Shower heads

twinkboylover28

This topic is 5323 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Whenever I travel I always bring along a spare "high-pressure" shower head. I hate low-flo shower heads found at most hotels.

Anyone else into power-blasting shower heads?

My top 3 high-pressure shower heads (after removing the water-saver) are:

1. http://www.highpressureshowerheads.com/HPSHphotosULT.htm

2. http://www.speakmancompany.com/products/detail/S-2253-AF-BP

3. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310028617470

I was also thinking about purchasing a 1940's vintage shower head (which are all high-flo) often found on ebay.

A lot of people like the "rain" shower heads, but I think those are just too weak.

Guest josephga

I love a high pressure shower head. thats what i use here at home. i like the looks of that one on ebay

My part of the country is currently experiencing severe drought conditions with restrictions on car washing & outdoor watering of plants. At one time we were down ton less than a month's supply of water in our reservoirs, etc. Many people are advocating only flushing toilets for solid waste, or at intervals. ("If it's yellow, let it mellow.")

The reality is that clean water is not an infinite resource. I confess that I haven't sacrificed showers, but I do try to make them a bit shorter, and I don't leave the water running while I shave or brush my teeth. If you stop and observe, it's amazing how much water we waste. (As is true for most things, actually).

...wow...it's pretty high up here on this soapbox ;-)

LOL I started this thread with the friendly intent on discussing the pleasures of high pressure shower heads and unfortunetly it's being *cough* "hijacked" I mean "shifted" into a politcal thread. As one of the websites points put, it is perfectly legal for the owner to remove the flow restrictor if he or she desires.

The wesbite goes on to say: A vague analogy is the infamous mattress tag - you can't sell a mattress without it (hence the "DO NOT REMOVE" text) but it's fine for the end user to remove it if they wish. Both deal with regulations - the mattress tag regarding flammability, and the flow restrictor regarding water flow.

So theoretically, a homeowner could build their own shower head out of a firehose nozzle and blast the tiles off the wall, and that would be legal. At this time there is no regulation regarding what the owner can or cannot do.

Obviously most sane people are always in favor of the wise use of limited resources, including water and believe that there are smart ways to conserve resources. The first step towards responsible usage is to eliminate waste. Think of "waste" as any use that provides little reward.

Letting the shower run for 10 minutes before getting in is an example of waste. Failing to fix a toilet that runs on is waste. Similarly, any use that is focused on impressing your neighbors is waste, if that's the only real benefit.

I dont advocate lush green lawns in the desert.

A shower head that uses 10 gallons per minute could drain an average 40 gallon water heater in four minutes. That's a fast shower.

Food for thought...

The average garden hose uses 7 to 9 gallons of water per minute...LEGAL (and lousy pressure!)

You could irrigate your lawn with 10,000 gallons of water a day...LEGAL (and expensive!!)

You could hire a plumber to build you a shower with 25 shower heads...LEGAL (and annoying!)

You could build a giant bathtub that uses 500 gallons of water...LEGAL (hire a lifeguard!)

You could build a lush golf course in the desert and use 100,000 gallons of water a day...LEGAL

Guest zipperzone

>LOL I started this thread with the friendly intent on

>discussing the pleasures of high pressure shower heads and

>unfortunetly it's being *cough* "hijacked" I mean

>"shifted" into a politcal thread.

Political? How do you figure it's getting political? Just because someone mentioned a few regulations?

Guest zipperzone

It never fails to amaze how much "stuff" some queens (no insult intended) will cart along on their travels. What ever happened to travelling light. How about the ones that will not budge from home without their personal pillow.

All this is fine if you're travelling by car. But by air??? I have visions of some dizzy cunt trying to flag a cab with all this shit strapped to the outside of their Louis Vuitton.

RE: the infamous mattress tag - but it's fine for the end user to remove it if they wish.

Shoot! Being a guy who constantly treads a straight and narrow path I have always been afraid to break any sort of law by removing them!

Now I’ll bet the same deal applies to pillows as well… who woulda thunk!? ;)

If you think queens are bad about all the "stuff" they travel with, what about the straights? The radio this morning has a news item about a vacationing family from the States who had their SUV, trailer and four snowmobiles stolen from a Hilton hotel parking lot yesterday just north of Montreal. That probably amounts to $150,000 worth of "stuff"! :o

Queens aren't the only ones: I have a female friend who brought along her own toilet seat on a trip to Asia. I bring my own pillow when I am traveling by car, because the ones supplied by hotels are usually so high and hard that I wake with a stiff neck.

Well here is my 2 cents on this "Scintillating" Subject!

Personally I prefer the "Waterfall" Type of Water Flow. Notice I say "Flow" as opposed to the "Fire Hose" Pressurized type of Head.

This type of HEAD does take a good amount of Water Flow most definitely and the little do hickey inside I quickly removed before installing. Also I made sure to invest in the Good version..Chrome and Brass BIG Wide Head!

Due mainly to the fact I donot like the feel of High Pressure to the point of Pain on my Scalp when Shampooing or other tender body parts,I will never go back to SMALL Heads with High Pressure!

Then again there are other "Small Heads" that I also find are disappointing!

;-)

Guest msclonly

Don't forget to take a wrench to change the shower head.

Then don't forget to remove your treasured head before you check out.

I would be more impressed, if you traveled with a European low flo shower head like I use at home. If you use soap and a scrub brush of some kind, you don't need all that pressure to remove the dirt!

:+

>

>LOL I started this thread with the friendly intent on

>discussing the pleasures of high pressure shower heads and

>unfortunetly it's being *cough* "hijacked" I mean

>"shifted" into a politcal thread. As one of the

>websites points put, it is perfectly legal for the owner to

>remove the flow restrictor if he or she desires.

>

>The wesbite goes on to say: A vague analogy is the infamous

>mattress tag - you can't sell a mattress without it (hence the

>"DO NOT REMOVE" text) but it's fine for the end user

>to remove it if they wish. Both deal with regulations - the

>mattress tag regarding flammability, and the flow restrictor

>regarding water flow.

>

>So theoretically, a homeowner could build their own shower

>head out of a firehose nozzle and blast the tiles off the

>wall, and that would be legal. At this time there is no

>regulation regarding what the owner can or cannot do.

>

I don't think anyone's arguing that removing a flow restrictor is illegal. The question is whether it's necessary, desirable, or responsible.