Did Your Parents Give You Condoms?

Avalon
This topic is 2041 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Did Your Parents Give You Condoms?

The only thing my parents gave me was shpilkes.

If you are old enough to have sex, you are old enough to buy your own condoms! Just my two cents!

Where are you buying your condoms? At the dollar store?

My friend at work always mentions she has to pack condoms for her son whenever he travels.

She always mentions this? Has the woman nothing else to talk about, other than her son's lack of responsibility vis-a-vis his sex life?

Edited by samhexum

True story.

I don't know why I remember this, but when I was very young, way less than 10 years old, I opened a small box in the medicine cabinet which (knowing later) turned out to contain condoms. I opened the box, took one out. I blew it up as a balloon, and took it outside, and tossed it around going down the block.

Condom? I never even got a birds and the bees lecture. I was masturbating before I realized that immaculate conception was not the standard method of birthing. I was an only child who lived in the country and had little contact with cousins. I could have become a monk I guess.

A droll follow up. In the Army I always kept a condom in my wallet. I was stationed in France then Germany. One summer my parents came to visit. I can’t recall exactly why but at one point I had to hand my wallet to my father. He couldn’t miss the distinct outline of what was inside. I CAN recall his failed attempt to stiffle his shock. Not a word was spoken.

If you are old enough to have sex, you are old enough to buy your own condoms! Just my two cents!

That's all well and good in theory, but the fact remains that there are plenty of kids who can work up the nerve to have sex with someone but are not yet confident enough to face the store clerk. And statistically speaking, they're unlikely to let the latter problem prevent them from engaging in the former. So if you are someone who is invested in that individual's life outcomes, you might prefer they have the condoms available.

When I was in college I worked as a clerk in the camps pharmacy. Many times female students who knew me would walk into the pharmacy, see me at the counter, and walk right back out. I would ask the pharmacists to give me some work in the back to do to make sure they would get their birth control prescriptions filled.

That's all well and good in theory, but the fact remains that there are plenty of kids who can work up the nerve to have sex with someone but are not yet confident enough to face the store clerk. And statistically speaking, they're unlikely to let the latter problem prevent them from engaging in the former. So if you are someone who is invested in that individual's life outcomes, you might prefer they have the condoms available.

When I was in college I worked as a clerk in the camps pharmacy. Many times female students who knew me would walk into the pharmacy, see me at the counter, and walk right back out. I would ask the pharmacists to give me some work in the back to do to make sure they would get their birth control prescriptions filled.

I would have thought with you being gay they would have been more comfortable dealing with you.