“Scents”...

Mocha
This topic is 1897 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm not going to say who said what, just to avoid putting anyone on the spot. But, it's always interesting (in a rude, shameful way) when my non-chocolate friends attempt to arrange 3som or bring me along to another non-chocolate encounter request. You think when a person doesn't respond, or doesn't hit you up, that it's just that. But what if you found out behind the scenes, that it was really deeper than that?

One of my non-chocolate fuck buddies heard about a sex party (which I tend to avoid anyway unless at a paid event, due to the drugs and weirdo situations usually there). He shows me his pics, and then my pics which is the same as my avatar pic. Apparently, the guy told my friend he doesn't do my type because we have a "smell".

Now, it's nothing I haven't heard before. And I really don't get worked up over such trivial rejections. But it does show how toxic the gay mSm community can actually be, especially in small minded communities like Kansas City, which continues to prove how unsuitable this area is for personal and business growth. Went from the searing Florida frying pan, to the KC BBQ pit! Then I've been hearing people talk, like they have some kind of hang up about people from Florida (which is understandable). But talk about the pot calling the kettle "Black"! They aren't much different in mentality here either!

Anyhow, it's not even a bother to me. But is this a real thing, or people just too ignorant to realize maybe they just been hooking up with funky mother foes, and it doesn't apply to that whole ethnicity? That's why nowadays, even though I myself tend to wind up moreso with vanilla/neapolitan than chocolate (not that I don't do chocolate, but I'm more into Neapolitan or rainbow sherbet, so naturally that is going to not place a preference on any 1), I usually never make the first move or message first. I let those who are into chocolate come to me first. Too much of a chance to come across someone ignorant and intolerant. And though they may not come out and say it, its not worth my time to find out.

Edited by Mocha

It's not a weird smell, just different. And it's not altogether bad, either. It's sexy and exotic. :)

Lol, idk what this smell is. And according to the other guy, and the occasional other people who’ve said it, it supposedly is not pleasant. But I believe I know what he refers to. Thing is, not all of “us” have a “smell”, even my FB told the guy I don’t have any weird smell he spoke of.

My thing is if someone is likening that certain men smell a certain way, then it would have something to do with certain “non-specific factors” they’ve met that the ethnicity in question may possess. Maybe he met someone who was using jerry curl formula (which is generally Lye or other lesser caustic chemical) in their hair. That gives a smell. Maybe another has a lot of Curry in their diet. That can give a smell. Another may have a lot of jalapeño, habaneros, or similar in their diet. That also gives off a smell. From the skin, not just the mouth.

Thing is, not all share the same stereotypical lifestyles. I’ve been around many open and honest (aka, rude) non-chocolate friends, non have mentioned this so called smell.

But you know what else can make someone smell weird? Cigarettes. Dogs. Kitty litter boxes. Stuff that isn’t ethnic-centric. So to even make a statement like “certain types” smell bad, is always annoying to me. And I get so sick of people saying stuff like that.

Can’t name how many times I’ve been in homes where people have had 3 or 4 cats and dogs roaming to their leisure, and not being cleaned up after. Yet, they're supposed to smell okay? What’s that smell? Vinegar and Ammonia? The socks of the entire NFL roster stuffed under the bed??

Edited by Mocha

It depends. I’ve been with guys of different backgrounds and I smelled nothing. Maybe because I stick to people who like to be clean like I do. Who knows? I did met a guy who wanted to go all natural like no showering and all. Sorry, not my thing. I did used found a masseur who claimed he enjoys the experience with me. I asked him why and he was blunt about it. He said that some guys jump in his table smelling atrocious and others the opposite. They ise too much cologne that he’s trying not to gag. With me, he said it’s absolutely nothing. Even after the massage portion when we finally interact that he gets up close and we get really interactive. I can smell s slight musk from his pits though LOL

I do have one Asian friend who dislike being with white guys. He’s actually my hangout buddy when we go to gay bars. He said they have a certain smell that puts him off. He likes black guys. They’re on top of his list LOL If he does go after one he typically picks those inder 25. He claims he hasn’t developed the smell. Still scratching my head on that one.

This leads me to a question. Would you set aside your aversion to B/O if you found the guy really cute?

This is a sensitive topic and a tricky question to answer because, well: America. Racial bias. Racism.

Science shows, different nationalities smell different. Period. Our ancestors didn’t all come from the same place. Bacteria distribution in the body varies per region.

