Has Your Signature Changed Over Time?

Avalon
This topic is 2048 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Back in the day when you got a free toaster for opening an account. The good old days!!:):)

Nothing back then but several years ago when they opened a new branch I happened to stop by and they were having a fair and I spun the wheel and got a free plastic cup with a lid.

I've never even gotten a calendar.

I opened the bank account over 30 years ago.

I'm surprised they checked the signature card if it was signed that long ago. You could sign a new one.

Nothing back then but several years ago when they opened a new branch I happened to stop by and they were having a fair and I spun the wheel and got a free plastic cup with a lid.

I've never even gotten a calendar.

Well, the various charities fill that need. I must get a dozen in the mail. Turns into recycle bin food.

I'm surprised they checked the signature card if it was signed that long ago. You could sign a new one.

Well, the various charities fill that need. I must get a dozen in the mail. Turns into recycle bin food.

I constantly get return address labels from charities, or those wanting me to buy insurance and stuff like that. I'm sure I will die, or move to a new address before I can use them all.

For months now I usually only write one check per month and that to my landlord for my rent.

The bank is very concerned about fraud.

Several years ago someone was using my account in another state. The bank called me immediately. It was a Saturday.

...The bank is very concerned about fraud....

If they are THAT concerned they would update the signature card.

...Several years ago someone was using my account in another state. The bank called me immediately. It was a Saturday.

That has been the norm for years.

About 18 months ago I noticed a drastic change in my signature. My writing has gotten so bad (due to involuntary trembles in my right hand) I can't even write notes in meetings. Me or no one else can read what I've written. I use a rubber stamp for return addresses on envelopes. I use the computer to print out labels for the addressee.

And it's not just writing. I have to be careful what food I order in public. Soup is the worst. Unless I can stab it with a fork, it has little chance of actually reaching my mouth. Some days it's not bad but other days it is terrible. I even have trouble using the mouse to click an icon. Looking into PC alternatives - perhaps voice recognition.

I've joked that my penmanship is so bad I could have been a doctor. :p:p:p:p

I remember learning cursive in grade school. We had to make a perfect alphabet to hang on the wall for our parents to come and see. It took alot of work!

Completely. When I was in school, I got teased for writing "like a girl" all the time because my handwriting was so good. Now, every employee who has to read my chicken scratching complains. Sometimes I can't even read my own handwriting. My handwriting fits the new mold.

I had a dear female friend who in her 70s still had beautiful cursive writing.