Would you eat at a roller coaster restaurant?

This topic is 1753 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Just a gimmick

How different is it from eating at the sushi boats or conveyer belts? Some now include robots.

People like novelties. If it enhances the experience... why not?

Teenage friends and I got a kick out of a local diner where we ordered our meals from a phone at the table.

Robots deliver room service now... people are more inclined to order for the novelty

Automats are making a comeback

Would I be influenced by one of the depicted roller coaster spots? I would not. But I'm considering the following for Vegas next month

Edited by LaffingBear

I didn't watch all of the clips, but from what I saw it seems like a downgrade in customer experience for the diner but potential upgrade for the restaurant owner: The customers have to do more work for themselves (and hopefully don't get charged a "service fee" or mandatory tip as a result), and the business owner just needs to buy and maintain the machinery instead of paying people. I don't mind ordering food and picking it up at a counter at a casual restaurant, but if I'm at a traditional restaurant I don't really want to have to serve myself.

My brother, sister-in-law, their kids, and I used to go to a choo-choo train sushi restaurant. (The kids we little when we started going, so "choo-choo" stuck). We ate there for years until the food quality went downhill and the novelty of the train was not enough to bring us in.

I'm going to be in Vienna (briefly) next month, and will try to see if I can make it here. Sounds like fun?

http://www.rollercoaster.rest/?lang=en

This might be the only thing keeping us from checking our iPhones while socializing at the restaurant. It might also be useful for folks to do squats reaching out for food and lifting their asses from the chair.