Consider things such as diet, genes, and the chemicals produced by the skin or the bacteria that lives on the skin of someone with melatonin in contrast to someone who has very little melatonin. Not the same.

To answer your question. I don’t think anyone has a “weird” smell, it is just not my smell. I do not think it is okay to say “all [insert race] people smell like..”

However, different nationalities have different sweat glands, which affects intensity of odor and volume of sweat. Google eccrine and apocrine sweat glands and who they are more common in. I know what most people are trying to communicate when they say a race smells a certain way, as there are similarities in SWEAT odor per ones race. (ANYONE who played sports in high school knows this). But people are ignorant and don’t take the things aforementioned into consideration..

..so it just comes out as “(insert race) people stink.”

Edited by hypothetically

Its true,

Different ethnicities of men have distinctive smells. Although some may use this fact as a form of racial bias, the truth is that I’ve been in many social situations with concentrated groups of men (specifically crowded nightclubs and gym locker rooms across the world) and they do smell different... the funk comes in different variations... the combination of diet, hair texture, blood type, etc. does contribute to these smells...

And yes, inappropriate stereotypes emerge from these generalizations and observations.

However, it cracks me up when someone says that another group of people smell “wierd”.

Guess what? You smell “weird”, to others too, you’re just immune to your own smells.

I'm not going to say who said what, just to avoid putting anyone on the spot. But, it's always interesting (in a rude, shameful way) when my non-chocolate friends attempt to arrange 3som or bring me along to another non-chocolate encounter request. You think when a person doesn't respond, or doesn't hit you up, that it's just that. But what if you found out behind the scenes, that it was really deeper than that?

One of my non-chocolate fuck buddies heard about a sex party (which I tend to avoid anyway unless at a paid event, due to the drugs and weirdo situations usually there). He shows me his pics, and then my pics which is the same as my avatar pic. Apparently, the guy told my friend he doesn't do my type because we have a "smell".

Now, it's nothing I haven't heard before. And I really don't get worked up over such trivial rejections. But it does show how toxic the gay mSm community can actually be, especially in small minded communities like Kansas City, which continues to prove how unsuitable this area is for personal and business growth. Went from the searing Florida frying pan, to the KC BBQ pit! Then I've been hearing people talk, like they have some kind of hang up about people from Florida (which is understandable). But talk about the pot calling the kettle "Black"! They aren't much different in mentality here either!

Anyhow, it's not even a bother to me. But is this a real thing, or people just too ignorant to realize maybe they just been hooking up with funky mother foes, and it doesn't apply to that whole ethnicity? That's why nowadays, even though I myself tend to wind up moreso with vanilla/neapolitan than chocolate (not that I don't do chocolate, but I'm more into Neapolitan or rainbow sherbet, so naturally that is going to not place a preference on any 1), I usually never make the first move or message first. I let those who are into chocolate come to me first. Too much of a chance to come across someone ignorant and intolerant. And though they may not come out and say it, its not worth my time to find out.

A very prolific comment you made sir!!! Especially regarding the stereotypes of the assumed hygiene habits of men of color.

I go toa Gym that’s primarily white and take an indoor cycling class weekly.... (I’m the only black guy there). Of course it gets sweaty and one particular guy smells terrible... although he’s friendly to me, I never use the bike beside him, but it’s not because of his B.O. it’s because once his smell starts emanating, I feel as if people are going to automatically assume it’s coming from the only black guy in the room, me....lol

(By the way, I shower right before aiming to class)

I once read a tourist's account of a trip to Japan. Whenever this tourist and his companions entered an elevator, the Japanese people would move away from them. It was later revealed that because Asians generally consume seafood, the body odor of Westerners, who consume meat products, was very noticeable and offensive to them.

I once read a tourist's account of a trip to Japan. Whenever this tourist and his companions entered an elevator, the Japanese people would move away from them. It was later revealed that because Asians generally consume seafood, the body odor of Westerners, who consume meat products, was very noticeable and offensive to them.

Also, westerner’s consumption of milk and pork, also contributes to their body odor

It also it hillarious how everyone is immune to their own ethnicity’s smell, and will

Nonchalantly say that a particular group smells bad.

You all smell bad... you just don’t notice it when it’s your group.

I former white workout buddy and I were on the treadmill and this sexy, Arab, guy was down from us, sweaty as hell and he did indeed stink (I wasn’t offended). My buddy commented on how intolerable he smelled.

