Passing of OUR good friend (Please Comment).

tristanbaldwin
This topic is 1989 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

By commenting, it’ll keep this thread near the top, where it rightfully belongs.

Many of you knew him...were fortunate to know him, and were brightened by his presence. A kind man...whose intelligence and experiences enriched all those he care across.

TravelerNorth, our friend..colleague..and mentor, passed painlessly yesterday in Amherst NY. Joseph(last name kept discrete) was truly something special. Previously married to a woman; he never once ventured into this arena until she was passed, out of respect for her. Afterwards, he began a second life...one that he didn’t regret until his passing day. As one who was enriched not just monetarily by his presence...but more so experience wise and his knowledge / thirst for travel...he will be missed.

Let us please set an empty place setting in Palm Springs this year in his memory, and in Jack Hammers; or anyone else that we may have lost along the way.

With love,

Jordan(“Tristan Baldwin”)

I am here with Mikey (Michael Wayne) and Mikey and I found out about the Traveler's last journey. He was one of the greatest men we ever knew. He was Mikey's client, but a guest in my home. Mikey seconds everything Tristan said. What a loss, what a life! He will be greatly missed. He was a man of intense Faith in God. Mikey says the worst thing about the profession is the passing of those clients who are also true friends!

Like so many others I am deeply saddened by Joseph's passing, and like posters above, I am glad to have met him, thanks to a forum function, last year in my case. It is quite appropriate that we are able to remember him here, hope that we can live lives as full as his, and honour him by enjoying the same sweet pleasures that brought him to us. It's a reminder, if one were needed of how much this forum enriches our lives as it enriched his.

So sorry to hear of his passing.

I was also privileged to meet him in Palm Springs and I spent several hours talking with him. He also was the horniest man at the event which would have been an amazing title for a man half his age. He truly loved life and even with the relatively short amount of time I spent conversing with him, it was apparent that he was living a life he enjoyed with gusto, I was planning on attending the Palm Springs event and my learning of his passing makes it a stronger resolve on my part to enjoy that event and all other aspects of my life. Tristan, I hope you are able to convey the condolences of a community that is distinctly diminished by his passing but which is grateful for his guiding presence,

I'm so sorry to hear this and I know Rob will be devastated as well. Our conversations with him during the weekends were incredibly enjoyable and he will be sorely missed. If there is any comforting thought, it is that he got a second chance to live the life he wanted and grabbed it with both hands. Our thoughts go out to his family and to you Jordan, you two shared a special bond.

Thank you for sharing, TB. I am saddened that this gentleman and inspirational figure has passed from our community. He will be missed by us all. My lasting memory is the two of you walking away after the Sunday night dinner, and thinking to myself "how lovely and sweet that is to see." My sympathies to all who loved this fine and gentle man.

I'm so sorry to hear of Joe's passing. I always enjoyed chatting with him during the Palm Springs weekends. He was always nice to Wayne and me, which we both appreciated. He will truly be missed. It won't be the same in Palm Springs without him next year, but we will definitely raise a glass in his honor.

Rob

Edited by Robster

God bless your soul Joe.

I second Tristan's comments. Joe was a sweet and devoted man. I loved his stories about and devotion to his deceased wife, who he stood with through cancer. I loved his devotion to his parents, his brother who passed before him, his big family. I loved his devotion to our family, and to the sweethearts of our community, like Tristan, who he loved. I loved his devotion to knowledge. I loved his hunger for travel and adventure. He was a wicked smart man with a deep sense of decency and humility. He was an inspiration.

He made our community a better place.

I'll miss you Joe.

Edited by stevenkesslar