RESTAURANT VISIT/s Via COVID-19

Axiom2001
This topic is 1413 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just returned home after having my breakfast at one of my favorite restaurants in Monterey, CA. ...didn't like the entire experience at all. In fact, it saddened me to the point of my almost falling apart and bursting out in a geyser of tears. The ambiance was quite quiet at this once busy and rather vibrant venue, and although the food was tasty and flavorful as in the past, my sitting alone at a table that was virtually situated in the middle of the room and having folks pass by me (masked) but not being six feet apart, unnerved me and urged my paying the bill immediately after I'd finished. ...did not see any of the former personnel either which got me thinking as well as questioning. ...will return again but for pre-ordered take out until there is some semblance of normalcy.

Last week I visited another favorite restaurant of mine in Carmel, CA. Another patron and I were the only ones in this particular area of the restaurant throughout the entire time; thus I was all right. I felt comfortable and quite relaxed. In fact, while briefly chatting with my youngish waitperson, I found out that I have been frequenting this wonderful place since its inception of some thirty years.

The only thing that baffled me was the cost; I had spent twenty-one dollars for a Cajun turkey burger accompanied by a side of a very sizeable amount of steamed broccoli and separate sauce. I had a milkshake as well to the tune of $7.00 (much too high). But, all in all, I've always liked the ambiance and some of the cute men who've been my waitpersons during the time that I have been going. Am glad that that experience did not unnerve me as the one that I had earlier today (July 6, 2020).

Increased prices in service businesses are going to be a fact of life. With capacity limits and the added expense of all the safety measures, they are going to have a substantial increase in overhead. It's just another dimension of the new normal.

I'm waiting to see what dentists are going to be charging. I don't think dental offices are open in California yet, except for emergencies. Not long ago, I had a look at the new ADA practice guidelines - the protective gear, additional procedures and reduced capacity are going to make dentistry a very expensive way to make a living.

Dental offices are open in CA for routine procedures, not just emergencies. The price my spouse and I paid for cleaning at our regular dentist, and what I paid for an exam at my periodontist last week, haven't changed...yet.

Im glad to know that.

Oh, nonsense. @Axiom2001 has been posting for decades and has never been one to get into the arguments between posters nor one to seek attention.[/quote

Dear Lucky

I have been here for decades as well, even if just posting since 2010 and I never abandoned Daddy's for the other site. So I will disagree with your odd need to defend Axiom. While Charlie is too much of a diplomat...and an "involved" party to comment....this is just one example of Axiom's childlike actions. No Red Capitals this time though. Please stop adding color that is n't necessary.

Axiom2001 said:

I'll cut to the chase! Has anyone been with www.rentmen.eu/calibadboy? Apparently, San Francisco is his current home base? Address the query only, por favor!

Charlie said:

I have never seen so many rhetorical cliches in a single ad!

Axiom:

I didn't ask about fucking cliches, I asked if anyone has engaged the services of Calibadboy. I also requested that the query be addressed, not someone's assessment of how the ad was created. I wish you and others would cease your shit!

[/url]

@KinkyNEguy

Master

Nov 10, 2018

Nov 10, 2018

Axiom. You are out of line. Considering both parties reputation, you need to apologize.

@KinkyNEguy thanks for your post. My guess is that Axiom has been posting about as long as I have. If he only gets riled once a year, that's 30 riles that you could quote. (Okay, might be 31 or 32 for me!) So I think @Axiom2001 has at least a decent track record. I don't remember him joining in when a pissing contest is going on, and I don't remember him seeking attention. The criticism above seems to me to be unwarranted. He was attacked beyond reason. For a medical doctor to "hope" that he posted under chemical substances, or otherwise he wondered how the guy can cope in society was way below the belt. And consider that Unicorn posts billions of pictures over at boytoy.com and Axiom has been one of his biggest fans. Unicorn's comment just didn't sit well with me, even though I have met him and personally like him.

None of this is to say that Axiom is perfect. Your contribution gave me more insight. But many of us don't like it when a thread is hijacked. Myself, I have learned to live with it.

@KinkyNEguy thanks for your post. My guess is that Axiom has been posting about as long as I have. If he only gets riled once a year, that's 30 riles that you could quote. (Okay, might be 31 or 32 for me!) So I think @Axiom2001 has at least a decent track record. I don't remember him joining in when a pissing contest is going on, and I don't remember him seeking attention. The criticism above seems to me to be unwarranted. He was attacked beyond reason. For a medical doctor to "hope" that he posted under chemical substances, or otherwise he wondered how the guy can cope in society was way below the belt. And consider that Unicorn posts billions of pictures over at boytoy.com and Axiom has been one of his biggest fans. Unicorn's comment just didn't sit well with me, even though I have met him and personally like him.

None of this is to say that Axiom is perfect. Your contribution gave me more insight. But many of us don't like it when a thread is hijacked. Myself, I have learned to live with it.

OK. The comment about the being under the influence may not have been warranted, but I've seen people fly off the handle when they were drunk or using, so I was truly wondering. The huge red-lettered rant seemed like something a person wouldn't do sober. Any person who gets that upset over something so minor is going to get into hot water pretty quickly if he does that in real life. That's why I hoped, for his sake, that maybe he'd just had a little too much to drink when he posted that. You honestly don't think his reaction was excessive?

Edited by Unicorn

OK. The comment about the being under the influence may not have been warranted, but I've seen people fly off the handle when they were drunk or using, so I was truly wondering. The huge red-lettered rant seemed like something a person wouldn't do sober. Any person who gets that upset over something so minor is going to get into hot water pretty quickly if he does that in real life. That's why I hoped, for his sake, that maybe he'd just had a little too much to drink when he posted that. You honestly don't think his reaction was excessive?

His reaction was different than mine would have been. But then, I have started a lot of threads and seen them go off-track. I am used to it. I don't think Axiom has started as many threads so it's still a shock for him. But thanks for acknowledging the unwarranted comment.

I have quite enjoyed the new atmosphere of restaurants, particularly less crowded. I am willing to pay more for a less crowded experience. I believe restaurants in Massachusetts have been told to keep the music/radio down so patrons aren’t talking as much, so the quieter eating experience has also been nice. I’ve eaten out several times since we’ve been allowed to, in different establishments, and everyone, staff and patrons alike, seem to be taking the precautions seriously.