Mega Millions Jackpot at $1,600,000,000

Boy4
This topic is 2047 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn’t complain if I won and I did buy a ticket ;) but I live in a state where you can’t remain anonymous and I think the publicity would be terrible.

This is an interesting article on how they change the rules to create these giant jackpots:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2018/10/17/mega-millions-tweaked-odds-create-monster-jackpots-it-worked/?utm_term=.60ab990a84c4

I wouldn’t complain if I won and I did buy a ticket ;)but I live in a state where you can’t remain anonymous and I think the publicity would be terrible.

This is an interesting article on how they change the rules to create these giant jackpots:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2018/10/17/mega-millions-tweaked-odds-create-monster-jackpots-it-worked/?utm_term=.60ab990a84c4

Where TF do you live, that sounds awful! If I'm not mistaken here in England you can always request anonymity.

I don't live in a backwater State. New York state does not allow winners to remain anonymous. Actually a lot fof states don't I believe:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michellefabio/2018/03/13/560m-lottery-winner-can-remain-anonymous-why-is-this-even-an-issue-in-2018/#63bd1547e084

Illinois doesn't allow any winner to remain anonymous. Michigan is the only state that I know of that allows winners of their in-state lottery to remain anonymous. Any winner of a multi-state game (i.e Mega, and Powerball) cannot remain anonymous.

I don't care if they have to announce my name. Once the money is in my account (after taxes), I will disappear. All the people I care about will get a check in the mail. I am very simple and don't want an extravagant lifestyle so it would be easy for me to remain under peoples radar. The few things I would splurge on is a couple of safaris in Africa and Australia, and a trip to my parents homeland. Oh, I would probably hire a masseur once a week since I love massages, especially foot and cranial. For the most part, I'd volunteer my time at an animal shelter and spend the rest of it working on my garden.

If I win I don't really care who knows - I'll just run right to my CPA, throw up the force field shields and run off to some island where they'll never track me down.

I did "invest" a $20 last night - I figure if I make my lunch and skip *bucks today I'll come out even. I think I won like $12 last time - big spender.

I don't care if they have to announce my name. Once the money is in my account (after taxes), I will disappear. All the people I care about will get a check in the mail. I am very simple and don't want an extravagant lifestyle so it would be easy for me to remain under peoples radar. The few things I would splurge on is a couple of safaris in Africa and Australia, and a trip to my parents homeland. Oh, I would probably hire a masseur once a week since I love massages, especially foot and cranial. For the most part, I'd volunteer my time at an animal shelter and spend the rest of it working on my garden.

Do your have children, family members who would possibly need security protection? Kidnapping, abduction of loved ones for cash is not unusual for the wealthy

Do your have children, family members who would possibly need security protection? Kidnapping, abduction of loved ones for cash is not unusual for the wealthy

I don't take part in social media, I don't have much of a paper trail, no kids, parents are older and I can easily have them live in another country, and if abduction was a really big problem for the wealthy then we would see more about it on the news.

Only immediate family in this country is three brothers. After two weeks, the kidnappers would leave the door open so two of them could escape. The other brother would probably enjoy the break from his wife and ask to stay longer.

(just kidding)

Protection hell yes... but this ain't Mexico.

I don't take part in social media, I don't have much of a paper trail, no kids, parents are older and I can easily have them live in another country, and if abduction was a really big problem for the wealthy then we would see more about it on the news.

Exactly!

When was the last time we heard about a kidnapping for ransom?

Only immediate family in this country is three brothers. After two weeks, the kidnappers would leave the door open so two of them could escape. The other brother would probably enjoy the break from his wife and ask to stay longer.

LOL. Sort of reminds me of the plot from The Ransom of Red Chief by O. Henry, one of the first short stories I can remember reading as a child.