Vintage men

6 hours ago, Whitman said:

Jean Ferrero, born in 1931 (although some sources say 1928/29), based in Nice, France, is an art collector, art dealer, gallerist and - mostly during the 1960s - physique photographer.

This link will give you more information about him, describing him as a sort of central figure in the art world around Nice:

Artcurial | Press Release: The Jean Ferrero Collection | 1.04.2015

In the photograph (circa 1960) posted by @Danny-Darko, Ferrero is the man in the dark shirt and shorts. The others (notable physique models all) are (l. to r.) Christian Ferrand, John Tristan and Bud Lanter.

I think few of us would have had difficulty figuring out which man was Ferrero and which were his "friends."

1 hour ago, Danny-Darko said:

No idea, that is just what the post stated when I found it. 

I wonder if someone found the photo, saw a note on it that said "Wellesley House party," meaning a party at the fashionable Wellesley House apartment building on Sloane Square in London, and misunderstood it.

2 hours ago, Charlie said:

I wonder if someone found the photo, saw a note on it that said "Wellesley House party," meaning a party at the fashionable Wellesley House apartment building on Sloane Square in London, and misunderstood it.

Possibly? I was wondering if there was a Wellesley neighborhood in and around the Woman's College you referred to? So I google mapped it and it seems to be the case. 

10 minutes ago, Danny-Darko said:

Possibly? I was wondering if there was a Wellesley neighborhood in and around the Woman's College you referred to? So I google mapped it and it seems to be the case. 

Yours is a more likely scenario, since Wellesley is a town as well as the name of the college, i.e., a "house party" in the town of Wellesley, MA.

Edited by Charlie

57 minutes ago, mike carey said:

I wonder which of these gentlemen is Mr E. I mean everyone has heard of Sweet Mr E of Life, so it would be nice to see what he looked like.

I gave a HaHa emoji to this because there is none of the more appropriate Groan emoji. Kudos for clever!