Electric Razor

rocky
This topic is 1950 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I know I brought this up before and don't want to be reprimanded, but need some help on electric razor. Might not be a big issue for some but I've always been an electric razor person. Recently I can't find a good razor. I've tried many but wanted to ask if anyone who has a heavy growth what brand would they use. Thanks..

I know I brought this up before and don't want to be reprimanded, but need some help on electric razor. Might not be a big issue for some but I've always been an electric razor person. Recently I can't find a good razor. I've tried many but wanted to ask if anyone who has a heavy growth what brand would they use. Thanks..

I've always used Norelco razors, but they've never done as close shave as a safety razor (but are far less iritating). So, I just put up with the less-than-perfect job for the 99% of the time it would be socially acceptable, and if there were some special circumstance, (like important photographs or being in a wedding party, etc.) then I'd use a safety razor *after* using the electric. Got the idea from my Dad, and that's what he did. I'm given to understand Richard Nixon did that also before anytime he went on TV; otherwise he looked like he had perpetual 5 o'clock shadow.

My Panasonic ES-LV95 actually shaves closer than a blade, although it takes a long time to do so. I use it on week-ends, or other days when I get to sleep in. I use a blade when I have to be at work in the morning, because shaving with a blade is faster.

After a lot of research, I bought the Panasonic Arc 5 (ES-LV65-S) a couple of months ago. I am very happy with it - close shave and easy maintenance. Put it in you Amazon "shopping cart" and wait until the price goes down to around $120. You don't need the charging base - it just takes up valuable bathroom real estate.