Q. Athletic Underwear, Sneakers, & Gym Gear

Chad Constantine
This topic is 2082 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was doing this killer early morning aerobic training class. Half of the time was devoted to concept II, and the remainder to spin cycling. It lasted 2.5 hours, 4 mornings per week.

Concept II? I have heard of spin classes. I actually have to check what type of group training sessions my gym offers. Maybe I can last a whole 10 minutes in a beginner class if they have them. You say was do you no longer do that type of training or just not as long?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I ride road bikes, I wear Lycra bib shorts with a tight jersey. For mountain biking, they now make a bib short that’s a little baggier. Good shorts always have butt and groin padding.

Under Armour and adidas make bike type Lycra/polyester shorts for running and working out. I’ve worked on my ass and legs for many years so I like to show them off!

When I ride road bikes, I wear Lycra bib shorts with a tight jersey. For mountain biking, they now make a bib short that’s a little baggier. Good shorts always have butt and groin padding.

Under Armour and adidas make bike type Lycra/polyester shorts for running and working out. I’ve worked on my ass and legs for many years so I like to show them off!

Sounds like I need to make a new thread:p:D. I am assuming since you have the shorts do you also use those unique sneakers as well or is that more for professional cycling?

Hey Guys,

I was hoping to get some recommendations for athletic wear since I just stated going to the gym. Especially what underwear is best for working out.

plain black tanks (you can get anvil tanks for 4 bucks), a jockstrap because it turns the boys on, and shorts from two tags - they’re australian so they take a bit to arrive but they’re comfy and reasonably priced.

I have to disagree. I have about ten gym outfits and they are all color coordinated: shirt, shorts, underwear and jock strap, and gym shoes. I wear them in rotation and even though I attend a straight gym people comment on my outfits, and do complain if my sneakers don't match. The well-groomed homosexual must make a fashion statement at the gym.

On a more serious note, I do not recommend freeballing it. Perfect way to wind up with a hernia. Most guys I know of whatever sexual orientation wear some form of boxer briefs under their shorts or sweats. I do wear a jock underneath as well because I have small hernias and don't want to make them worse.

I hate to break it to you but wearing underwear isn’t going to prevent an inguinal hernia; the hernia is from a weakness/vulnerability in your muscle, not from freeballing. At most, they’ll reduce a small hernia and make it appear to stay in place. It’s quite likely working out is slowly making it worse, even with underwear on.

Interesting fellas. I enjoy spending time in the gym and for me, it’s about function over anything else. I like to update my gym gear routinely, because it keeps me motivated. I wouldn’t say I’m a gym fashion plate, but I buy decent quality pieces.

Normally work out in tank tops or t-shirts with sleeves cut off; I’ll tend to wear T-shirt’s (form fitting) in days when I’m squatting just because for both front and back squats the bar is on your skin and it’s a little more comfortable. Otherwise tanks.

I ain’t into freeballin in the gym. I want the boys tucked away. If I do cardio nothing more annoying than your junk just flopping around - that can be distracting for a multitude of reasons. For me supportive briefs, trunks, or compression shorts on leg days.

I can’t stand to work out in long tights or sweats. It’s shorts all the way - no matter the season. Usually quad length to 4 inches above knee. I hate shorts getting tangled at my knees and being too baggy. My shorts fit, but have stretch for squatting and deadlifting. (My ass is a little big, but not enormous, I just have to be sure there’s some stretch to make room for my ass, and they work. You know your body, buy accordingly.)

Shoes. For deadlifting and squatting and days when I’m working lower, I use a solid soul shoe that is not squishy. Just a simple firm foundation is what you want. I want firm contact with the ground for these movements plus the leg press and this works for me. Mine are simple black Nike’s. Otherwise, I use a pair of light weight running shoes if I’m going to run or do the treadmill. If I’m doing more cross fit style, then I will use a cross trainer shoe.

Enjoy yourself and keep working at it. It’s slow, but rewarding.

Edited by HotWhiteThirties

Interesting fellas. I enjoy spending time in the gym and for me, it’s about function over anything else. I like to update my gym gear routinely, because it keeps me motivated. I wouldn’t say I’m a gym fashion plate, but I buy decent quality pieces.

Normally work out in tank tops or t-shirts with sleeves cut off; I’ll tend to wear T-shirt’s (form fitting) in days when I’m squatting just because for both front and back squats the bar is on your skin and it’s a little more comfortable. Otherwise tanks.

I ain’t into freeballin in the gym. I want the boys tucked away. If I do cardio nothing more annoying than your junk just flopping around - that can be distracting for a multitude of reasons. For me supportive briefs, trunks, or compression shorts on leg days.

I can’t stand to work out in long tights or sweats. It’s shorts all the way - no matter the season. Usually quad length to 4 inches above knee. I hate shorts getting tangled at my knees and being too baggy. My shorts fit, but have stretch for squatting and deadlifting. (My ass is a little big, but not enormous, I just have to be sure there’s some stretch to make room for my ass, and they work. You know your body, buy accordingly.)

