CANCELED - 2020 Palm Springs Weekend! #17

Oliver
This topic is 1514 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Now that the event has been officially cancelled, I sent an email to the manager at INNdulge to request a cancellation and to plead a credit for the 2-days paid deposit. Hopefully I will get a similar answer like the one @sf westcoaster received...

Hopefully they will be smart and issue you the refund of the 2-days deposit. They should figure out that if they do you probably will go there next year and pay them for the entire stay. If they are assholes let them know that Hacienda is right around the corner and you plan to spend all four days there.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully they will be smart and issue you the refund of the 2-days deposit. They should figure out that if they do you probably will go there next year and pay them for the entire stay. If they are assholes let them know that Hacienda is right around the corner and you plan to spend all four days there.

I'll leave the threat of taking my business elsewhere as a last resort... First I am trying to get a sense of their quality in customer service and will emphasize that I would be a good returning customer... Cheers!

Thanks Oliver. This had been becoming increasingly likely over recent weeks, and I thought inevitable for a few days now. I see above that Palm Springs, like some other areas in the country, has imposed shelter-in-place rules. (In this country, we haven't gone that far, and the states, not local governments, hold this authority. They have been coordinating their arrangements through regular conference calls between the PM and the state and territory premiers and chief ministers.)

Australia and New Zealand have both followed the lead of Canada, and in the last hour announced that the borders will be closed inbound to all other than Australian and New Zealand citizens and residents respectively. We live in interesting times.

I look forward to the end of this, and to some catch up travel, and ultimately to the 2021 event. Stay safe, all.

I just threw in the towel and cancelled my flight on Alaska and my reservation at Inndulge. Did both on line. AA will not issue a refund since I purchased a discounted non-changeable, non-refundable ticket. However, they will issue me a travel credit for what I paid to be used before February 2021. I am good with that. Haven't heard back yet from Inndulge. Maybe they will see fit to do the same thing.

Wrote to Oliver to cancel. Killed me to have to do it. I live outside of Seattle, the epicenter of this outbreak. I do not generally consider myself old and decrepit, but several friends have been kind enough to point out that I am. Will be staying home from work starting today.

AA apparently did the same for me, or so I think. I paid with Wells Fargo credit card points and canceled through Wells Fargo last week. I got an email today that my travel plans had changed. I called Wells Fargo to find out what that meant. It didn't mean the reservation (for a flight tomorrow) was canceled, so hopefully they canceled today.

If you are cancelling a reservation at INNdulge the front desk does not have authority to offer any credit for future booking. You need to talk to the manager or email him at INNdulgeManager@gmail.com. Apparently credits are being handled on a case by case basis.

I emailed the Manager and was offered credit for a future stay in the form of "free days" depending on the season. I'm satisfied with their offer. I also let them know that I have been a past guest of their establishment. Just be nice, factual and polite. They are trying there best to be fair without refunding cash. I certainly understand the difficulty they must be facing as well.

I emailed the Manager and was offered credit for a future stay in the form of "free days" depending on the season. I'm satisfied with their offer. I also let them know that I have been a past guest of their establishment. Just be nice, factual and polite. They are trying there best to be fair without refunding cash. I certainly understand the difficulty they must be facing as well.

Today I got a similar response. I am going to take up their offer. I just need to figure out the best time to do it before the end of the year. The response I received was great and attests to their excellent customer service. Happy as a clam in high water! :)

I’m about to contact the InnDulge management to cancel my reservation. What have they been offering in terms of a credit? I was thinking about rebooking for October but not sure that’s practical.

Anyone just rebooking for same week next year?

Just heard back from Inndulge. I paid 2 nights deposit for a 4 night stay. They are issuing me a credit for 2 nights during off season, or 1 night during peak season. Good enough.

If you are cancelling a reservation at INNdulge the front desk does not have authority to offer any credit for future booking. You need to talk to the manager or email him at INNdulgeManager@gmail.com. Apparently credits are being handled on a case by case basis.

