brand new printer all effed up

Smurof
This topic is 1125 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

HP Printer, HP home computer. The computer does "updates" before shutting down one night, and now any time I try to print, it just goes into storage and doesn't physically print. I've tried all Internet site recommendations and nothing seems to work. It sucks because my printer is pretty new, and HP told me over the phone they can help me...for $150! Geek Squad does not offer assistance to devices plugged in to the computer. I'm sure it's an easy fix, but I don't know what to do. Help, please.

Not an expert - only knowledgeable enough to be dangerous.

Turn off and physically unplug both printer and computer from the wall socket.

Count to 20 and plug back in. This should do a fresh reboot of both.

Are you doing a wireless connection? Maybe try a physical USB connection first until you get things working.

If this didn’t solve the problem them you will likely have to delete the printer driver program from your computer. Then turn off computer, count to 20 and restart. Reinstall the printer driver either from the original CD-ROM or a fresh download of the driver from the HP Website.

Edit: Oh, and you said this is a new printer. You did select the “new” printer as the new default to print to didn’t you?

Edited by not2rowdy

HP Printer, HP home computer. The computer does "updates" before shutting down one night, and now any time I try to print, it just goes into storage and doesn't physically print. I've tried all Internet site recommendations and nothing seems to work. It sucks because my printer is pretty new, and HP told me over the phone they can help me...for $150! Geek Squad does not offer assistance to devices plugged in to the computer. I'm sure it's an easy fix, but I don't know what to do. Help, please.

If you have not already done so, you might get some benefit from downloading the hp Print and Scan Doctor:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03286146

you will likely have to delete the printer driver program from your computer. Then turn off computer, count to 20 and restart. Reinstall the printer driver either from the original CD-ROM or a fresh download of the driver from the HP Website.

FWIW...I second this. I was having the same problem, and this worked for me.

brand new printer all effed up

Not an expert - only knowledgeable enough to be dangerous.

I would contact who you bought the printer from.

you might get some benefit from downloading the hp Print and Scan Doctor

Could you be more specific?

The only printers I bought for home and lasted, are the ild printers with ink tape.

This is a really great tool.

I was having the same problem, and this worked for me.

http://synd.imgsrv.uclick.com/comics/cl/2018/cl181016.gif

• 2 years later...

HP Printer, HP home computer.... HP told me over the phone they can help me...for $150! Geek Squad does not offer assistance to devices plugged in to the computer. I'm sure it's an easy fix, but I don't know what to do.

I would contact who you bought the printer from, tell them what you've said here, and ask them either to help you with it or allow you to return the printer.

If you have not already done so, you might get some benefit from downloading the hp Print and Scan Doctor: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03286146

all the ink cartridge printers i have had lasted very short.

2082490.jpg

HP Printer, HP home computer.... HP told me over the phone they can help me...for $150! Geek Squad does not offer assistance to devices plugged in to the computer. I'm sure it's an easy fix, but I don't know what to do.

I would contact who you bought the printer from, tell them what you've said here, and ask them either to help you with it or allow you to return the printer.

If you have not already done so, you might get some benefit from downloading the hp Print and Scan Doctor: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03286146

all the ink cartridge printers i have had lasted very short.

2082490.jpg