Shoes. For deadlifting and squatting and days when I’m working lower, I use a solid soul shoe that is not squishy. Just a simple firm foundation is what you want. I want firm contact with the ground for these movements plus the leg press and this works for me. Mine are simple black Nike’s. Otherwise, I use a pair of light weight running shoes if I’m going to run or do the treadmill. If I’m doing more cross fit style, then I will use a cross trainer shoe.

Enjoy yourself and keep working at it. It’s slow, but rewarding.

How many times out of the year do you get new gym clothes? Do you donate your old one? I am assuming the shorts aren’t basketball shorts. What store/ retailer do you get your shoes? I have a wide foot and Modells does not really have that big of a selection for my size.

How many times out of the year do you get new gym clothes? Do you donate your old one? I am assuming the shorts aren’t basketball shorts. What store/ retailer do you get your shoes? I have a wide foot and Modells does not really have that big of a selection for my size.

I just buy a new tank or shorts when the mood strikes me. I’ve been at this fitness journey for almost 5 years now. It’s been a good one. I haven’t donated any of my gear because I normally wear it out - or keep wearing it until it wears out. The last set of shorts I got that I really liked were some Rhône shorts. Excellent purchase, but a little pricey. They met all my requirements that I mentioned. I’ve also gotten some from Hylete, but they are a bit too long. They now have a quad cut that I think I would like better. Otherwise, just basic Under Armour, Nike, or Adidas. So no, I don’t do the basketball shorts thing. I don’t like them that long around my knees and so loose and baggy that my phone is flopping around. I like a set of shorts that can handle my phone and it be secure.

I got my last sets of shoes at the Nike factory outlet. I have 3 pair I work out with depending on what my primary goal is for that workout - solid souls for leg days and dead lift; light weight runners with cushioned souls for cardio and running; cross trainers when I want to do a little of it all. My foot is long, but not too wide, so I haven’t had a lot of issue. My cross trainers allow for a wide foot, it would seem. Or they seem wider than the others because they’re is a broader base.

I love this stuff. I could talk about it for hours. From gear to lifts, Training, nutrition, etc. I enjoy learning about it and progressing. Excuse the lengthy response, but maybe that explains it. I was overweight (especially for me), until I made the commitment to start taking care of myself. Still not where I want to be, but hope to continue as long as my body allows. Best decision I’ve made. I decided age may have its way, but I sure as hell am not going down without a fight! :D

Edited by HotWhiteThirties

How did you find out/ hear about TwoTags? Do you buy the anvil tanks online too?

I don’t remember how I found out about them. They’re great. Short inseam, good pockets. They do a great job accentuating my crotch.

Yes on the tanks - because I know how they fit and my size, I just google, find the cheapest outlet, and do it to it.

I don’t remember how I found out about them. They’re great. Short inseam, good pockets. They do a great job accentuating my crotch.

Yes on the tanks - because I know how they fit and my size, I just google, find the cheapest outlet, and do it to it.

I’ll hafta check these out. Thanks for the recommendation.

I just buy a new tank or shorts when the mood strikes me. I’ve been at this fitness journey for almost 5 years now. It’s been a good one. I haven’t donated any of my gear because I normally wear it out - or keep wearing it until it wears out. The last set of shorts I got that I really liked were some Rhône shorts. Excellent purchase, but a little pricey. They met all my requirements that I mentioned. I’ve also gotten some from Hylete, but they are a bit too long. They now have a quad cut that I think I would like better. Otherwise, just basic Under Armour, Nike, or Adidas. So no, I don’t do the basketball shorts thing. I don’t like them that long around my knees and so loose and baggy that my phone is flopping around. I like a set of shorts that can handle my phone and it be secure.

I got my last sets of shoes at the Nike factory outlet. I have 3 pair I work out with depending on what my primary goal is for that workout - solid souls for leg days and dead lift; light weight runners with cushioned souls for cardio and running; cross trainers when I want to do a little of it all. My foot is long, but not too wide, so I haven’t had a lot of issue. My cross trainers allow for a wide foot, it would seem. Or they seem wider than the others because they’re is a broader base.

I love this stuff. I could talk about it for hours. From gear to lifts, Training, nutrition, etc. I enjoy learning about it and progressing. Excuse the lengthy response, but maybe that explains it. I was overweight (especially for me), until I made the commitment to start taking care of myself. Still not where I want to be, but hope to continue as long as my body allows. Best decision I’ve made. I decided age may have its way, but I sure as hell am not going down without a fight! :D

No no no it is not lengthy at all and it is all information that I and hopefully others will find amazingly informative. I am assuming you bought them in person since you describe yourself with a nice fatty. I will have to check out these brands I never heard of before and try out a pair of tight shorts. I wonder if those types will provide more comfort than my loose ones when and if I ever show up to the gym again with a bad case of blue balls like I did today. :eek:It was a bitch doing a cardio today:D

Yea if they are the same pair that is in your picture on RM it definitely does do a great job accentuating your your huge 3rd arm.

