Am I now a sex worker?

m4same
This topic is 1515 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A friend had surgery and is home recovering for a couple months. He has a specific sock fetish. As a favor, I sent him photos in the kind of socks and in a pose that excite him. Also, a guy at the gym asked if he could photograph my bare feet. I let him. Am I now a sex worker (though I didn't get paid?) What are your personal boundaries regarding kinks that you don't share but don't make you feel violated?

There's the old definition that you're a professional if you're getting paid, an amateur if you're not. But that's not exactly what you're asking :-)

You must have nice feet. My family's cursed with bad feet, my sisters & I used to tease my dad about his toes when we were kids, and now we have all grown up to have those toes. I attended an informal group massage training with some friends, and they made me go get a pedicure. At the spa, the woman took one look at my heels and said softly "Oh my God". That poor woman was sweating by the time she was done, I tipped well.

Unfortunately, pedicures are not considered a reason for nail salons to stay open as an essential business. One can only get one from a podiatrist. One of my neighbors found a podiatrist available to do one for her the other day.

Why is that unfortunate? Whole Foods here in Philadelphia has greatly reduced staff: no more coffee bars, lunch opportunities, just essential services. The Barnes Foundation and Philadelphia Museum of Art are closed, of course. There's a pandemic on now.

No more presidential primaries, doctors and hospitals are overwhelmed. New Orleans could run out of ventilators by April 1.

@Charlie, I realize you weren't serious.

Edited by WilliamM

Why is that unfortunate? Whole Foods here in Philadelphia has greatly reduced staff: no more coffee bars, lunch opportunities, just essential services. The Barnes Foundation and Philadelphia Museum of Art is closed, of course. There's a pandemic on now.

No more presidential primaries, doctors and hospitals are overwhelmed. New Orleans could run out of ventilators by April 1.

@Charlie, I realize you weren't serious.

Actually, I was somewhat serious. Many elderly people in particular cannot groom their own feet, and need to go to nail salons to get their toenails cut. Leaving one's feet ungroomed for a couple of months is not healthy. Making an appointment with a medical professional for that kind of procedure seems inefficient.

There's the old definition that you're a professional if you're getting paid, an amateur if you're not. But that's not exactly what you're asking :)

You must have nice feet. My family's cursed with bad feet, my sisters & I used to tease my dad about his toes when we were kids, and now we have all grown up to have those toes. I attended an informal group massage training with some friends, and they made me go get a pedicure. At the spa, the woman took one look at my heels and said softly "Oh my God". That poor woman was sweating by the time she was done, I tipped well.

I've never had a manicure or a pedicure. To me, feet are feet. I have really high arches. I guess that may be desirable? I don't really know.

Feet are the one fetish I just can’t relate to. Although for a while my hands trembled so bad from the side effects of a medication that I had to get pedicures which I enjoyed much more than I expected. Go figure.

ps. Stopped the medication but not the pedicures.

I don't share the fetish but I'm glad someone finds one of my body parts attractive. And I like to please people.