Masseurs that don’t offer sessions longer than 60 min. Why?

7829V
This topic is 1293 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was trying to arrange a session with a masseur. When I asked his rate for a 90 minute session he got annoyed and said that’s not an option. ??‍♂️ Only 60 minutes.

I usually hire for 90 minute sessions. Enough time to relax and make it worthwhile for me and the masseur.

The only reason I can think some only do 60 minutes is because they have no idea on how to do a massage and the can only do 60 minutes of disjointed movements and maybe some sensual play. 90 minutes for them would be an eternity. They don’t have the skills or knowledge to make the session last that long.

Any other ideas?

I have one of those - so I usually book 90 and opt for massage play combo and paying the upgrade

90 min with just hands takes experience and tenacity. There are guys who can do it, but fewer who want to. It takes time to build up the technique to develop a pattern of additional use of forearms along with stretching manipulation to break up the fatigue on the hands and fingers..

I splurge on a spa if an hour can’t dig through.

I've only ever had one guy who said he could not do 90 minutes. He said that he simply could not use his hands in a therapeutic way for that length of time. I had no reason to doubt him. I hired him and he did give a good therapeutic massage for the majority of the 60 minutes and then one of the most erotic finishes I've ever had that took the session past 60 minutes. I gave him a very nice tip and he texted me his gratitude just a few minutes after I left.

I've only ever had one guy who said he could not do 90 minutes. He said that he simply could not use his hands in a therapeutic way for that length of time. I had no reason to doubt him. I hired him and he did give a good therapeutic massage for the majority of the 60 minutes and then one of the most erotic finishes I've ever had that took the session past 60 minutes. I gave him a very nice tip and he texted me his gratitude just a few minutes after I left.

Is he still in business? :rolleyes:

Like 7829V, I prefer longer sessions. However, my regular guy is only doing 60 minute sessions since he started back in business a few weeks ago. His explanation is that he wants to limit the amount of time he spends with any one client due to Covid concerns. (He is also limiting the number of clients he sees.). I was disappointed but completely understand and support his position.

Like 7829V, I prefer longer sessions. However, my regular guy is only doing 60 minute sessions since he started back in business a few weeks ago. His explanation is that he wants to limit the amount of time he spends with any one client due to Covid concerns. (He is also limiting the number of clients he sees.). I was disappointed but completely understand and support his position.

I understanding limiting the number of clients to minimize risk, but minimizing the amount of time spent with a client? Like you are less likely go be infected during the first 60 minutes than you are in minutes 61 through 90? Unless the third half hour is spent differently than the first two, I don't see how a 90 minute session would bring more risk than a 60 minute one.

I understanding limiting the number of clients to minimize risk, but minimizing the amount of time spent with a client? Like you are less likely go be infected during the first 60 minutes than you are in minutes 61 through 90? Unless the third half hour is spent differently than the first two, I don't see how a 90 minute session would bring more risk than a 60 minute one.

because viral load is a factor in whether you develop the illness. The longer your are in the room together, the more particles you are inhaling.

I'm a masseur...and while I do offer longer sessions, I also completely understand those who don't. I can't speak for the masseur that you were trying to hire, but it may be that he simply doesn't have the energy or stamina to do sessions that are longer than an hour at a time. Good massages are extremely physical, and not everyone has the energy for extended sessions.

Edited by Storm4U

I'm a masseur...and while I do offer longer sessions, I also understand those who don't. I can't speak for the masseur that you were trying to hire, but it may be that he simply doesn't have the energy or stamina to do sessions that are longer than an hour at a time. Good massages are extremely physical, and not everyone has the stamina for extended sessions.

I agree with you 100%.... I myself offer 30mins to 2hrs sessions...

I rarely have sessions less than 90 minutes so I always ask upfront “do you have a 90 minute routine”? There’s nothing worse than being

on the table and you realize that you probably have about 45 minutes left of your 90 - and they’re out of moves.

Been there a few times. I have been told “no” a number of times to 90 minutes. One masseur told me it was too exhausting for him. Another said yes but only if I book in advance so he can leave enough time to rest. I respect these responses. I have been told no to 2 hour sessions at spas. Chatting with one spa masseur, he said that many guys don’t tip proportionately more for the longer sessions and the masseur gets proportionately less from the spa on longer sessions. I sometimes book 90 minutes and if the session is stellar I will ask to extend to 2 hours and let them know that I’ll make it worth it.

Edited by EVdude