Do I Need to Disclose My Race?

Palidod
This topic is 1394 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Obviously, there was much humor found among your group of WASPY friends regarding one member of the group who likes Asians.

And there’s the rub. The fetishizing of another, marginalized group of people for personal gain or pleasure without regard for how it impacts them coupled with the assumption that it’s okay is the very nature of racial privilege. As you say, @Monarchy79, it’s that predisposition that needs examining – particularly the view that it’s perfectly acceptable and should remain unchallenged.

You are over reacting. I should keep it simple and say my friend likes blacks. happy now?

Also there is nothing funny about liking Asians. It is funny because he likes them too much. It is a joke between friends. Forget it...

Another revelation...

It’s obvious that this core group of friends of yours includes no people of color either.... which is obviously telling, since there’s the ongoing joke about one friend liking Asians “too much”, and the other friend who can’t get enough “BBC”.... all the while you’re saying “yuck”, to both of them... because you wouldn’t dare entertain a black guy or an asian guy...

The visual is so hilariously clear, yet typical......

Edited by Monarchy79

Another revelation...

It’s obvious that this core group of friends of yours includes no people of color either.... which is obviously telling, since there’s the ongoing joke about one friend liking Asians “too much”, and the other friend who can get enough “BBC”.... all the while you’re saying “yuck”, to both of them... because you wouldn’t dare entertain a black guy or an asian guy...

P. R. I. V. I. L. E. G. E. What’s that spell? Privilege!

Another revelation...

It’s obvious that this core group of friends of yours includes no people of color either.... which is obviously telling, since there’s the ongoing joke about one friend liking Asians “too much”, and the other friend who can get enough “BBC”.... all the while you’re saying “yuck”, to both of them... because you wouldn’t dare entertain a black guy or an asian guy...

You keep distorting what I say. Actually I work a lot in Asia, so I have many Asian colleagues some of whom became friends. I spend a lot of time with them and entertaining Asian customers.

Now go ahead, I am waiting to see how you are going to distort this.

Edited by The_Impeccable_G

While you think it's overreacting, look at why this thread was started. These kinds of "preferences" have real life implications.

And you think it's just "sexual preferences" but really those "preferences" help decide your actions in your daily life from who you make friends with, who you pick to be in your group for class projects, who you sit next to on public transit, employees you choose to hire, who you grant bank loans to, neighborhoods you want to live in, etc.

THIS...

Couldn’t have stated it better...

What’s scary isn’t the sexual preferences... what’s scary is the broadening trickle-down effect of every other aspect of life that’s impacted by these “preferences”.....It makes me think of:

1). A qualified Asian man who was turned down for a job he was overqualified for, because he wasn’t a “fit”, among the majority white organization... “just a preference”

2.) The many black small businesses who can’t get start up funding because someone behind the scene as a bank, turned down their loan due to a “gut feeling”. “Just a preference”

3.) The white juror, who gave a guilty verdict to an innocent Hispanic man, with no conclusive evidence, but because of his hunch and “feelings”, about immigrants ... “just a preference”

Racial preference, bigotry, bias, and discrimination, are rarely compartmentalized.

And most white men, who say they don’t like Asians, blacks, or Hispanics sexually, typically live a Eurocentric life... their friends are white, the people they employ are white, their world is white. And it’s whitewashed with privilege and denial.

Edited by Monarchy79

You keep distorting what I say. Actually I work a lot in Asia, so I have many Asian colleagues some of whom became friends. I spend a lot of time with them and I also spend time entertaining Asian customers.

I’m not distorting this.... I’m examining it.

1.) Your Asian colleagues are not your friends. They are people whom you are pleasant, polite, and “nice” to. I’m sure they might not even know you’re gay, let alone know that you scoff are the mere idea of dating one of ....”them”... lol

2). Entertaining Asian customers is transactional, and has absolutely no relevance to this discussion.

3.) The core group of white guys, who you let your hair down with, keep it real with, and speak freely with are your friends...

And there’s nothing wrong with any of this......

Just don’t try and swerve around loosely using the word “friend”, with all of these groups of people

Edited by Monarchy79

You keep distorting what I say. Actually I work a lot in Asia, so I have many Asian colleagues some of whom became friends. I spend a lot of time with them and entertaining Asian customers.

And is your next statement going to be “One of my closest friends are black”?

????

Dude, you’re going to have to find better “racist minimizing”, cliches....

I am of an ethnicity that is generally considered less than desirable in the gay community. ...

I've hired all races. What's considered less desirable?

African?

Addis-Miller167.jpg

Southern Asia?

117a9f41d800376739648edf5442784c.jpg

How can one claim to not be racist while defining their "preferences" by race? Own it.

Well, a person can not be sexually attracted to someone and that doesn't mean he dislikes members of the group in general. I can't find any women the least bit attractive. That doesn't mean I hate women or am misogynist, or sexist or anything else except extremely gay. I have somewhat of a preference for caramel-colored skin, so I probably hire Latin men more often. I also like mixed-race. It doesn't mean I think Latin men are inherently better people. They just tend to get me off more easily and intensely. Other things get me more aroused, such as large nipples or a muscular physique. It's just a sexual preference, not something based on deep-rooted stereotypes.

Well, a person can not be sexually attracted to someone and that doesn't mean he dislikes members of the group in general. I can't find any women the least bit attractive. That doesn't mean I hate women or am misogynist, or sexist or anything else except extremely gay. I have somewhat of a preference for caramel-colored skin, so I probably hire Latin men more often. I also like mixed-race. It doesn't mean I think Latin men are inherently better people. They just tend to get me off more easily and intensely. Other things get me more aroused, such as large nipples or a muscular physique. It's just a sexual preference, not something based on deep-rooted stereotypes.

At last, a voice of reason.

Hard to imagine someone not wanting to ravage this man, but thank God not everyone has the exact same tastes, or the world would be a pretty boring place...

Addis-Miller159.jpg

I think you need to do a little more research on the topic before you continue to dangerously enable and disseminate racist ideology.

This topic is 1394 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.