Movie Theatres opening

RealAvalon
This topic is 1362 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

So the movie theatres are opening on Friday, with the require physical distancing of course. And all six films showing at the theatre near me come with an "extreme violence" rating. Seriously? I can go to the movies, and I don't want to.

Just re-closed here in California. Pulling back...none too soon in my opinion.

Drive-in theatres have been open for a month. In door theatres start this Friday. Only a few. Tickets bought a head of time. No line ups. Social distancing in the theatre.

You're fortunate, for there are very few to no drive-in theaters available in California. The one or two that we had in Monterey, California closed many years back.

But I do vividly recall going to the drive-in when I lived in the Middle West prior to 1966. Perhaps with COVID-19 and many venues having to close because of the lack of space-- drive-ins might resurface. Some shopping centers might be converted into drive-ins. It would be expensive though.

You're fortunate, for there are very few to no drive-in theaters available in California. The one or two that we had in Monterey, California closed many years back.

But I do vividly recall going to the drive-in when I lived in the Middle West prior to 1966. Perhaps with COVID-19 and many venues having to close because of the lack of space-- drive-ins might resurface. Some shopping centers might be converted into drive-ins. It would be expensive though.

You've just reminded me there was a plan in town to have a "pop-up" drive-in theatre as a special event in a large parking lot, using a temporary screen. I don't know the status of that special event though.

I’m a movie fanatic and before the pandemic went almost once a week. Sadly there is only one drive-in in my state and it’s a bit of a drive from where I live. I’m in movie going withdrawal and itching to see a movie on the big screen again.

I remembered going to a few drive ins as a kid and would love if they’d make a come back.

When I was a teenager I worked at the movie theater. There is no way to enforce masks and social distancing in a dark room while everyone is watching the movie. Hell you have people, myself included who do all kinds of naughty things in the dark ?. Until there is a vaccine, going to the movies is going to have to be put on hold. They should adapt to VOD to at least turn a profit. Mulan and Wonder Woman 84 have already finished their ad campaigns and the movie leaks have already happened. The longer they wait, people will forget about it. Imagine if the movie is terrible....all that waiting for waste of time.

When I was a teenager I worked at the movie theater. There is no way to enforce masks and social distancing in a dark room while everyone is watching the movie. Hell you have people, myself included who do all kinds of naughty things in the dark ?. Until there is a vaccine, going to the movies is going to have to be put on hold. They should adapt to VOD to at least turn a profit. Mulan and Wonder Woman 84 have already finished their ad campaigns and the movie leaks have already happened. The longer they wait, people will forget about it. Imagine if the movie is terrible....all that waiting for waste of time.

Mulan and Wonder Woman 84 have already finished their ad campaigns and the movie leaks have already happened.

Tangent – very, very disappointing that Mulan isn’t including the musical score from the animated version. That alone is enough to make me put seeing it on hold...