Jimmy Dean Breakfasts?

Avalon
This topic is 1950 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I do use the microwave. Today I "nuked" a steak.

For decades now I've used a salt substitute.

Do you have Seattle Sutton available where you live? I have no experience with them, so not endorsing them, maybe others here do, but my impression is that will tailor your food to your health needs, cook individual meals, and all you have to do is nuke them.

https://www.seattlesutton.com/

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have Seattle Sutton available where you live? I have no experience with them, so not endorsing them, maybe others here do, but my impression is that will tailor your food to your health needs, cook individual meals, and all you have to do is nuke them.

I'm not familiar with it.

I have thought about meals-on-wheels.

Then of course, forget the bread. But hard to burn up the building if the microwave will shut itself off after a certain time. Chop up the sausage (it's already cooked), and add to the eggs.

https://www.google.com/search?q=scrambled+eggs+in+microwave&rlz=1C1ZCEB_enUS804US804&oq=scrambled+eggs+in+microwave&aqs=chrome..69i57.7837j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I don't remember where I learned this (pre-Internet) but I've been preparing scrambled eggs in the microwave since I was in college.

for one egg: microwave on high

• 30 seconds - stir

• 15 seconds - stir

• 15 seconds - stir

• add black pepper and extras if any (chopped ham, sausage, cheese, leftover veggies...)

• 15 seconds - stir

For more than one egg I end up adding another one or two 15 second bursts. Lately I've been getting better at separating and removing yolks. Based on that cheerful video I'm going to try cooking spray.

Ok, we need to talk about this nuking a steak? Was it from raw or just warming up. I cant imagine nuking a steak.

I had defrosted the steak. So I had several paper plates and a couple of paper towels I put under it. I put salt substitute on it plus other spices and cooked it for @15 minutes. I did this in the morning when I first went into the kitchen to get my breakfast - yogurt and Diet Pepsi. I just left the steak in the microwave oven several hours until I was ready to eat it. I put it on another paper plate and cut it up and put HP sauce on it. The Brits call it "brown sauce".

I don't remember where I learned this (pre-Internet) but I've been preparing scrambled eggs in the microwave since I was in college.

• 30 seconds - stir

• 15 seconds - stir

• 15 seconds - stir

• add black pepper and extras if any (chopped ham, sausage, cheese, leftover veggies...)

• 15 seconds - stir

For more than one egg I end up adding another one or two 15 second bursts. Lately I've been getting better at separating and removing yolks. Based on that cheerful video I'm going to try cooking spray.

Thanks I could do that. It all sounds good!

I can't stand long; I have a chair in the kitchen.

Ok, we need to talk about this nuking a steak? Was it from raw or just warming up. I cant imagine nuking a steak.

Me either....especially after tonight’s dinner...a thick slice of dry aged bone in prime ribeye (dry aged the entire primal cut my self), seasoned and vacuum packed and placed into sous vide for a couple hours to 120°, then quickly seared twice on each side, rested, and consumed. Yum

Me either....especially after tonight’s dinner...a thick slice of dry aged bone in prime ribeye (dry aged the entire primal cut my self), seasoned and vacuum packed and placed into sous vide for a couple hours to 120°, then quickly seared twice on each side, rested, and consumed. Yum

Mine was just a cheap cut.

• 30 seconds - stir

• 15 seconds - stir

• 15 seconds - stir

• 15 seconds - stir

I hadn't thought of that. I've been eating a lot of egg whites. I could nuke them. It would make life easier in the morning.

Avalon - I'm not sure if they have breakfast or not, but there are companies that deliver chef prepared fully cooked healthy meals that all you have to do it nuke. They're not bad - Freshly is one - there are others.

https://www.freshly.com/

Thanks! I may check the local Meals-on-Wheels.

Only thing is I don't want to become too dependent upon others.

I've noticed that since I have no one to talk to - I can go weeks without seeing anyone - that when I do see someone I talk too much to them. I have to curb myself of that. When someone says "Hello" or "How are you?" it is not an invitation to a long dialogue.

I would suggest that many of the suggestions made to you here and other threads (mobility devices, doctor visit NOW, etc) are all suggestions that could ultimately LESSEN your dependence on others. I understand your hesitation in making the first steps...hopefully we can support you with that.

You already are. You're wearing your property manager out. I have some experience with this. Relying on a few well-chosen service agencies can really make life a lot easier for you. My father was extremely ill - he had CHF so bad that he could have qualified for a heart transplant and he was on kidney dialysis. I was his caregiver. The social worker at his dialysis unit helped me get hooked up with a few service agencies like meals on wheels. It lightened my load a lot, and he looked forward to seeing the volunteers. I think meals on wheels may actually have saved his life. He wouldn't eat the food that I prepared for him and his weight had dropped to 110#. I got him set up on meals on wheels and he started eating because he wasn't trying to play power games with me. In a matter of months he put on about 25 #.

Oh that sounds so good. I love steak but have actually never had dry aged. That is on my list of things to do now

I have done microwave eggs before. Your method is too much steps. I just simply crack eggs, stir, add ingredients like sausage, bacon, cheese, bell peppers, etc. then microwave 90 seconds but you can play with time depending on how you want eggs. Simple and you know what is in it and you can pronounce all the ingredients ( well maybe not what is in the sausages).

No need to spend money on a breakfast bowl, just make your own.

Oh that sounds so good. I love steak but have actually never had dry aged. That is on my list of things to do now

I have been wanting to try dry-aged grass-finished beef. Grass-finished beef can be dry and lacking in flavor because it is so lean. Supposedly, dry-aging fixes all that.

I have been wanting to try dry-aged grass-finished beef. Grass-finished beef can be dry and lacking in flavor because it is so lean. Supposedly, dry-aging fixes all that.

I haven’t tried dry aging grass fed yet. Starting with flavor profiles I know (USDA choice/prime) but will try it soon.

I do buy/eat grass fed though....check crowdcow.com for some ethically/healthy “artisan” raised beef.

I haven’t tried dry aging grass fed yet. Starting with flavor profiles I know (USDA choice/prime) but will try it soon.

I do buy/eat grass fed though....check crowdcow.com for some ethically/healthy “artisan” raised beef.

Most of the beef I eat is grass-finished and organic. I just buy at the grocery store.

I have done microwave eggs before. Your method is too much steps. I just simply crack eggs, stir, add ingredients like sausage, bacon, cheese, bell peppers, etc. then microwave 90 seconds but you can play with time depending on how you want eggs. Simple and you know what is in it and you can pronounce all the ingredients ( well maybe not what is in the sausages).

No need to spend money on a breakfast bowl, just make your own.

It's a number of trivial steps -- not hard at all. I wouldn't get intimidated by a short, repetitive list. You're just pressing buttons on a microwave, opening and closing the door, and stirring something with a fork. Stirring periodically rather than cooking the eggs in one blast makes the difference between fluffier eggs vs. a dense brick with soft spots and overcooked chunks.