Siegfried and Roy

deej
This topic is 6122 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

are coming out of the closet in an upcoming book.

I'm SHOCKED I tell ya, SHOCKED!

not

Next you'll tell me the Paul Lynde was a poofter.

(For the sarcasm-impaired, yes my toung is firmly planted in my cheek.)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I apologise for getting away from Deej's original post--so I'll comment on that first and then continue with the tangents---they are more interesting, to me anyway:

Siegfried and Roy: Yawn. So they are coming out, or someone is writing about them as a couple---should we celebrate, commiserate, congratulate, copulate, congregate, capitulate, contemplate, conjugate or what? Don't want to start a debate about "outing" or whether should be "out" or not. I think we've had that discussion here before so now to the tangents---

Mao Zedong versus Mao Tse-tung. The Chinese introduced the phonetic spelling of Chinese names maybe 20+ years ago to help non-Chinese speakers. I use phonetic here, but I'm not sure if that's the correct word--perhaps someone who is more versed in linguistics can help.

As far as tsetse---don't know if the poster was being sarcastic or not---but tsetse flies are found in tropical Africa, and I believe the name tsetse comes from one of the ethnic languages---not sure which. If I can find out, I'll post it.

Loved the zipper post :))))

I thought Siegfried and Roy were notorious for training and lovingly caressing their pussies. I knew they were gay but just assumed them to be lesbians.

As for Rick dripping with sarcasm, everytime I see him he winds up dripping with something, but never sarcasm.

>everytime I see him he

>winds up dripping with something

Blame it on Old (Young) Faithful. }(

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c8/Old_Faithful_Geyser,_Calistoga,_California.jpg/450px-Old_Faithful_Geyser,_Calistoga,_California.jpg

(I hope I didn't break any rules of confidentiality by posting this photo of you!) :p

>>everytime I see him he

>>winds up dripping with something

>

>Blame it on Old (Young) Faithful. }(

>

>http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c8/Old_Faithful_Geyser,_Calistoga,_California.jpg/450px-Old_Faithful_Geyser,_Calistoga,_California.jpg

>

>(I hope I didn't break any rules of confidentiality by posting

>this photo of you!) :p

Frankly I think it sells me a little bit short. But, no confidentiality problems.

I have never seen a purplekow;

I never hope to see one;

I can tell you anyhow;

I'd rather see than be one

Help there is a purplekow in my mirror

> I knew they were gay but just assumed them to be lesbians.

No, no.

When asked during an interview, one of them blurted out "We're not gay! We're GERMAN!"

Hey, I won't even TRY to understand -- much less explain -- the weirdness. ;-)

Oh, ick, Samai! Your saying "yawn" for some reason put my teeth on edge, the way I want to smack somebody when they say "whatever" to me when what they really mean is "you might as well shut up I've quit listening to you." How about recognizing them as a role model for gay marriages that want to stay together, what, oh, probably about 20 years or so? I don't remember the last time that anyone hijacked a thread and then had the temerity to say baldly that their hijack was more interesting than the original thread, anyway! LOL

>are coming out of the closet in an upcoming book.

>

>I'm SHOCKED I tell ya, SHOCKED!

On a serious note, I just wanted to say that, IMO, whenever anyone has the courage and balls to come out (and it doesn't matter how rich and powerful you are, or how "obvious" it is to the rest of us...just look at Merv Griffin), it should be a cause for celebration, not jaded derision. Two more guys have come out and there are two more positive role models in the world. I hate the word "awesome" but that's what it is. :)

ok here is the story as i know it, told by chorus boys in the show. sig and roy, were lovers, then broke up, they still lived together for "the act" they stoped living together when sig got his own house built, then the big night. sig is now the care give for roy, o give me a break.

they are role models, no.

is their a story to be told yes, but will we read the full story, time will tell.

their spot light got turned off, and now they live in the chill of a life that was all show biz.

You are right, to a point, Rick. And I do congratulate them.

But I'm not ready to have a parade for them.

They're coming out in a book to be released EXACTLY at the same time an unflattering unauthorized biography is coming out. It's spin control, not Kumbayah.

(Pssst ... they went to Brazil to have sex with younger men. Allegedly. SHOCKING! ;-))

I DO NOT want to send a message to young stars of stage, film and music that they should wait until their careers are over to come out because then they'll get a parade.

I don't think that's the vibe we want or need. Let's have the parade when they're still working.

Archived