Overnight Bus Hotel

Avalon
This topic is 2024 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long is the flight from LAX to SFO? Is it expensive?

How long does it take to drive between LA and SF?

It’s a short flight but add the time TSA wants you at the airport ahead of time and the time it takes to get out at the other end and it blows much of a day.

The drive is about 6-7 hours depending on when you leave and traffic conditions. I’d drive it every time if I can go during the day and enjoy the scenic coast.

It’s a short flight but add the time TSA wants you at the airport ahead of time and the time it takes to get out at the other end and it blows much of a day.

The drive is about 6-7 hours depending on when you leave and traffic conditions. I’d drive it every time if I can go during the day and enjoy the scenic coast.

Enjoying the scenic coast adds 3 - 4 hours to the trip. On I-5, it is possible to do it in 5 - 6 hours because there are long stretches of highway where people drive at 80-90 mph.

Meh, 685km is perfectly clear.

My father fought in the Philippines in WWII where the signs were in kilometers. He joked saying they'd be marching along and see a sign that said the next village was so many kilometers away. He didn't know if it were around the next bend in the road or a suburb of Tokyo. :p

There was a plan decades ago for the US to go metric. I learned the metric system in grade school. Our teachers said it was important to learn because the US would be going metric in 10 years. Never happened, obviously.

All I know without looking it up is that a meter is about a yard.