My wife

Cbrannan1
This topic is 1733 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

As a pediatrician I would comment that wife/mom is also stressed and issues like this need to be dealt with carefully to avoid complete blow up.

Dad - speak to your pediatrician about ways both of you can take the pressure off.

Get some sex as soon as permitted by mom's obstetrician.

If mom is breastfeeding - OFFER to give the baby a bottle (of breastmilk) so mom can rest at night/any other time - in other words, help mom. When mom sees he is trying, she should be happier.

NB - Who knows? Check the review section here. :eek:

Every child added to the mix is a challenge, but if this is your first, it's especially confusing and anxiety-inducing. With my first one, we were surrounded by family members (mother-in-law, particularly). That had good and bad sides to it. I dealt with the stress by working, but if the baby is less than a week, hopefully you're still home. If you really want to lay off the beer, maybe find something that feels normal from before the baby and do that. The gym is an excellent release. If you don't have that at your disposal and you're feeling edgy, I'd find a good counselor to talk to. Parenthood is no joke and adjusting all elements to the new normal is work. Very hard work sometimes. Hopefully you'll find the joy in it all very soon and can focus on the amazing little life you have created. It's a wonderful time of bonding that I would give anything to have again. In fact, I have three because I missed the baby stage so much when the first two were older. Hang in there...it gets better.