thumb down option : anyone else dislike it ?

Smurof
This topic is 1905 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

At times I tend to ramble, and there's a click-able image for that (usable here thus-far, LOL).

I know the thumbs down option is relatively new, but it's hurtful to see someone not like something you have to say WITHOUT responding to it, too.

Just for mentioning it, people can have a field day dis-liking everything me or anyone else ever posted as an evil prank!

Never used Facebook, eh?

Canadian, eh?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-DTY7vngfZyY/V9bLjsKMFNI/AAAAAAAACzM/uWseh7hf60wY6F1kSksMCNi49KNP7lQVACK4B/s1600/Canadian%2BHelp%2BBlog%2BBanner%2B2016-v3.jpg

Edited by Unicorn

At times I tend to ramble, and there's a click-able image for that (usable here thus-far, LOL).

I know the thumbs down option is relatively new, but it's hurtful to see someone not like something you have to say WITHOUT responding to it, too.

Just for mentioning it, people can have a field day dis-liking everything me or anyone else ever posted as an evil prank!

Thankfully, you’ll lose no “points” in real life, so everything will be okay.

This.

It's just the internet: You can't get that bent out of shape over shit you can't control.

I don't know whether the software can't be deployed without it. I've used it a few times to express extreme disapproval, but I usually also comment. I would prefer not to have it. (I am less opposed to a Disqus/Reddit style upvote/downvote system.)

Moreover, what you see as bent out of shape could be other people's disapproval and expression of their opinion, which is one of the things a forum is for. If I have to put up with racists, I definitely am not going to suppress what I think of the usefulness of new features. Management doesn't have to listen. It just has to put up with the expression of the opinion.

I can see your point of view if the icons are interpreted as absolutes. I perceive the icons as only generalities. If a respondent has a pointed disagreement with a posting, there is more likely to be a written statement of it along with or without the thumb-down icon.