How long after vaccination for COVID 19 does one have to remain chaste and avoid travel?

Old Blue
This topic is 1222 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm scheduled to get my first vaccination for COVID 19 next week and my second shot on Feb 2.

Although I'd like to believe I can resume travel, etc., immediately thereafter, I'm told I should not.

The main concern, as near as I can tell, is that I can still be a vector of disease and carry COVID 19 to others.

How long after vaccination does one have to remain chaste and avoid travel?

The real question is how long after receiving the vaccine must you avoid close personal contact with someone who does not live in your household. Sex is but on type of close personal contact. Hugging someone (like your mother or best friend), hanging out while not maintaining a distance of at least six feet without a mask, and shaking hands are three examples of close contact that do not involve sex.

After vaccination with the Pfizer vaccine. 3 weeks later you need to get a second vaccine and then 1 week after that, if you are going to be immune, which is 95% of recipients, you will be immune. Now how long that lasts, that is a different question and not fully answerable now. At the time of the second immunization, 80% or so of people are immune. So that second shot only confers immunity to 15% Now it may be needed to insure a durable immunity. The reason if is being given this way is because this is how the studies were done.

There are physicians and other advocates saying to hold the second shot because if you give the dose of the vaccine which was to be given as the second shot to people who have not had any, you will get 80& protection from that shot in the new group and only 15% of the previously vaccinated group.

So if you have 200 people. 80 or so are immune from shot 1 15 % from shot 2. so 95 people 95. total

80% or so immune from shot 1. New group 80% from the next 100. 160. total

The thought being that the second shot can be given later and that you get a faster roll out. However, they are not sure how long the immunity from a single shot lasts, so you may lose benefit faster and the second shot given late may not be as effective.

Not all black and white in the world of Cvid vaccines.

Edited by purplekow

At 10 days after your first shot you are unlikely to die from COVID,

but you can still get it and presumably transmit it. But at that point

you’re already about 10 times less likely than an unvaccinated

person to even get it. After the second shot I would say you are

very unlikely to get it or transmit it, but the data isn’t really there

yet to support that statement.

Personally, 10 days after my first shot I allowed myself to eat

indoors at a restaurant for the first time since the pandemic

started.

10 days after the second shot, I will fuck like a rabbit.

A guy who can swallow down my entire load without spilling or gagging earns major respect.

It's imperative that you remain chaste until your family receives the dowry.

I'll remain chaste if it means I get your dowry. ???