Smoothie Making Will Never Be The Same

rvwnsd
This topic is 1858 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

So I broke down and bought the top-of-the-line Vitamix yesterday. When I opened the box here is what was staring at me:

tumblr_pi5y8coK3w1uz2jaso1_400.png

Turns out the Vitamix is NOT a sex toy. This accessory is called a "tamper" and it is used to shove food back down toward the blade.

However, if you are a Grace and Frankie fan and whipped up a batch of yam lube, you might be able to use this attachment for a purpose other than that for which it was intended.

And this is the Genuity Black Rocket. Some of you avid TV watchers back around the turn of the current century may remember the very stupidly enigmatic commercials that featured this. It was never quite clear exactly what this thing was supposed to do, lol.

blackrocket.gif

The pointy end with the horizontal bars would smart on the way in and out.

It was from WS...15% off if I signed up for the emailing list...I don’t sign up for emailing lists

Well, I got the sign-up bonus when I bought my Breville Smart Oven Pro, which is another kitchen expenditure that I am VERY happy to have made.

• 4 months later...

Vitamix redux. Is everyone still happy with their Vitamix? Using it regularly? Does anyone use the heat feature to make blended soup, etc? @BnaC @rvwnsd ?

I’m in the market for a new blender to replace aging cuisinart brand. Mainly makes smoothies but use it for some cooking too....frankly I like my mini food processor better for cooking part, but it’s not good for smoothies.

So I broke down and bought the top-of-the-line Vitamix yesterday. When I opened the box here is what was staring at me:

tumblr_pi5y8coK3w1uz2jaso1_400.png

Turns out the Vitamix is NOT a sex toy. This accessory is called a "tamper" and it is used to shove food back down toward the blade.

However, if you are a Grace and Frankie fan and whipped up a batch of yam lube, you might be able to use this attachment for a purpose other than that for which it was intended.

tenor.gif?itemid=10625116

This aren't sex toys either but some discovered a new use for them....

my-new-favorite-gif-not-sure-how-to-use-it-yet-but-it-is-a-must-use-13875.gif

DistantFlippantIsabellinewheatear-small.gif

I can warn everyone the Ninja Amazon is always pushing dirt cheap is crap. Hard to clean, no blade at bottom, and not super powerful. I went back to my old Cuisinart blender/processor. More powerful, glass tank, pulse works good instead of plunger. (When I need a plunger I use a Nikkoman soy bottle.)

Vitamix redux. Is everyone still happy with their Vitamix? Using it regularly? Does anyone use the heat feature to make blended soup, etc? @BnaC @rvwnsd ?

I’m in the market for a new blender to replace aging cuisinart brand. Mainly makes smoothies but use it for some cooking too....frankly I like my mini food processor better for cooking part, but it’s not good for smoothies.

Yes, I do still love mine.

Love my Vitamix - it is a plant-based diet game changer

Kitchen appliance that gets the most use, by far

Indeed. I’ve had my Vitamix 5200 for 15 years, still runs good as new.

Someone mentioned heat setting? Silly upselling by company. ANY Vitamix will heat contents if run on high for 2 minutes