Submissive vs active vs dominant

KeepItReal
This topic is 1795 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Yes, I am speaking about my favorite kind of guy - the one that takes the bottom bunk. When reviewing some of the hiring sites, a lot of guys are advertising as "submissive bottoms" nowadays. Hardly any "active bottoms" which is more my things.

When I think "submissive" bottom, the image that comes to mind is a guy that just lies there meekly or only acts when asked. Personally, I really enjoy spending time with a guy that is an active partner in the bedroom. Tell me what feels good or if you need a position change, for pity's sake! Of course "ferocious bottoms" or "dominant bottoms" may be taking things too far in the opposite direction... (Yes, I am picky AF)

Am I being unfair to subs? Do I misinterpret the concept?

Edited by KeepItReal

"active" and "passive" are the European terms for "top" and "bottom." I think you are looking for a "power bottom."

I am certainly not using "active" and "passive" in that context! Have not seen many ads where the provider identifies as a "power bottom". I've heard the phrase, of course...

or you could just talk about what you each like and don't like.........

Because of my interpretation of the meaning behind submissive, I usually don't reach out or communicate with those providers to begin with. Are you suggesting that I am misinterpreting the meaning of submissive and not giving them a fair shake?

Yeah, I don't think "submissive" bottom necessarily means "passive" bottom - you know, someone who lays there face down / ass up and doesn't do much else. Submissive guys are usually pretty eager to please a man, so they'll put in the work for you if you want - without being too aggressive about it.

I don't think you're giving them a fair shake. :)

Because of my interpretation of the meaning behind submissive, I usually don't reach out or communicate with those providers to begin with. Are you suggesting that I am misinterpreting the meaning of submissive and not giving them a fair shake?

I'm only saying that honest communication about what you like and don't like is important for both of you to have a good time.....you indicate that you're "picky AF".....if you find a provider who simply claims to be a "bottom" or "submissive", delve further during pre-meet chatter and make sure they will also accommodate your desire that they be more active (not in the Euro sense, of course!), energetic, communicative, verbal, go-for-it......(i.e. not just lay there)

this really shouldn't be that complicated......