Cats 20% of Coyote Diet in LA

tassojunior
This topic is 1877 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

If coyotes eat rats we could use them in DC. Our cats are worthless raters and run in front of cars outside anyway.

‘Protect your pets’: cats make up one-fifth of coyotes’ diet in Los Angeles

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/apr/12/protect-your-pets-cats-make-up-one-fifth-of-coyotes-diet-in-los-angeles?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Edited by tassojunior

You may have already read this, but in D.C. they are now using lawyers instead of rats in experiments at the National Institutes of Health. Reasons:

1. There are more lawyers than rats in D.C.

2. Medical experimenters often get to where they personally like the rats.

3. There are some things that even a rat won't do.

If coyotes eat rats we could use them in DC. Our cats are worthless raters and run in front of cars outside anyway.

‘Protect your pets’: cats make up one-fifth of coyotes’ diet in Los Angeles

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/apr/12/protect-your-pets-cats-make-up-one-fifth-of-coyotes-diet-in-los-angeles?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Cats don't usually go after rats because they are too big.

I have friends who have lost multiple cats (and small dogs) in my area to coyotes. I adopted a kitten around Christmas time...so far she is a “house cat” but she’s frantic to get outside. ??‍♂️

Don't give into the temptation to let your cat go outside. The sure-fire way to prevent a cat from being attacked by a coyote is to keep it indoors.

Safe alternative!

floor-to-ceiling-cat-tower-700x700.jpg

I would need two of these things because BOTH of my cats would want to be on that platform in the middle of the tree at the same time. That said, I want something like that for myself.

But seriously, I found two really nice, 6' tall cat trees at Home Goods for under $75. The boys love them.

I would need two of these things because BOTH of my cats would want to be on that platform in the middle of the tree at the same time. That said, I want something like that for myself.

But seriously, I found two really nice, 6' tall cat trees at Home Goods for under $75. The boys love them.

I'm sure they'll find a civilized way to deal with it!