Gender reveal party fire death, charge them with manslaughter!

Otto
This topic is 1046 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Selfish assholic breeders.

A firefighter was killed battling the El Dorado fire in San Bernardino County, which has burned nearly 20,000 acres.

Few details were immediately available about the death.

“The name is being withheld pending notification of next of kin. Our deepest sympathies are with the family, friends and fellow firefighters during this time,” the U.S. Forest Service said in a statement released Friday.

The fire broke out Sept. 7 near Yucaipa. Officials said it was caused by a smoke-emittingpyrotechnic device that was part of a gender-reveal party in a park. Such devices typically shoot off blue or pink smoke to signal the gender of an expected child.

Edited by Otto

Selfish assholic breeders.

A firefighter was killed battling the El Dorado fire in San Bernardino County, which has burned nearly 20,000 acres.

Few details were immediately available about the death.

“The name is being withheld pending notification of next of kin. Our deepest sympathies are with the family, friends and fellow firefighters during this time,” the U.S. Forest Service said in a statement released Friday.

The fire broke out Sept. 7 near Yucaipa. Officials said it was caused by a smoke-emittingpyrotechnic device that was part of a gender-reveal party in a park. Such devices typically shoot off blue or pink smoke to signal the gender of an expected child.

The responsible family will likely be prosecuted, and fines, charges for fighting the fires levied against them. The dollars will be overwhelming and they will go bankrupt. It’s fair they get prosecuted.

But I take exception with “assholic breeders”. What makes you think only heterosexual couples have gender reveal parties? Couples with surrogates (gay/bi/str8/whatever) and often families of transgendered have these events as well.

This is a tragic story all around. The expectant parents are probably in shock and grieving at their own negligence at a time when they would otherwise be celebrating. There likely will be prosecution, but I don't know how severe the punishment would or should be unless it can be proven that intent to cause harm was involved. This may even be a horrible accident, though I dont know all the details of the story and I'm not sure how those machines are supposed to work. So very sad for all involved.

here's video of another gender-reveal with explosives that also started a huge fire a couple years ago in southern Arizona......the El Dorado Fire may've been started in a similar fashion.....

Wow... thats dangerous. Just tell people the gender by text or by phone - lol. It seems everything these days has to be a party. What's next, throwing a party to tell people your colonoscopy results?

But I take exception with “assholic breeders”. What makes you think only heterosexual couples have gender reveal parties? Couples with surrogates (gay/bi/str8/whatever) and often families of transgendered have these events as well.

Where did I say hetrosexual in my post?

The legal system guarantees ruin just by the way it runs. There’s the family, of course. Also the makers of the device that set off the fire, as well as distributors and vendors. And if the party was in any way managed professionally. Not to forget whoever was the responsible agent for the venue. The lawyers are licking their chops. The family’s future will be destroyed by the process itself, no matter the outcome. Doubtless the guests will not all survive scrutiny. The unborn child’s prospects are grim. How can they ever atone for the loss of a life, the loss of people’s homes, the public expense, risk, danger and destruction their careless, thoughtless self-absorption has caused? I hope they have a community of faith and support. They will need it.

Edited by BgMstr4u

Wow... thats dangerous. Just tell people the gender by text or by phone - lol. It seems everything these days has to be a party. What's next, throwing a party to tell people your colonoscopy results?

The classic version involves having guests bite into a cupcake with blue or pink filling. Sounds safer.

Whatever happened to baby showers? Millions have apparently been held with little discernible harm. I myself, cis-male as I am, once attended one and was only mildly, and fortunately not permanently, traumatized by the terminal cuteness of it all. Though I seem not to be able to put the memory of my horror at my first foray into babyland entirely aside. The funny hats were the worst of it. When did they turn into extravaganzas? Was there beer up in Yucaipa? Were there Harleys? Why the need for dangerous displays in the first place? There’s something of testosterone trespass about it all. Bring back the gathering of the sorority, the ritual enactment of feminine childbirth mysteries, the circling of womanly protective power around the mother-to-be, with the menfolk looking on in awe and exclusion. The old ways were better.

Edited by BgMstr4u

Whatever happened to baby showers? Millions have been held with little discernible harm. I myself, cis-male as I am, once attended one and was only mildly, and fortunately not permanently, traumatized by the terminal cuteness of it all. Though I seem not to be able to put the memory of my horror at my first foray into babyland entirely aside. When did they turn into extravaganzas? Was there beer? Were there Harleys? The old ways were better.

The gender reveal parties aren’t usually a replacement for baby showers. Most are held during the second trimester, when sex can be discerned on ultrasound.

the idea that everyone would care whether your baby has a penis, that the news should be framed with such drama, just like all these marriage proposals becoming polished dance productions in hope's of getting a million hits on the internet. For what?

I know, I'm starting to sound like my mom when she complains about me relying on Waze to get around LA. Well that's crazy! ?

But IMO people's priorities are seriously fucked up .

There’s something of testosterone trespass about it all. Bring back the gathering of the sorority, the ritual enactment of feminine childbirth mysteries, the circling of womanly protective power around the mother-to-be, with the menfolk looking on in awe and exclusion. The old ways were better.

That ship sailed when fathers were allowed into delivery rooms.

Of the 20 posts here so far I’d ask the posters how many of you have conceived a child, awaitied (many) medical results, then that tell all ultrasound, 9 months, birth, and raised a child? You might understand the excitement a bit more. ??‍♂️

That said there are too many parties in general! Especially wedding showers.

Of the 20 posts here so far I’d ask the posters how many of you have conceived a child, awaitied (many) medical results, then that tell all ultrasound, 9 months, birth, and raised a child? You might understand the excitement a bit more. ??‍♂️

That said there are too many parties in general! Especially wedding showers.

I don't think anyone's saying they don't understand why parents get excited about having a kid. People can be as excited about that as they want.

I'd say the discussion is more about how that excitement sometimes ends up translating into throwing a party involving explosives (and potentially fires, property damage, death) to reveal that kid's gender. One can have an opinion on that regardless of whether one is a parent.

A gender reveal party started a massive Southern California wildfire, and now Jenna Karvunidis, the woman who began the trend, is once again asking people to stop throwing these destructive parties.

“The parties, they’re ridiculous,” Karvunidis told the Daily News. “And they’re harmful to transgender and nonbinary people and anybody on the gender spectrum. It’s a harmful dichotomy.”

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-gender-reveal-party-disasters-20200913-qhhimsejr5fi5puuh4ya3yhyli-story.html