What's happening in Las Vegas with COVID-19

EZEtoGRU
This topic is 1511 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CCDC) reported a death rate of 14.8 percent for patients over 80 years old and 8 percent for patients in their 70s. It dropped to 3.6 percent for people in their 60s and 1.3 percent for the 50-59 age group. Fortunately, the death rate for everyone under the age of 49 was below 0.5 percent — so clearly, age is one of the most major factors to consider. -- RT

With the death rate for people below 50 being similar to the seasonal flu, why are they trying to quarantine the WHOLE population? In the US, people above 50 account for about 20% of the population!

Instead of LOCKING EVERYBODY UP (and destroying the economy at the same time), the government needs to ROUND UP the GEEZERS and quarantine THEM instead. But THEY WON'T and I'll tell you why. The ones above 50 have the voting rate of 90%. Any politician dare to suggest quarantining them WILL BE VOTED OUT at the next election.

We're witnessing the destructive power of COWARDICE... Not of a novel virus!

I'm stunned by how many are dismissing the potential of this pandemic on the basis of these early numbers, which are being suppressed by the lag in testing. Their flippant perception of the potential spread and death rate of this virus is a foolish choice, as this virus is just getting under way.

WOW! This is CRAZY to actually SEE the #'s laid out like this – and now I think the media has overblown this a little.

Again, the danger is how many of those cases that live will turn out to be deaths once supplies for medical intervention are no longer available?

I agree though...world is ending panic? No.

Cause for dire concern and immediate action? Yes.

The Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CCDC) reported a death rate of 14.8 percent for patients over 80 years old and 8 percent for patients in their 70s. It dropped to 3.6 percent for people in their 60s and 1.3 percent for the 50-59 age group. Fortunately, the death rate for everyone under the age of 49 was below 0.5 percent — so clearly, age is one of the most major factors to consider. -- RT

With the death rate for people below 50 being similar to the seasonal flu, why are they trying to quarantine the WHOLE population? In the US, people above 50 account for about 20% of the population!

Instead of LOCKING EVERYBODY UP (and destroying the economy at the same time), the government needs to ROUND UP the GEEZERS and quarantine THEM instead. But THEY WON'T and I'll tell you why. The ones above 50 have the voting rate of 90%. Any politician dare to suggest quarantining them WILL BE VOTED OUT at the next election.

We're witnessing the destructive power of COWARDICE... Not of a novel virus!

I am no doctor but the way I interpreted the reasoning behind this is that just because it doesn't affect young(er) people to the same extent as it does to old(er) people, you (as a younger person) may experience symptoms anywhere from medium to mild to virtually nothing (not to mention the possibility of a lengthy incubation period during which you can contract others just as easily); it is the fact of how highly contagious it is - combined with a relatively high mortality rate for the population in general - and if let's say all 50 years old and younger can roam around free, they will still meet elderly people whom they can easily contract the virus to and cause serious medical conditions as well as deaths to them. That is how I interpreted it based on everything I know about this.

I would also advise you to look at the statistics in Italy by age group:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1103023/coronavirus-cases-distribution-by-age-group-italy/

It is also very interesting, but let's hope this will come through and we won't have to hide anymore:

https://techcrunch.com/2020/03/19/french-study-finds-anti-malarial-and-antibiotic-combo-could-reduce-covid-19-duration/

America it's time to take this very seriously.

Posted by someone who loves your country very much but is seeing what it can do in Europe.

(English novelist Rose Tremain said, “Life is not a dress rehearsal.” It’s a great reminder that in the grander scheme of things, there are no second chances and we only get one shot at it. We only have a limited period of time on this planet and we’re not practicing for something else).

I'm sort of wondering if it would have been better to keep all the college kids on campus, let it burn out among them, and THEN send them home immune and unable to spread it. The professors could have lectured remotely to avoid contact. We may have made things worse by sending infected people who were least likely to have problems but still likely to get it back to their parents and grandparents who were more susceptible.

My state, California, in a shelter in place at home mandate. I still see on social media a lot of folk doing their group stuff together .. not maintaining the 6 ft. It’s maddening how they don’t seem to take this seriously.. our governor predicts up to almost 60% of the state population of 40+million will get infected.. granted a lot will be mild cases like we have seen but also if 4% die as in the rest of the world that’s 1m in California alone.

My state, California, in a shelter in place at home mandate. I still see on social media a lot of folk doing their group stuff together .. not maintaining the 6 ft. It’s maddening how they don’t seem to take this seriously.. our governor predicts up to almost 60% of the state population of 40+million will get infected.. granted a lot will be mild cases like we have seen but also if 4% die as in the rest of the world that’s 1m in California alone.

People also can't cover up when coughing either...in Boston before I left back home to vegas, in a Dunkin donuts this guy, waiting for his order with dining chairs and tables already taped off, had the audacity to cough several times with making any effort to cover his mouth with anything!?‍♂️

Not to be mean but being born and raised in the COMMIE WORLD, I know a whole lot of their TACTICS.

Here's what to expect from the CHICOMS

* FAKE the eradication of the CHINESE FLU in China.

* Back it up with these MEANINGLESS good-will gestures

* WAIT for the rest of the World to reach the "peak of the curve"

* Start a media blitz about how the CHINESE FLU is really from the West and the Chinese people are the real VICTIMS

How is this meaningless? The Europe lacks the critical medical equipment. These donations can save real human life.

Regardless what your view of China or communism, Chinese people are the victims. First, victims of an unknown disease with no cure resulting in thousands of death. Then, the the increasing racist hate crimes against Asians.

As of this time it is now 217 deaths out of 14,366 cases means it is only at a 1.5% mortality rate and the global avg. is 3.4%90071375_6162160671655_6949189147135311872_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=67cdda&_nc_ohc=PQLZIkSvhSAAX9No3zK&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=f208c2c805fcac93129fb1838bf9fd0d&oe=5E982A31

deadliestpandemics-infographic-12.jpg

This is an very nice graphical snapshot, but you can’t just compare the size of the balls! (anyone on this site should know better than that...)

You are comparing events that went on for several years with no medical treatment to outbreaks that have occurred “recently” and can now be treated with meds (like HIV/AIDS) but how long did that take for treatment to be developed.

To anyone who is thinking this is overblown, I have received emails from client’s and friends in Italy and China. They can not believe the photos from the US of people out and about, especially on the beaches of Florida. They tell me it is hell on earth with all the death and suffering. They have stated the best thing for us to do now is stay isolated and keep a safe social distance.

These are people I have known for years, they are really scared. Out of concern, they have reached out to warn me.

As I pass this along to all of you, to help in making decisions, don’t make light of this, especially at this time, the situation can change rapidly, just look at Italy.

Be safe.

How is this meaningless?

How about STOP SPREADING THE VIRUS in the FIRST PLACE? Imagine being STABBED by a lunatic and then on your hands and knees thanking that lunatic for throwing a bandaid at you. Thanks but NO THANKS!