This gay couple’s mindblowing first dance at their wedding

TruHart1
This topic is 2020 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

By Bil Browning on Thursday, November 1, 2018 for LGBTQ NATION:

Noah and PJ are married now, but they shocked their wedding guests when it was time to take the floor for the traditional “first dance” as a couple.

What they didn’t tell celebrants was that they had a surprise in store – complete with a smorgasbord of gay anthems and an ending that brought down the house.

The two start out with a traditional slow dance to Morgana King’s “It’s A Quiet Thing,” and then… magic happens.

“We seriously did have ‘the time of our lives’,” the couple wrote when they uploaded the video to YouTube.

gay-men-dance-wedding-500x250.jpg

The couple credit Nieves Latin Dance Studio for the choreography and the movie Ex Machina for the disco inspiration.

TruHart1 :cool:

Straight couples don't get a pass from me for giving a performance at their weddings. Gays don't either.

For that reason, I have to give this a thumbs down. (And I know I'll be unpopular for saying so.)

I'm splitting hairs, but I don't mind performance numbers at a wedding IF (and this is a big IF) they are not the couple's first dance. The first dance should be all about the couple, and I think a production number takes away from the meaning of the moment. If the couple wants to do a choreographed number after the ritual dances (couple, mother/son, parents, etc.) are completed, I'm fine with that.

I assume it’s their first and only wedding of their lives and the most important milestone of their marriage and they can do whatever they want. If I were a close friend and guest I’d be happy for them and celebrate something that was obviously pretty special for them to put that much effort into.

I wouldn’t do it at my wedding but I’d hope if they were my close friend and guest that they be just as happy for me and whatever I chose for my first dance.