CANCELED - 2020 Palm Springs Weekend! #17

Oliver
This topic is 1515 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 Another first-timer looking forward to meeting you all - can't be April fast enough!

Don't forget you ID Badge that says Hi My Name IS PDXLeo. Actually Forum members are pretty easy to spot if you are wondering. They are the guys with the whitest legs and the drink tan over the right thumb and index finger.

when standing outside drinking beverages, one holds the glass or can in such a manner as to have the thumb, index finger and and that side of the hand exposed to the sun. If you are wearing long sleeves for example, that may be the only area to get sun and hence the drink tan. Even if you are not wearing long sleeves, that area would be exposed to more sun than other parts of the body which are not held in one position.

just another reminder that the official invitation for the 2020 forum weekend is in a separate thread started by Oliver, the host.......please read it all, then reply to Oliver whichever way is appropriate (see the invitation) if you plan to go........if this is your first time at the weekend, you may want to go thru this thread (you're reading now) to get a feel for the weekend's "vibe"........as always, ask any questions you have.......and don't forget about getting accommodations as soon as possible......many are staying at the clothing-optional InnDulge in the heart of the Warm Sands "gayborhood", where there are other choices, too......and several are staying at the less-expensive clothing-optional Canyon Club, about two miles from the Warm Sands neighborhood, but very convenient (walkable) to the Saturday dinner location......hotel rates will be pricey, as almost all Palm Springs-area accommodations are during most winter and spring weekends.....there are, of course, other mainstream motels/hotels, chain hotels, and resorts......if you don't want to rent a car, a few of the attending forum members may be able to help with rides to the planned events.......

https://m4m-forum.org/threads/attention-17th-annual-palm-springs-weekend-2020.155708/

Edited by azdr0710

just another reminder that the official invitation for the 2020 forum weekend is in a separate thread started by Oliver, the host.......please read it all, then reply to Oliver whichever way is appropriate (see the invitation) if you plan to go........if this is your first time at the weekend, you may want to go thru this thread (you're reading now) to get a feel for the weekend's "vibe"........as always, ask any questions you have.......and don't forget about getting accommodations as soon as possible......many are staying at the clothing-optional InnDulge in the heart of the Warm Sands "gayborhood", where there are other choices, too......and several are staying at the less-expensive clothing-optional Canyon Club, about two miles from the Warm Sands neighborhood, but very convenient (walkable) to the Saturday dinner location......hotel rates will be pricey, as almost all Palm Springs-area accommodations are during most winter and spring weekends.....there are, of course, other mainstream motels/hotels, chain hotels, and resorts......if you don't want to rent a car, a few of the attending forum members may be able to help with rides to the planned events.......

https://m4m-forum.org/threads/attention-17th-annual-palm-springs-weekend-2020.155708/

Good post. Covers the essentials nicely. I can't imagine anyone not enjoying the vibe. One becomes very comfortable very quickly.

Canyon Club is a little rough around the edges, but fun and very reasonable. I enjoyed staying there, mostly for the people I met. Decided to repeat my last year's stay at Inndulge. Must nicer. Good perks such as breakfast and free happy hour. Good opportunities for socializing with an interesting crowd. Only downside is it is about 2.5 times the price of Canyon Club. Either will be fun, one is more of a resort.

Now that I know this, I am very glad that I am staying at the Inndulge.... I like these kind of perks. I am an early riser and usually have a good appetite in the morning. :):cool:

Canyon Club has a free breakfast, it is just a cold breakfast with coffee. I agree though, InnDulge is more of a resort and Canyon Club is more of a last resort. But for me, it is last but not least.

I can attest to the benefits of staying at INNDulge. Not only are the facilities excellent (including the rooms, pool and hot tub) but the free breakfast is actually quite good as is the BYOB happy hour in the afternoon, It's within walking distance to the bars on Arenas and a very nice marijuana dispensary on E. Sunny Dunes. (Remember, recreational marijuana is legal in California for those who are inclined to partake.) And, unless they are no longer offering it, you get free passes to WorkOUT gym, a very nice, albeit smalll, gay gym. It's not within walking distance but is a short drive or Uber away. It's the only gym I've been to where you can work out without a shirt.

Have fun boys. Wish I could join you but I will be in the springs from 3/28 - 4/13.

hey fellas - i won't be attending the events this year - before i left last year, i booked a room at inndulge in the event i did choose to attend, and i'm going to be cancelling the reservation soon. if someone is still looking for a room, i'm happy to either advise you when i'm going to cancel so you can call and get the room, or (if possible) even transfer the reservation to your name. i'm not 100% certain but i believe i had the room from thursday april 16th, departing on tuesday the 21st - please feel free to send a DM if this is of interest to you. i'll wait until monday to cancel in the event anyone wants this, and offer it on a first-come-first-served basis!

hey fellas - i won't be attending the events this year - before i left last year, i booked a room at inndulge in the event i did choose to attend, and i'm going to be cancelling the reservation soon. if someone is still looking for a room, i'm happy to either advise you when i'm going to cancel so you can call and get the room, or (if possible) even transfer the reservation to your name. i'm not 100% certain but i believe i had the room from thursday april 16th, departing on tuesday the 21st - please feel free to send a DM if this is of interest to you. i'll wait until monday to cancel in the event anyone wants this, and offer it on a first-come-first-served basis!

drat, Eric! I was really looking forward to meeting you!