No no no it is not lengthy at all and it is all information that I and hopefully others will find amazingly informative. I am assuming you bought them in person since you describe yourself with a nice fatty. I will have to check out these brands I never heard of before and try out a pair of tight shorts. I wonder if those types will provide more comfort than my loose ones when and if I ever show up to the gym again with a bad case of blue balls like I did today. :eek:It was a bitch doing a cardio today:D

Well, not overweight or a “fatty”anymore, albeit I’d like to reduce my body fat percentage some more. I got down into the single digits before, but I was exceptionally thin for my height and felt like my muscle mass was deteriorating. I’m in the 14% to 15% right now. Would like to get back down to around 10% if I could. It’s a constant process.

To answer your question I order most things now online; overall about half “in-store” purchases and half online. My shorts aren’t really tight, except around my ass a bit cause I’ve got a little junk in the trunk, but nothing crazy.

Blue balls at the gym suck. I’ve been there. Lesson: gotta take care of that before you start your workouts. ;)

Well, not overweight or a “fatty”anymore, albeit I’d like to reduce my body fat percentage some more. I got down into the single digits before, but I was exceptionally thin for my height and felt like my muscle mass was deteriorating. I’m in the 14% to 15% right now. Would like to get back down to around 10% if I could. It’s a constant process.

To answer your question I order most things now online; overall about half “in-store” purchases and half online. My shorts aren’t really tight, except around my ass a bit cause I’ve got a little junk in the trunk, but nothing crazy.

Blue balls at the gym suck. I’ve been there. Lesson: gotta take care of that before you start your workouts. ;)

No, no, no you having a nice fatty does not mean you are overweight it mean you got a nice, juicy, delicious looking ass. it is basically the new and easier way of saying you got junk in your trunk. Damn within 5 years and your down to around 15%. That is an amazing accomplishment. I wonder if I can get that far but right now just setting my goals low so they can be accomplished.

:D:D:D My trainer said the same thing. When he asked me if I was feeling any pain from our workout. I told him nah I just got pain in my balls. He busted out laughing and said I get that too you just got to shoot your load. Second lesson: do not check out RM, read the forums, and set up a date for the next day before going to the gym. :D:D:D

No, no, no you having a nice fatty does not mean you are overweight it mean you got a nice, juicy, delicious looking ass. it is basically the new and easier way of saying you got junk in your trunk. Damn within 5 years and your down to around 15%. That is an amazing accomplishment. I wonder if I can get that far but right now just setting my goals low so they can be accomplished.

:D:D:D My trainer said the same thing. When he asked me if I was feeling any pain from our workout. I told him nah I just got pain in my balls. He busted out laughing and said I get that too you just got to shoot your load. Second lesson: do not check out RM, read the forums, and set up a date for the next day before going to the gym. :D:D:D

Ha! Guess I need to get up to speed with the “fatty” lingo. Part of the junk has developed as it would from working out, but I don’t mind it. It’s been a long road. I keep changing up my workouts about every 12 to 16 weeks to keep things fresh and try to keep from getting bored. That helps.

Once you do it long enough the fear of ever returning to where you began is quite a motivator. I promise you can do it, and you will fall off at times and make errors, but you just keep getting back on track. It really is 75% to 80% what you eat. The exercise is the “polish” on good, healthy eating.

And let yourself have the ice cream every now and then.

Ha! Guess I need to get up to speed with the “fatty” lingo. Part of the junk has developed as it would from working out, but I don’t mind it. It’s been a long road. I keep changing up my workouts about every 12 to 16 weeks to keep things fresh and try to keep from getting bored. That helps.

Once you do it long enough the fear of ever returning to where you began is quite a motivator. I promise you can do it, and you will fall off at times and make errors, but you just keep getting back on track. It really is 75% to 80% what you eat. The exercise is the “polish” on good, healthy eating.

And let yourself have the ice cream every now and then.

Yes and it sort of hurts the foodie in me trying to steer clear of certain food plus my job does not help because of the crazy hours but I am not trying to fall back on that as an excuse. I am trying to eat as healthy as i know possible. If it is not healthy enough I am sure my new nutritionist that I will see at the end of the month will slap some sense into. Luckily my friend is pescatarian and his wife is vegan so they show me knew healthier foods for me to try or substitute. Where did you go to find out different exercises so your workout does not become monotonous? Do you have any websites, forums, or youtube channels you could recommend?

Don’t take this amiss @Chad Constantine.

With all the questions you’ve raised, I really feel you should take your thread into the locker-rooms, changing rooms and showers of gyms in the real world.

Perhaps you could tell gym-managers that you’ve been retained by underwear companies to survey what hot gay men, who are always fashion-forward, are actually wearing to the gym. I would be happy to help you draft an in-depth questionnaire.

Don’t take this amiss @Chad Constantine.

With all the questions you’ve raised, I really feel you should take your thread into the locker-rooms, changing rooms and showers of gyms in the real world.

Perhaps you could tell gym-managers that you’ve been retained by underwear companies to survey what hot gay men, who are always fashion-forward, are actually wearing to the gym. I would be happy to help you draft an in-depth questionnaire.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D