Could "Sex and the City" be a hit without Samantha?

This topic is 1163 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

And Just Like That....I'm not watching it!!!! I liked Sex in the City when it first came out....then I noticed how neurotic Kerry Bradshaw was in every damn episode. I had to stop watching it. Sam and Miranda were the most real characters to me. Plus Sam hooked up with some hot guys...she should've had a hot gay bestie to go out on the town with. Could you imagine the competition between the two?

The show was very much of its time. I enjoyed watching it. Same with the reruns. Not too sure of a reboot.

Hey, they are broads in their 50's now, menopause, saggy boobs, plastic surgery.... Lets see if THEY take Samanthas place and turn into "cougars"... ?

Given the train wreck that the second movie was, I'm not excited about a revival. I loved the show in its time but that time may have passed.

I did laugh about a broadcast network (TNT, maybe?) carrying the show for a while but censoring some of the dialog, and thinking they may as well make Samantha totally mute.

• 4 weeks later...

And Just Like That....I'm not watching it!!!! I liked Sex in the City when it first came out....then I noticed how neurotic Kerry Bradshaw was in every damn episode. I had to stop watching it. Sam and Miranda were the most real characters to me. Plus Sam hooked up with some hot guys...she should've had a hot gay bestie to go out on the town with. Could you imagine the competition between the two?

You’re absolutely right!!!

Unfortunately, and entire generation of women thought they wanted to be Carrie, and then after following her messy mindset, tragic fashions, and self-absorbed behavior, they grew auto and reloaded that they should have aspired to be Samantha and Miranda all along.