread made me think of The Golden Girls (of course) when Dorothy was going to re-marry Stan and Blanche interviewed Grace Adler's mother Debbie Reynolds to be a new roomate:

Truby: Oh, my husband passed.

Rose: Passed what?

Dorothy: A slow-moving Winnebago, Rose!

When I was kid in elementary school, we got to watch The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman.

I believe if I'm not mistaken she was the second black woman to be nominated for Best Actress after Dorothy Dandridge.

Sounder was a favorite movie of ours.

She was the personification and embodiment of class, dignity, and excellence.

She was remarkable as Miss Jane Pittman.

What an amazing life!
Edited by samhexum

The most memorable scene that I love that Cicely played in is from the Women of Brewster Place. She was in that movie for less than 10 minutes and the scene she was in was the most memorable of the entire film. For someone to do shows what kind of talent she truly was.