I reminded him of the night before where we were at the eagle, full of shirtless, sweaty white guys, 80% of which didn’t use any deodorant and they all stank (on purpose).... he said it didn't smell that bad to him. I told him that it did and he stank too....

We cracked up laughing... ???

Just remember, you are immune to you own group’s stank.... but your own group does indeed stank.... to others...

This is a valid question and it shouldn’t be taken into the context of racism. Body smell IMO has nothing to do with race but more like your diet. Yes, one race has a much different diet from the other which could contribute to why some have a distinct smell. Sort of like your cum. It will smell and taste different depending on what you eat. Should we resort to regulating diet now so everyone will smell the same and not feel singled out?

I remember reading an article that, at least in terms of armpits, eastern Asians have the least amount of odor, and sub-Saharan Africans the most. Usually I prefer my men to clean before sex, but with my boyfriend-- I prefer that he does not shower before sex. I like the taste.

Edited by Unicorn

This is a valid question and it shouldn’t be taken into the context of racism. Body smell IMO has nothing to do with race but more like your diet. Yes, one race has a much different diet from the other which could contribute to why some have a distinct smell. Sort of like your cum. It will smell and taste different depending on what you eat. Should we resort to regulating diet now so everyone will smell the same and not feel singled out?

...you’ve missed several key points mentioned above.

I remember reading an article that, at least in terms of armpits, eastern Asians have the least amount of odor, and sub-Saharan Africans the most. Usually I prefer my men to clean before sex, but with my boyfriend-- I prefer that he does not shower before sex. I like the taste.

So you’ve just categorized ethnic groups of people, and used “statistics”, to “prove” it...

How typical... and how ethnocentric of you.. lol..

I’m almost certain that the “expert”, who created this “range”, had absolutely know acknowledgement of the “odors”, of his own ethnicity ?

I respect your comment as any commenters, but you kinda missed the big point here.

I’ve read this also. Those of African descent have larger pores and more eccrine sweat glands in contrast to Asians. East Asians have less apocrine sweat glands, meaning reduced ability to sweat or produce odor. Fascinating, right?

Guest Lonlyboy

So I have tasted the Rainbow in my sex life. From Brasil to Bangladesh from pale white boys to Golden tans.

I have never noticed a smell per say from one race to another. I have never smelt someone and said oh he smells African, Asian or Scottish.

I have been with a few guys who stunk based on their diet and you could tell. Large quantities of curry or other string spices will come out in your sweat.

I will admit for myself I have ran into more Latino guys who do not like to bathe than any other ethnic group I have been with. Not.sure why but that can lead to body odor issues. Again I have never noticed a specific race based smell even in locker rooms

This is such a touchy, delicate subject. Can one help the way one looks? It's the same.

Root cause could be diet, external applications, etc. But, it appears that there's a pattern to the smells of broad racial groups. Close eyes and you cannot say what skin color, but you can definitely discern whether the body is nubian or one of white, latin, jewish, middle eastern and the sub-continent. Sorry, zero experience with asians.

Like how someone else said, it is neither good nor bad, just different.

Definitely.

And I am pretty sure that if you put one hairy Mediterranean (like me), one African and one Asian man to heavily exercise together and sweat without showering first, the Asian will definitely be the one whose odor is the least strong.

This is an interesting topic. But yes, racial guilt issues aside (i.e. the awkwardness of admitting that it may sound racist to talk this way, even though I don't think that's so much the point), I do think there's truth in it all.

My thing, actually, is for redheads (or gingers as they are often called). I've had experiences with a few that have had this distinctive skin scent, which I find very very very sensual and alluring. A musky, almost rather "waxy" smell that I find really hot. I've had some guys tell me that it can definitely be a redhead trait, though I don't know that ALL redheads have it. Someone once also told me that he thought it was particularly so for men prone to freckled skin. I did once know a blond guy who had that same kind of scent when he got sweaty. (He was straight, and a student of mine, so way off limits. But I did take note of that scent lol.)

In terms of African-American men, I actually haven't been with all that many, but yes, I do sometimes notice a different and distinct scent there - and hey, nothing wrong with that. But I do have to say, being an armpit guy - I think I've only had one experience eating a black guy's pits - and I didn't enjoy it because the taste was actually rather bitter to me - something I hadn't experienced with other races of guys. I don't know if it was just him or if I would find that to be the case with other black men, though.