Quarantine?

g56whiz
This topic is 1526 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Rules and procedures are changing constantly. Has anyone been thru it? I’ll be returning to the US thru Narita Japan in 2 weeks. I’ve not been to China or South Korea. If I get stopped, what can I expect (other than an extended case of blue balls).

Well after a multitude of 90+ minute dropped calls, we got thru to United (at around 2 hours 25 minutes) and will fly out tomorrow at 8 am. Of course the couldn’t get us thru to our final destination because connecting flights out of Dallas are booked for days so we’re going from KL to Narita to Dulles then San Antonio. We’ll have to rent a car for the last 160 miles. Wish us luck. Oh and we have only about 90 minutes to clear immigration and customs and health check before dealing again with TSA to get the last flight out of Dulles to SA. A quarantine could almost be restful. Wish us luck.

After I posted an ABC video on COVID-19 earlier, in which Dr Norman Swan clarified the difference between quarantine and isolation (or self-isolation) I looked it up.

Fun fact: The word quarantine derives from the original period of restraint that was applied to ships and people, which was 40 days. Quarante is 40.

Well after a multitude of 90+ minute dropped calls, we got thru to United (at around 2 hours 25 minutes) and will fly out tomorrow at 8 am. Of course the couldn’t get us thru to our final destination because connecting flights out of Dallas are booked for days so we’re going from KL to Narita to Dulles then San Antonio. We’ll have to rent a car for the last 160 miles. Wish us luck. Oh and we have only about 90 minutes to clear immigration and customs and health check before dealing again with TSA to get the last flight out of Dulles to SA. A quarantine could almost be restful. Wish us luck.

:eek: The hardest part will be at Dulles, where the absolute minimum amount of time to clear customs and immigration seems to be thirty minutes after you de-plane. Try to get as much sleep as possible on the flight from Narita to prepare yourself. Good luck!!

:eek: The hardest part will be at Dulles, where the absolute minimum amount of time to clear customs and immigration seems to be thirty minutes after you de-plane. Try to get as much sleep as possible on the flight from Narita to prepare yourself. Good luck!!

Thnx

After I posted an ABC video on COVID-19 earlier, in which Dr Norman Swan clarified the difference between quarantine and isolation (or self-isolation) I looked it up.

Fun fact: The word quarantine derives from the original period of restraint that was applied to ships and people, which was 40 days. Quarante is 40.

Star Trek reference! In Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, Valeris (Kim Cattrall!) has a speech about workers threatened by automation throwing their wooden shoes, called "sabot", into the machines to jam them. Hence the word "sabotage".

Well . .

Dulles Airport like Narita was almost empty. Sped through Immigration and Customs. Almost more agents than travelers. Flight from Narita was maybe a quarter full. A weird trip.