Random random

loremipsum

Side note: He and his parents lived in a “ghetto.” Until those classes I don’t think I was aware of the term originally referring to living quarters for Jews during the Holocaust.

You'll be amazed how many Americans aren't aware of that either. Even Jewish folks ignore it. I had to tell the younger members of my family about the racism we Irish Americans suffered and some were in disbelief. We were called the N word, so did Italians, Polish, etc.

When President Coolidge said "America must remain American" we was talking about us.

The KKK was very powerful in Maine not because of blacks that "needed to be kept in place" but because of Irish Catholics from Boston and specially the fear of Quebecois invading from the north to destroy protestant democracy.

Terrorism is not new in our country, Anarchists practiced it in the late XIX and early XX century. Most of them were Jews, Eastern European, and Italians and their communities were instrumental in pointing out the bad apples. Sound familiar!

History rimes!

Yes that's true but was no excuse for things like "Do blacks in Jamaica blame slavery for all their problems like some do on here?".

Sometimes political incorrectness is a way to feel powerful just by typing and pissing off others.

That also applies to some conservatives on here.

I wonder if Avalon has difficulty with filters; he reminds me of a middle schooler who would blurt first and then, sometimes, apologize later. I offer that as an explanation rather than an excuse. Seventh graders don't always know better, but adults usually do, so the lack of discretion often becomes a major concern.

Edited by Kufrol

1. Joseph Stalin was an accomplished piano player.

2. The predecessor of modern day playing cards did not contain any royal cards - just a one card, now an ace, and 2-10.

3. Cats are more intelligent than dogs as measured by the the surface area of brain contours relative to mass.

At least one of these statements is fabricated.

You'll be amazed how many Americans aren't aware of that either. Even Jewish folks ignore it. I had to tell the younger members of my family about the racism we Irish Americans suffered and some were in disbelief. We were called the N word, so did Italians, Polish, etc.

When President Coolidge said "America must remain American" we was talking about us.

The KKK was very powerful in Maine not because of blacks that "needed to be kept in place" but because of Irish Catholics from Boston and specially the fear of Quebecois invading from the north to destroy protestant democracy.

Terrorism is not new in our country, Anarchists practiced it in the late XIX and early XX century. Most of them were Jews, Eastern European, and Italians and their communities were instrumental in pointing out the bad apples. Sound familiar!

History rimes!

An old friend & I went to see the movie "Milk", talking about it afterwards she said she'd had no idea gays faced such discrimination.

Did the parents have time to deal with the police and their son's death?

Firstly, I remembered wrong: The boy was 11, not 12. His name was Jerzy Feliks Urman and his diary when published was titled I’m Not Even a Grown-Up. The police robbed them before leaving. I don’t see how the parents could have possibly dealt with their son’s death. I don’t know how they could even live with themselves given the knowledge that they were culpable for his untimely demise, since the father was the one who procured cyanide for all of them to take.

Firstly, I remembered wrong: The boy was 11, not 12. His name was Jerzy Feliks Urman and his diary when published was titled I’m Not Even a Grown-Up. The police robbed them before leaving. I don’t see how the parents could have possibly dealt with their son’s death. I don’t know how they could even live with themselves given the knowledge that they were culpable for his untimely demise, since the father was the one who procured cyanide for all of them to take.

What? Why do you believe the parents are responsible rather than the police?

An old friend & I went to see the movie "Milk", talking about it afterwards she said she'd had no idea gays faced such discrimination.

I first watched Milk with a girlfriend of mine. In the scene where Sean Penn first meets James Franco and asks to spend time together, she said, “That’s forward...” I’m like... That’s nothing.

They are the ones who got the cyanide. They made a pact, that included their eleven-year-old child, to all commit suicide. How are they not responsible?

You expect them to commit kill themselves after the police left? Is what the son would want?

That's the problem with this thread. Serious issues are difficult to discuss here. In these kind of threads, the original poster always dominants. See the other site.

You expect them to commit kill themselves after the police left? Is what the son would want?

That's the problem with this thread. Serious issues are difficult to discuss here. In these kind of threads, the original poster always dominants. See the other site.

Yes these are vanity projects. However, if you feel something is worth further discussion, a new thread for that topic is always an option. Otherwise this is a home for stray thoughts.

My expecting them or not expecting them to follow suit is completely peripheral to their culpability for the kid’s death. They procured the cyanide and made it available to their son. I certainly don’t think that I’ll always dominate in this thread (assuming that it continues). To be the one to originate a thread does not the dominant one in said thread make.

They are the ones who got the cyanide. They made a pact, that included their eleven-year-old child, to all commit suicide. How are they not responsible?

Again, would their son want his parents to kill them? Did he take the cyanide too quickly? Is there more information that other people here may not know to understand why you are so certain?

Again, would their son want his parents to kill them? Did he take the cyanide too quickly? Is there more information that other people here may not know to understand why you are so certain?

1) probably not, 2) I do not know, and 3) no.

Again, and I say this respectfully and recognize that you have every right to have your own opinion, but you’re quoting my response from 3:33PM, to which you already responded. You’re conveniently neglecting to answer the one to which you should be responding (it’s directly above your latest response, in case you missed it):

My expecting them or not expecting them to follow suit is completely peripheral to their culpability for the kid’s death. They procured the cyanide and made it available to their son. I certainly don’t think that I’ll always dominate in this thread (assuming that it continues). To be the one to originate a thread does not the dominant one in said thread make.

1) probably not, 2) I do not know, and 3) no.

Again, and I say this respectfully and recognize that you have every right to have your own opinion, but you’re quoting my response from 3:33PM, to which you already responded. You’re conveniently neglecting to answer the one to which you should be responding (it’s directly above your latest response, in case you missed it):

I am not conveniently neglecting one of your posts - an accusation I have never made to anyone on this site.

I am not conveniently neglecting one of your posts - an accusation I have never made to anyone on this site.

I am sorry if I offended you. Frankly, I’m just a little dumbfounded.

This entire contretemps was born of your tacit dubiousness as to whether the boy’s parents were responsible for his death. Whether or not I believe that the boy would have wished his parents to perish with him, as you have now twice asked me, is immaterial. This all began with your questions: “What? Why do you believe the parents are responsible rather than the police?” My answer has not changed:

They procured the cyanide and made it available to their son.

I have often stated that my criteria are: Short, Muscular, & Latino... I'm still waiting for the line to form. Now if Armond Rizzo tries to get in line, he'll immediately go to the front of the line.

He'll turn 30 next July and will fall just outside my no children rules. I don't do 20 somethings; Too hard to change their diapers, and I'm not willing to show them how to do certain things.;)

You my young stud will have at least 2 of the three in a few years, so pick your spot in the line :rolleyes:

I love how the bios of some Grindr guys address a certain subset/group of gays and add “to the front of line.” As if there’s really a line of people waiting to get into their pants.