2020 US Open Tennis

WilliamM
This topic is 1190 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is the best looking player, by far.

Borna Coric

He was eliminated today, but Novak Djokovic was defaulted several days ago.

16edc442de45d3689c721c0d59670048.jpg

I can't say I'd throw Borna out of bed, but I'd really shell out the big $$$ for Novak Đoković. Borna's just OK-looking to me, nothing special. And, yes, no one needs to tell me, Novak doesn't need my $$$. It's just that when I'm comparing men, I like to put it into terms "How much would I pay for that?".

I don't watch tennis (other than the players). Are there tournaments now where the players aren't supposed to be wearing shirts? If so, maybe I'll start watching tennis again. If I were to run a tennis tournament, there would be a strict rule: NO SHIRTS ALLOWED!

19fa8068a37f1e26f95451d23929a4479a014dd4.jpg

I don't watch tennis (other than the players). Are there tournaments now where the players aren't supposed to be wearing shirts? If so, maybe I'll start watching tennis again. If I were to run a tennis tournament, there would be a strict rule: NO SHIRTS ALLOWED!

19fa8068a37f1e26f95451d23929a4479a014dd4.jpg

The pictures of Felix in just a pair of boxer briefs come from a hazing of sorts. Apparently it is a Canadian tennis tradition (don't ask me who started it or when) that all Canadian Davis Cup players have to go through a practice session in just their underwear.

At the tennis clubs I have belonged to or played at, men are never allowed to play matches without shirts. The same is true of pro tournaments, so the photos above are all from practice sessions or breaks in matches when the players are allowed to change their equipment (clothing counts as equipment). At the Indian Wells tournament, it is fun to wander around the practice courts, where I have seen many of these guys shirtless.

16edc442de45d3689c721c0d59670048.jpg

I can't say I'd throw Borna out of bed, but I'd really shell out the big $$$ for Novak Đoković. Borna's just OK-looking to me, nothing special. And, yes, no one needs to tell me, Novak doesn't need my $$$. It's just that when I'm comparing men, I like to put it into terms "How much would I pay for that?".

New York Times

Coric has a tattoo that reads "There is nothing worse I'm life than being ordinary"

he stays true to his body art. One of the best mover in the game, the young, bristle haired Croatian kept grinding and swinging. He saved six match points against Tsitipas.

…anyone remember the days when Kevin Spacey followed Andy Murray around the world to “watch him play”?…That was way before Spacey was forced out of the closet

I never knew that @Filesum! I’ve seen Kevin Spacey having dinner in swanky restaurants with a (very) young man but I did not know he had an interest In the very pale and gangly young Andy. Tell us more.