CANCELED - 2020 Palm Springs Weekend! #17

Oliver
This topic is 1514 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Has Palm Springs degreed a limit on the size of gatherings?

The California Department of Public Health recommendations mass gatherings larger than 250 be postponed or cancelled. See link below for real information from the state without a media filter.

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/nCOV2019.aspx

I have business in LA later this year, conference for 500, and we’re using the CDPH site plus CDC and WHO for real time facts in our decision making process.

I‘m waiting until April 1 to make a decision on final attendance for the PS event.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wondering if INNdulge would make any accommodations in terms of cancellations/refunds if airlines/airports are not functioning next month? What's your advice gents?

Good question, but I'm resigned to forfeiting my deposit. If anyone has a different experience with INNDulge, I'd like to hear about it. I plan to see if I can hand my reservation over to someone else, but not yet. That assumes my option of attending is foreclosed. To be clear, I'm not all that concerned about the idea of travelling or of the meeting itself, I am concerned about the fortnight of being locked down when I return home.

I'm wondering if INNdulge would make any accommodations in terms of cancellations/refunds if airlines/airports are not functioning next month? What's your advice gents?

Alternatively, I could drive... I've done it recently. However, I am checking the news day by day to accept the possibility of not attending.

The Saquaro Palm Springs announced revised cancellation policies for reservations through April 30. https://thesaguaro.com/palm-springs/covid-19/

I'm hoping other hotels follow their lead. I'm taking a wait and see approach and reassess based on current facts.

Good question, but I'm resigned to forfeiting my deposit. If anyone has a different experience with INNDulge, I'd like to hear about it. I plan to see if I can hand my reservation over to someone else, but not yet. That assumes my option of attending is foreclosed. To be clear, I'm not all that concerned about the idea of travelling or of the meeting itself, I am concerned about the fortnight of being locked down when I return home.

Hacienda has also had a 14 day policy of cancellation so anyone there has a short time. I would imagine they might reconsider if flights are being cancelled. I wonder if other resorts such as the Inndulge will do the same or already has a 14 day policy.

I received this from the Inndulge last year when I stayed there. I’m not sure if their policy has changed or not from last year.

RECEIVED IN MARCH OF 2019

According to the email I received from Inndulge and I quote:

Guarantee: Forty-five (45)days prior to arrival date a non-refundable deposit equal to half your stay (room and tax) will be charged to your credit card.

Cancellation Policy: Cancellation must be received at least 45days prior to arrival date. Reservations cancelled less than 45days prior to arrival date will forfeit all deposits made

The Hacienda recommends to consider travel insurance one could purchase with your reservation through a link on their Website.

My sense is not to expect a refund from them if a reservation is canceled after their 14/30 day deadlines.

I would definitely comply with their 14 day deadline (I believe the Weekend falls within that). I had to cancel last year and they had no problem refunding because it was within the 14 days.

The Hacienda recommends to consider travel insurance one could purchase with your reservation through a link on their Website.

My sense is not to expect a refund from them if a reservation is canceled after their 14/30 day deadlines.

Does travel insurance cover a pandemic? I’d hate to pay and then have it fall under a force majeure exception...

Does travel insurance cover a pandemic? I’d hate to pay and then have it fall under a force majeure exception...

Besides Force Majeure these type of circumstances are usually excluded from coverage flat out in the policy from the start. Trying to get travel insurance now is probably a difficult prospect at this time.

Good question. The policy details are at the link.

I would definitely comply with their 14 day deadline (I believe the Weekend falls within that). I had to cancel last year and they had no problem refunding because it was within the 14 days.

Last year, didn't the policy require 30 days notice, due to Coachella?

30 day notice required during events or holidays.

Edited by E.T.Bass

Travel insurance companies generally require that one purchase a policy within a few days of making a reservation. They won't sell you a policy close to your departure date for fairly obvious reasons. So did I get travel insurance when I booked the hotel and flight and did I pay more for a flexible airfare? Of course not. Indulge has my $500 half payment already. I will probably be out about a grand if things fall through. It is what it is.

I hear talk about interstate travel being curtailed, but so far it is just talk. I am slowly adjusting to what I see as increasingly more likely. Will probably give it until the end of the month before making a decision. I can be kinda stubborn.

I have an unwelcome question I have held off posting until now:

Can you get COVID-19 from fucking?

--Asking for a friend.

Did everyone see the pictures of American airports trying to screen people coming back from Europe? The airports were filled to capacity with people packed together like sardines. Do much for social distancing. This is insane!

Everyone is practicing social distancing here around Seattle. Not that hard since people here have been practicing social distancing for years. It's called the Seattle Chill.

Good question. The policy details are at the link.

Last year, didn't the policy require 30 days notice, due to Coachella?

30 day notice required during events or holidays.

I wrote the Hacienda when I was going to book and they told me it would be only 14 days (the Weekend was not within any event or holiday according to them). As for the plane, I booked through Expedia a while ago and bought travel insurance at the same time. I tried reading through the policy a few days ago and could not real understand it. However I am going to try again. Plus I am not sure if the federal/state governments may make some decisions as it is their policies that are making the decisions whether you can go on a plane, etc. I think that my policy allows a certain amount of time after the trip is scheduled in order to make a claim.

Did everyone see the pictures of American airports trying to screen people coming back from Europe? The airports were filled to capacity with people packed together like sardines. Do much for social distancing. This is insane!

Everyone is practicing social distancing here around Seattle. Not that hard since people here have been practicing social distancing for years. It's called the Seattle Chill.

The Governor of Illinois was on CNN talking about it. They showed hundreds of people crammed together at O'Hare, waiting for 5 hours to be processed and screened. Terrible planning.

From this administration? I'm shocked.

(The crowding was a result of the task of processing incoming passengers overwhelming the available federal customs and immigration staff, not state authorities.)

True. The Governor was not aware of the situation until he noticed pictures from OHare on Twitter. He was disappointed at lack of coordination with the Feds.

The country is rapidly shutting down. Let’s see what it is a week from now. I’m looking forward to PS weekend 2021. If Coachella is now occurring in October, perhaps it won’t be staged in April, making reservations a bit less costly?

Coachella 2021 will likely still occur in April again

The country is rapidly shutting down. Let’s see what it is a week from now. I’m looking forward to PS weekend 2021. If Coachella is now occurring in October, perhaps it won’t be staged in April, making reservations a bit less costly?