Chelsea Men's Spa in NYC

wDarling

13 hours ago, HornieMikey said:

Seems all above positive reviews are from chelsea  29th men spa masseurs themselves. Next time please post review if really worth.  It is not only waste of money but time as well.

Thanks @HornieMikey for joining the Forum so you could share your experience at Chelsea Men as your first post. As for your second post on the same topic, I’ll take some umbrage as I was one of several positive reviews. I assure you that I do not work for  Chelsea Men. I’m sorry you had a bad experience. Shit happens. Sometimes it’s a bad day for a masseur, sometimes it's a matter of differing likes and tastes. Indeed some posts in the forum can be by masseurs masking as clients to boost themselves and their spa. As well, some posts can be by masseurs looking to trash a competing spa. As for me, as anyone can see from my history, I’ve been a participating member here for a long time. I stand by my review here and will be back. We look forward to you establishing your own history across a multitude of masseurs and spas.

Edited by EVdude

On 11/15/2022 at 9:01 PM, HornieMikey said:

Seems all above positive reviews are from chelsea  29th men spa masseurs themselves. Next time please post review if really worth.  It is not only waste of money but time as well.

On 11/16/2022 at 7:37 AM, EVdude said:

Thanks @HornieMikey for joining the Forum so you could share your experience at Chelsea Men as your first post. As for your second post on the same topic, I’ll take some umbrage as I was one of several positive reviews. I assure you that I do not work for  Chelsea Men. I’m sorry you had a bad experience. Shit happens. Sometimes it’s a bad day for a masseur, sometimes it's a matter of differing likes and tastes. Indeed some posts in the forum can be by masseurs masking as clients to boost themselves and their spa. As well, some posts can be by masseurs looking to trash a competing spa. As for me, as anyone can see from my history, I’ve been a participating member here for a long time. I stand by my review here and will be back. We look forward to you establishing your own history across a multitude of masseurs and spas.

Well said, EVdude. I also left a positive review of the spa but anyone can look at my history on this board and see that I post on a variety of spas. I have continued to have great experiences with Allen, but as with any masseur, he may not be for everyone. I was able to try Daniel and Chris, and I found that they were not a good match for me so Allen will be my "go to" guy there. And as EVdude mentioned, once HornieMikey establishes himself with a track record, maybe his post(s) will carry some weight. 

so why do they always wear mask? Allen had mask on during entire session. I frankly could never see his face. I asked many times him to remove mask, he said no.  And massage was real just basic. I could not see any good element.  I felt anyone can do that kind of massage.  And if someone has mask on, then how does it matter 80 yr old one  doing massage or 20 yr one as you never get connected. His hands touch was like a robot was doing massage.

15 hours ago, HornieMikey said:

so why do they always wear mask? 

And do you also try to get guys who insist on using condoms to disregard their health and forego the condom with you? If you really have to ask why someone wears a mask in this line of work, you are seriously delusional.

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/2022 at 9:12 AM, JUWS said:

yes it is a generally a table that you lay on and the masseur will wash and scrub you down with soap, salts etc and rinse you off. I have also been to places where it is like a tub, but not deep, and does indeed have a drain. You decide if you want to do it before or after your massage. Very refreshing, but of course an additional cost. Give it a try and see if it's for you 😁

I guess you could ask for a golden shower on the table shower, no?

• 3 months later...

Saw a guy named Rodrigo at Chelsea Men Spa on 29th. Cute Blatino guy (tall, a little husky). Massage was pretty good, but toward the end he gave me an option on type of massage and told me how much to pay the guy at reception and how much to give to him. Basically ended up upcharging me. 🙄🙄🙄

I would have repeated with him and I give a good tip, but now don’t plan on repeating with him at all. It was my first time at this spa and first time I’ve ever had a masseur talk pricing/tips with me.

(I just did the Math and he would have gotten more money from me just from two visits based on what I would have tipped, than what he got from discussing prices on this one visit that will never be repeated… Not smart…)

Edited by wDarling

8 hours ago, wDarling said:

Saw a guy named Rodrigo at Chelsea Men Spa on 29th. Cute Blatino guy (tall, a little husky). Massage was pretty good, but toward the end he gave me an option on type of massage and told me how much to pay the guy at reception and how much to give to him. Basically ended up upcharging me. 🙄🙄🙄

I would have repeated with him and I give a good tip, but now don’t plan on repeating with him at all. It was my first time at this spa and first time I’ve ever had a masseur talk pricing/tips with me.

(I just did the Math and he would have gotten more money from me just from two visits based on what I would have tipped, than what he got from discussing prices on this one visit that will never be repeated… Not smart…)

Sorry to hear this for you and EVdude too... can't believe he also told you at the end how much to pay reception, so does that mean reception is trying to  rip you off too? Because that should have all been handled before with reception, unless you increased the time of course. But still, wow.  Places, and masseurs, like this will find out that they will not survive for long with that kind of behavior, which is their loss! 

On 4/6/2023 at 8:32 AM, JUWS said:

Sorry to hear this for you and EVdude too... can't believe he also told you at the end how much to pay reception, so does that mean reception is trying to  rip you off too?

No the price he quoted me for reception was their standard $60 rate. So basically he was telling me how much to “tip” him without using the word “tip”. Pretty sneaky. 

On 4/5/2023 at 10:44 PM, wDarling said:

It may be just me, but he had no idea how much, if at all you were going to give him for things most would consider “extra”. I’m sure there are plenty masseurs there that go the extra mile only to get the standard $60 and nothing else. I don’t see the harm here in what he did, but it’s clear we have differing opinions on the matter. 

On 11/11/2022 at 8:55 PM, urbanfetish said:

I believe you are confusing 24 Chelsea Men's Spa (24th St btwn 9th and 10th Ave) with Chelsea Men's Spa (29th St bwtn 6th and 7th Ave). Nelson works at 24CMS but this thread is about CMS. 

Is one of these run by Jimmy who used to run TS I think? Actually who runs both of them anyone know? Thanks

Edited by JUWS