Greatest Opening Credits Ever?

azdr0710
This topic is 1817 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'd like to post this in The Lounge so more not-so-highbrow folks like me will see it, but I fear it'd get moved over here anyway.......I still remember being f-ing blown away as a kid in 1978 when we went to see this and I witnessed these opening credits.........the now-legendary John Williams music and heavy percussion, the blue swooshes, and the big screen combined to make opening credits which many feel have never been equaled to this day......

important: go full screen and crank that volume....if available, use headphones.....even then, our little laptop/desktop screens won't match the thrill of the big screen at a 1978 first-time viewing

Edited by azdr0710

I have mixed emotions about David Lynch but always liked the opening to Mulholland Drive.

The opening includes clues about what's to come, what's going on in this mysterious movie.

The movie is a surrealist dreamscape in the form of a Hollywood film noir, and the less sense it makes, the more we can't stop watching it.

~Roger Ebert

I have mixed emotions about David Lynch but always liked the opening to Mulholland Drive.

The opening includes clues about what's to come, what's going on in this mysterious movie.

The movie is a surrealist dreamscape in the form of a Hollywood film noir, and the less sense it makes, the more we can't stop watching it.

~Roger Ebert

I'd like to post this in The Lounge so more not-so-highbrow folks like me will see it, but I fear it'd get moved over here anyway.......I still remember being f-ing blown away as a kid in 1978 when we went to see this and I witnessed these opening credits.........the now-legendary John Williams music and heavy percussion, the blue swooshes, and the big screen combined to make opening credits which many feel have never been equaled to this day......

important: go full screen and crank that volume....if available, use headphones.....even then, our little laptop/desktop screens won't match the thrill of the big screen at a 1978 first-time viewing

Margot Kidder (Lois Lane), who died recently, is famous in Canada for dating the Prime Minister, Pierre Elliot Trudeau (he also dated Barbra Streisand and others), after divorcing Margaret Trudeau. Margaret Trudeau has a one woman show currently in Chicago, about surviving mental health issues. I know … I digressed

Edited by RealAvalon

~Roger Ebert

I saw Mulholland Drive at the Castro in San Francisco with Ann Miller in the audience. She talked and answered questions after the film. This was several years after the release.

I saw Mulholland Drive at the Castro in San Francisco with Ann Miller in the audience. She talked and answered questions after the film. This was several years after the release.
How awesome! I would love to have been there. She was great in that movie. Chad Everett was good too. Had a good scene with Naomi Watts.

Love the trailer.