More budget hotels asking $100 deposits

This topic is 1338 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not limited to the Strip. Advertise it ahead of time, to reflect the real cost.

I’ve been looking at hotels is Los Angeles the last few days. It amazed me the number of properties listing resort fees. I know these hotels, they really don’t meet my definition of resort. Particularly when their websites list the services not available due to the pandemic including all restaurants and bars, room service, breakfast, valet parking, fitness center, executive lounge, and turn down service. Yup, sounds like a resort to me!

@Jarrod_Uncut – dem’s the rules. Don’t like ‘em, find another hotel to take your business.

You're right and I agree 100%. Which is what I've done today. Seen a hotel in my portfolio of choices that noted charging a $150 incidental. Ended getting one that didn't at all.

I really wasn't trying to make this into an argument. I thought it would just be informative for anyone traveling and needing to factor in this is their budget.

I know for me going forward, I'm just going to use my credit card that I don't use very often, and just reserve it only for hotel hold...since the credit card I had doesn't really offer tons of perks to make it for everyday use.

Problem resolved. Thanks everyone for the input though