Back in the saddle again!

This topic is 1666 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

On Saturday, I hired again for the first time since I found out my beau was the gallivanter. I had a great time. This morning he texted me and asked if I'd like to go to dinner. I took him to a Michelin 1* place, and he then offered me a freebie. He said I had the "perfect cock." I may have a task ahead of me when I get home, but at least he gave this rooster something to crow about. After feeling in the dumps, I've now got a big smile on my face!

tenor.png

On Saturday, I hired again for the first time since I found out my beau was the gallivanter. I had a great time. This morning he texted me and asked if I'd like to go to dinner. I took him to a Michelin 1* place, and he then offered me a freebie. He said I had the "perfect cock." I may have a task ahead of me when I get home, but at least he gave this rooster something to crow about. After feeling in the dumps, I've now got a big smile on my face!

tenor.png

Welcome back!

This probably is unwelcome advice, but if you want to be valued for yourself and not your money, your relationships should not be structured around impressing people with what you and your money can do for them. That's fine if what you want is fun and sex with an attractive guy. It is way too instrumental an approach if you also want romance and a long-term committed relationship. And expecting that level of sincerity from a much younger hunk is unrealistic and asking to be bamboozled.

I agree with you, QTR. My problem is that I just don't get excited by almost any men my age (unfortunately, there aren't a lot of men like Tom Cruise). Even if my relationships are temporary, I enjoy them while they last. I was extremely kind to all of my men. I showed them nothing but kindness and honesty. All I asked for in return was some kindness and honesty. I realize I set myself up for getting taken advantage of. I'm not going in with blinders. If I find I'm being lied to and bamboozled, I can let go. I have a lot of love to give someone who just shows me respect and honesty. I was ready to marry the man (with a prenup, of course). We were on a flight from Kauai back to the SF Bay Area on Alaska Airlines. When the flight attendant announced they had a first class seat for sale (I had been upgraded, and he not), I ran out of the plane to get it for him. I always asked what he wanted, and did everything I could to make him happy and successful. I never lied to him once. He had everything he needed. He's now getting an economics degree, with straight A's (if he's telling me the truth, that is), with my support 100%. I'm pretty philosophical about it. I know I'm a good person.

I agree with you, QTR. My problem is that I just don't get excited by almost any men my age (unfortunately, there aren't a lot of men like Tom Cruise). Even if my relationships are temporary, I enjoy them while they last. I was extremely kind to all of my men. I showed them nothing but kindness and honesty. All I asked for in return was some kindness and honesty. I realize I set myself up for getting taken advantage of. I'm not going in with blinders. If I find I'm being lied to and bamboozled, I can let go. I have a lot of love to give someone who just shows me respect and honesty. I was ready to marry the man (with a prenup, of course). We were on a flight from Kauai back to the SF Bay Area on Alaska Airlines. When the flight attendant announced they had a first class seat for sale (I had been upgraded, and he not), I ran out of the plane to get it for him. I always asked what he wanted, and did everything I could to make him happy and successful. I never lied to him once. He had everything he needed. He's now getting an economics degree, with straight A's (if he's telling me the truth, that is), with my support 100%. I'm pretty philosophical about it. I know I'm a good person.

I’m sure he’s already missing you and regretting it from the personal and financial point of view. I wonder how much he made hosting at your place? Certainly marrying you and being in your will would have been better in the a long-term?

Edited by marylander1940

Woah, woah, woah. You initially took the upgrade and left him in coach?

Hell, that's grounds for a divorce right there ;)

All right, wise guy. He wasn't eligible. Both of us flew 1st class from the onset on the way over.

This probably is unwelcome advice, but if you want to be valued for yourself and not your money, your relationships should not be structured around impressing people with what you and your money can do for them...

By the way, why do you assume that the only thing I offer these young men is money and what I can do for them? I do think that I'm more than a sack of money. For your information, he came 90% of the time we had sex (as did I, 90% of the time we had sex). When either of us didn't, it was probably because there was some alcohol on board. I also feel I'm fairly cultured and have a lot of other things to offer.

By the way, why do you assume that the only thing I offer these young men is money and what I can do for them? I do think that I'm more than a sack of money. For your information, he came 90% of the time we had sex (as did I, 90% of the time we had sex). When either of us didn't, it was probably because there was some alcohol on board. I also feel I'm fairly cultured and have a lot of other things to offer.

Well considering divorce is at 50% I think- marraige is a crapshoot anyways.