DC Forum Gathering- Mid Atlantic Leather Weekend- January 19, 2020

ArVaGuy
This topic is 1577 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

You are probably a bit short there, but in my estimate I was including a tip, which, considering the passenger, would not have been forthcoming, so I may have been a bit over. The Price Is Right rules state you win because you were the closer without going over. .

Lol, I should retire gracefully from the field of play!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your patience regarding this confirmation email for the MAL 2020 weekend plans. I’ve been on very heavy travel, got sick, and had a project to meltdown recently and that has caused a delay in getting this information to you in a more timely manner.

im getting details out today. sorry for this being later than intended.

I’ve sent PM messages and an email to all who indicated interest in the gathering. I don’t have everyones email so please send it if you haven’t already. The gathering is going to be smaller than last year as weather and member availability have had an impact on attending.

Clearly I should have driven home from the airport after Aotearoa, changed my clothes and jumped on an aeroplane to go to Washington and ....

Nah, that wouldn't have worked. But. Guys. Have a great meeting in DC this weekend, don't do anything I wouldn't do (and as you don't know what I would do, that means do whatever you like).

An standing ovation to @ArVaGuy . I will be in the brunch and I am keeping that afternoon free to hang out in the lobby as we did last year.

I will not join the field trip to Secrets on Sunday. I would be committing suicide by boredom.

Instead, on Saturday I will be attending Meatloaf at Stadium DC. It is 5 to 10, I will be there probably from 7.

Tickets:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-mega-mlk-appreciation-meatloaf-free-all-night-this-sat-at-stadium-tickets-89610895601

My reports:

https://ilikepinga.com/2018/11/25/meatloaf-thanksgiving/

https://ilikepinga.com/2018/10/29/meatloaf-stadium-dc/

Thanks for the great weekend in DC to ArVaGuy for planning. I enjoyed hanging at the IML hotel where men were men and leather was aplenty. A nice dinner at an Italian Restaurant and a brief stop at a local gay bar which was flooded with bachelorettes in shiny tops and screeching voices, was probably not the best choice but we quickly hit the exit to go to Secrets. We arrived early and were able to search out a perch to view most of the going ons and the going offs. We were right near the shower which turned out to be key location. The were at least 5 or 6 dancers of the buff and bulky type which are my preference and there seemed to be a flavor for every taste. While rules of the club do not allow touching from the waist to the knees, this was fine for me. I like the allure of being close but not actually touching. The luncheon the next day at Annies had a small group of eight or nine. This was fewer than in past years but the conversation flowed smoothly and I enjoyed the food and the company. All the others in attendance seemed to be enjoying themselves as well.

If this is the last of these parties, it has been a good run. ArVa will not be available to host next year, so if there is a DC denizen or another person who would like to continue this tradition, that would be lovely. Again, thank to ArVa for his work this year and in the past.

I’d like to thank everyone who made the effort to attend this year’s Forum gathering at MAL. Especially @sam.fitzpatrick and @purplekow who traveled from their respective states to participate. Special thanks to @VictorPowers for making it to the Hyatt Sunday afternoon despite a logistical issue. Victor, you looked hot in that singlet ????.

The brunch was a smaller group than in recent years similar to the first year when there was only about six people. Our group may have been smaller but the conversation was lively and dynamic. Sharing experiences and having a few laughs is what these events are all about. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves.

As PK alluded, I will not be hosting in 2021 due to the Inauguration. It’s my practice to leave town that week due to the security issues. Regardless if the incumbent is re-elected or not there will be a serious lockdown and I just don’t plan to deal with any of it. A warm and sunny resort as far away from DC as possible will be my plan.

The dates for MAL 2021 will be January 22-25 following the Inauguration. If anyone wants to pick up the ball and run with organizing I will be happy to offer perspectives.

Thanks