Best option offered is for the June, July, August, or December time frame. Second best option is for Sept, Oct, Nov, or over a holiday period. It will depend on your original reservation. Some people reserved the minimum of 4 days, others reserved a whole week.

Also, I don't think you can reserve for same week next year because is still more than a year away. However, if that works let us know. I'm going to see if I can use the credits for the second week in December. Hope all goes well with your request.

Cheers!

I am sorry to hear this has been canceled but I’m not terribly surprised either. See y’all in 2021 or sooner in your respective cities ?

If you've made reservations on Airbnb, be sure to check the cancellation policy.

I recently canceled an AirBnB 24 hours in advance in Ireland. I received 100% Refund. Dates/Locations I’m sure make a difference in their policy but it appears adjustments have been made.

I see Santiago Resort is still beckoning visitors today with new posts on their Facebook page. Is that kind of odd?

I’ve received several hotel marketing emails for “hot dates“ in March and April. These are dates with low business the hotel is trying to fill offering special rates and concessions. My assumption here is that the automated marketing bots are sending these messages because no one has deactivated the program. That‘s because the hotels have furloughed or laid off 95 percent of staff.

I am realizing that at the present time, I have no trips to look forward to! I haven't contacted Inndulge yet; I think I am hoping that in a month the situation will subside and we can start resuming normal activities; in that event, I'd go and work on my photography for the weekend

I am realizing that at the present time, I have no trips to look forward to! I haven't contacted Inndulge yet; I think I am hoping that in a month the situation will subside and we can start resuming normal activities; in that event, I'd go and work on my photography for the weekend

In a month we will hopefully be seeing the curve beginning to peak, except in parts of the country that continue to ignore the public health risks now. California will likely be in a shelter in place order for at least 2 weeks and possibly 4. If that happens and the shelter in place is lifted, the social distancing orders will still be in affect restricting travel and forbidding group gatherings. Once it becomes clear parts of the country are seeing case loads begin to flatten, I won't be surprised to see them try to restrict travel from places that have been ignoring the risks to minimize transmission.

In a month we will hopefully be seeing the curve beginning to peak, except in parts of the country that continue to ignore the public health risks now. California will likely be in a shelter in place order for at least 2 weeks and possibly 4. If that happens and the shelter in place is lifted, the social distancing orders will still be in affect restricting travel and forbidding group gatherings. Once it becomes clear parts of the country are seeing case loads begin to flatten, I won't be surprised to see them try to restrict travel from places that have been ignoring the risks to minimize transmission.

I imagine that states will forbid travel between themselves when they make the decision to shelter themselves in place. I do not know if state officials know that once there is a peak that parts of the country "that continue to ignore the public health risks now" will simply not reinfect the states that had become a shelter in place. Of course, we do not know whether people can be reinfected.

Unfortunately, if air travel is restricted, it’s going to have to be an all or nothing proposition. Airlines have hubs connecting people from various states, or may be located in a restricted states. Also, crew members are a mobile workforce, and often live in other states, and commute to work via plane. I hope, hope it doesn’t happen as it’s bad already with the reduced flights. A complete shutdown will put millions of people out of work, employees and all the other associated jobs. Think about how many people you encounter when you travel by air that don’t work for an airline.

Edited by bashful

I imagine that states will forbid travel between themselves when they make the decision to shelter themselves in place. I do not know if state officials know that once there is a peak that parts of the country "that continue to ignore the public health risks now" will simply not reinfect the states that had become a shelter in place. Of course, we do not know whether people can be reinfected.

Oh, I didn't say it would be successful. But, the whole point of shelter in place orders are to protect the vulnerable and slow the spread among the roughly 70% who are ultimately going to recover well after they get it. We want that natural immunity to build in the population so that transmission becomes more difficult over time. Ultimately, it's "controlled exposure of the population" so critical care doesn't overwhelm the healthcare system. It seems like it might be good at mutating though, as RNA viruses tend to be, so the reinfection question is completely up in the air. Just as the "seasonality" question is too. Ultimately, we are in the life-and-death marathon and the finish line is a vaccine and treatment in about 18-24 months.